Prologue
166 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Captain's Log (The Noah) - Star Year 23608

Our voyage toward the millennium enigma has been but an implausible endeavor. Our scientists have made zero progress toward deciphering where the wormhole might lead. Even if the wormhole led to another universe with more energy it would only serve to delay our demise. The heat death of the universe is impossible to escape from unless humanity becomes a Type IV or Type X civilization but that's impossible now if it was even ever possible. Although I don't see hope it is still the last mission given to us by the Federation.

We will arrive in the designated star sector in 30 star years.

Captain's Log (The Noah) - Star Year 23634

We have arrived at the millennium enigma. It looks nothing like what was in the reports! The wormhole is ethereal and elusive, there is a visible orange-white energy field of some sort around it. There are small planets and meteors orbiting around the energy field vibrant with primal life. It has to be one of the most magnificent sights in the universe. It wouldn't be a bad resting place for humanity.

Captain's Log (The Noah) - Star Year 23651

There has been a breakthrough in our research on the millennium enigma, we sent multiple probes both in energy and physical form into the wormhole and surprisingly we lost contact almost immediately with them. The physical probes were meant to send a signal back every miller second so we are able to record the speed and direction of the wormhole but weirdly our physical probes weren't able to send a single signal after entering the wormhole. Our energy probes were supposed to send a shock wave that would mimic the destruction of a galaxy on the exit of the wormhole hoping to detect where it would lead. We couldn't detect any results from the energy probes either.

It's like the wormhole leads to a dimension outside of the observable universe, if this is true then there might still be hope for humanity. More testing is necessary for an accurate conclusion, I have faith. 

Captain's Log (The Noah) - Star Year 23785

I am afraid this would be our last entry. Through many years of testing we have confirmed that the wormhole would either lead to somewhere very far away in the observable universe or lead to another dimension outside of the observable universe. We hope that it is the latter as it is unlikely any galaxies in the current universe would have enough energy required to rebuild a Type III civilization. The probes and testing consumed a lot of energy, if we don't enter the wormhole now we would never have a chance again.

The Noah has fulfilled it's final mission carrying the seeds of humanity toward hope.

Good luck to us all.

1