Chapter 13 – Follower of Zephyrith(5)
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xinyan turned around.

"Oh! It's nothing!"

Elendril weakly smiled.

"I see. And since I'm level 4 now, you brought me to Falstein, right?"

Yang Mi and Xinyan did a double take.

And it was true!

When they looked at his level, it was actually level four!

But how?

"Hmm. Are you the ones who saved me from the wolves?"

"Yes!"

Xinyan said.

Elendril relaxed.

"I guess I can tell you then. But first of all, do you have any food and water?"

They quickly gave him all the bread and water they had.

After vanquishing the food, Elendril finally sighed in relief.

"Did the two of you get a new mission?"

"Xinyan, look, there really is a mission! But it's so easy?"

Yang Mi said. 

Xinyan glanced at the mission. 

Mission: Keep Elendril alive!

Make sure Elendril stays alive during the monster wave in two days!

Reward: 100 EXP, +200 Elendril Favorability Points, +100 Zephyrith Favorability Points

Failure Penalty: -3000 EXP, -1000 Zephyrith Favorability Points

"Psst! Elendril! Are you the favorite of Zephyrith or something?"

Elendril paled.

"Zephyrith? No, I have nothing to do with that goddess! And don't speak that too loud, what if people hear??"

Xinyan was confused now. 

Elendril wasn't the chosen one of Zephyrith?

Then why did she receive the quest to rescue him, and why did it give her and Yang Mi Zephyrith Favorability Points?

"Well, what mission did you get then?"

"Mine says to stay alive for two days." 

Yang Mi frowned.

"Hey Elendril, can you tell us who Zephyrith is?"

Xinyan asked.

"How do you two not know of that goddess?"

The girls made their most innocent faces.

Elendril facepalmed.

"Ugh. Fine. Get on the bed, I'm too tired to get up."

He sat up.

"Are you sure? Won't we get the bed dirty though? You're still going to sleep in that right?"

Elendril waved it off.

"Don't worry, it's just some dirt. A little magic will get rid of it in no time."

Elendril patted the bed in front of him.

Xinyan and Yang Mi gingerly sat on the bed.

"Oh, come on, relax! Look, I'll take off the dirt now so you'll see!"

Elendril closed his eyes and waved his hands.

The dirt that was on their clothes and bodies collectively ripped itself off and coagulated into a floating dirt ball in the air!

"Actually, could you open the window please?"

Elendril opened his eyes and scratched his face embarrassedly.

With a smile, Yang Mi got up and opened the window.

He closed his eyes again, and the dirt ball flew out and vertically fell.

Yang Mi took a seat on the bed again.

She flashed a quick look to Xinyan.

They both agreed.

Too cute!

He needed to be preserved as a national treasure!

He was great streaming material too!

Yang Mi made sure her recording device was on, then asked.

"So, who is Zephyrith?"

"First, do you know about Terneim and the church?"

They both shook their heads.

Sigh.

"Okay, so this is the Celestrian Empire."

They nodded.

"The main religion worships the goddess Terneim. She represents honor and the heavens. The church worships her as well, and they have a really strong presence in the Empire. The church has three central figures as well, though usually only one of them is active at a time. They're the Shield Knight, the Healing Knight, and the Sword Knight. I've always been a devout follower of Terneim."

"Zephyrith is the goddess of the earth and death. She's what parents tell to their parents to make them sleep at night."

Xinyan suddenly understood. 

Their quest was likely to prevent the followers of Terneim from assassinating Elendril! 

But because they were all so weak, it was probably better that he stayed here the whole time anyways. 

"Actually, wait! Have you seen my bow and arrows, and my pouch?"

Xinyan pointed to the side of the bed.

"They're right there!"

Elendril sighed in relief.

"So is Sylvanax like a golem?"

Xinyan asked.

Elendril shrunk back, but realizing he was up against the banister of the bed, he instead adopted a wary look.

"Sylvanax? What's that?"

Elendril said.

Xinyan dug into Elendril's pouch, and pulled out the small brick. 

"You placed your finger on it, and then boom! It turned into a dragon!"

Yang Mi glowed in excitement.

"Hey, show us!"

Elendril was shocked.

"How... How did you find out?"

Xinyan looked at him.

"You were the one who showed me? When I rescued you from the tree, you even carried me back to the city!"

She pouted.

He had the nerve to piggyback carry her all the way to the city and embarrassed her in the square and the healer's place, and still had the audacity to lie to her?

Worst of all, he gave Yang Mi blackmail on her!

Elendril scratched the back of his head and sighed.

"Damn it, I knew sleepwalking was going to get me one of those days."

He cupped his fists and bowed from his spot.

"Then I'm sorry for suspecting you. It's just a habit, you see. My father told me to never let anyone know of Sylvanax. Since you are my saviors, I humbly request that you forgive me."

Yang Mi and Xinyan were taken aback.

Even though he had such drab clothes and was bowing from a seated position, he looked so good!

Xinyan in particular was flustered.

He was too close! Too close!

She moved back in a hurry.

Elendril noticed this and made sad puppy eyes.

"I'm sorry, did that scare you?"

Xinyan waved her hands in denial.

"No, no, it's okay! So tell me about Sylvanax, haha!"

Elendril nodded.

He took the brick and injected some of his mana into it.

From there, the brick unfolded into a magnificent earth dragon!

Yang Mi's mouth was open so wide a fly could fly inside.

"So basically, Sylvanax uses mana to function. I give her about 30 mana points each time, which is enough for her to function for several hours. She can make some basic noises-"

Coo!

Elendril laughed and beckoned Sylvanax over.

She landed onto his hand.

He began to gently stroke her spine.

He gazed lovingly at Sylvanax.

"Originally, I had only intended to remake a dragon that I saw in an epic I read. It was about the Great Dragon who fought the Sword Knight when he was young."

Elendril gazed at the window wistfully.

"Back then, I was only... eight? I could barely use magic, but it was not anywhere precise enough to shape a dragon. So I labored, for several days, to shape a dragon with my own hands. I put all my mana into making sure the earth would not move each day, so I would not have to restart anew."

"I was struggling very hard, but then I heard from my father that Blacksmith Sandy could make anything. So I went to his smithy! And I waited in the corner for a whole day, until he finally noticed me. I asked, 'Help me make a dragon!' Sandy only told me when I was much older that he only did it because I had waited so diligently in the corner."

"After a week, I came back, and Sandy had carved Sylvanax into the beautiful dragon she is today. But that was only a shell of her now."

"I brought back the magnificent statue, and I knew I could not stand if anything happened to her! So I placed her statue by the windowsill, and I even made a little earth enclosure around it. Because my magic had improved after trying to hard to make the statue, it wasn't too hard."

The girls were enraptured by his story.

"The next day, however, I woke up, and looked at the window. But Sylvanax was not there!"

He paused.

Xinyan was almost dying of suspense!

"Instead, she had appeared at the foot of my bed, peering mysteriously at me. The blue, flaming eyes were enrapturing! The majesty of her body and the aura that she exuded was utterly fascinating! I peered into her eyes for an eternity, but I could not understand them. All I knew was that from that day on, Sylvanax would be with me forever. And from that day on, Sylvanax was truly born."

Xinyan wiped tears from her eyes.

It was such a moving story!

"And there you have it. As of today, only five people know of Sylvanax: my father, my brother, Sandy, and the two of you."

Xinyan nodded.

She glanced at Yang Mi.

Xinyan and Yang Mi knew something was more important.

Expression package!

They needed to make Elendril do all the expressions so they could use him as emotes for their use!

They both looked back at Elendril.

Elendril began to feel uneasy.

With a devilish laugh, the two of them closed in on him.

"Elendril, since we saved you, you'll do us a favor, right? So please sit still like a good boy and let sister Xinyan and Yang Mi take care of you..."

Elendril knew that normally, when two girls approached one on a bed, it was usually a good thing.

So why did he feel chills up his spine now?

1