Ch. 202 – A True Master of Chi
110 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"M-Master Oogway!" Seeing the familiar turtle in front of him, Mantis teared up, feeling glad that he was saved and his saviour was none other than Master Oogway himself!

"Mantis....You still look small." Master Oogway gave him a grandfatherly smile after commenting, though Mantis didn't care about the comment.

"Master Oogway...Master S-Shifu is..." Mantis teared up once again but this time, it wasn't happiness but the opposite.

"Yes, so I have felt." Master Oogway also cast a sad face before recovering. Although the death of his last and most favourite student affected him greatly. But his age speaks of his strength. It didn't take long for Master Oogway to move on and carry on his life.

"Are you two done talking?" Hearing Malphas's gritting words, Master Oogway chuckled softly and pointed his Jade cane towards the servant of Satan.

"You must learn to respect when someone is talking." With those words, Master Oogway softly tapped the tip of his Jade cane on Malphas's chest.

Feeling no threat to it, Malphas simply allowed it to happen. Unfortunately, this would become his biggest mistake.

*Swooosh!*

Without any shockwaves or dramatic effects, a soft glow of golden light travelled throughout Malphas's body, starting from his chest similar to a single drop in the ocean.

*Boom!*

Malphas's chest suddenly caved in as if a basketball sized boulder was smashed against his chest.

"Kaaaahhkkk!" Malphas spits out a mouthful of dark red blood before he is thrown back and smashed against a pillar.

'W-what is this power?' Malphas was surprised very much, feeling the aftermath of a single tap from Master Oogway's Jade cane.

'According to the memories of Shifu after devouring his soul, this man is his master. If so, why can't I feel any threat or strength from his body?' Malphas gulped his saliva hard while assessing Master Oogway's calm figure.

Meanwhile, Master Oogway was also assessing his opponent.

'He's weird, he's a bit different from the demons I encountered years ago.' Scratching his chin, Master Oogway watched as Malphas stood back up and pointed his finger at him.

"You're dead to me, you old turtle!" Hearing the insult mixed with a growl, Master Oogway chuckled and replied.

"Hoho, you stole my line." Finishing those words, Master Oogway quickly twirled his Jade cane to deflect the surprise attack from Malphas.

'He could react to my speed? B-but how!?' Malphas shockingly said to himself, not knowing why his opponent was this strong.

Should he really stop holding back for a mere turtle? To Malphas, that felt like a huge stab on his back. He wouldn't mind if his opponent is another devil like him or an angel but using his entire strength for a mere creation who is probably like an infant if they base their age with each other.

"Did you forget to eat your breakfast? Your arms are quite flail." Of course, how could Master Oogway miss the chance to diss his opponent. This is what he used to do when he's still walking on his path to greatness or in other words, when he's still a youth.

"Raaarrrgghhh!" Hearing the insult coming from a 'low-life', Malphas grew very angry and finally decided to push his pride aside and as long as he could kill the old turtle, his pride would recover just fine.

Conjuring Hell Flames and covering his hands, Malphas clenched it into fists before throwing several punches coated with Hell Flames towards Master Oogway.

"Kids shouldn't play with fire." Twirling his Jade cane very fast, Master Oogway then finished it with a loud slamming of the Jade cane's butt on the ground, causing a golden wave of chi to spread out and pass through everything.

Nothing changed around even after the chi wave but the only thing that changed was that the Hell Flames on Malphas's hands were nowhere to be found.

As if they were extinguished by water.

Shocked at the sudden turn of events, Malphas failed to notice the Yin-Yang symbol of the Jade cane coming in to slap his face.

*Boom!*

Not expecting the attack, saliva mixed with blood flew out of his mouth before falling down on the ground.

*Thud!*

Twirling his Jade cane again, Master Oogway entered into a stance.

Not because of the fallen Malphas on the ground but because of the devils that have just arrived at the Jade Palace.

"These devils are getting quite annoying." Master Oogway said to himself while watching as one of the devils first approached him and thought of striking Master Oogway.

"Skreeeee!" With a weird hissing sound, Master Oogway simply used his palm and blocked claw strike coming from the devil imp.

Counter-attacking with a slap of his Jade cane, Master Oogway watched as more and more devils started to flood, inside the Jade Palace.

"Master Oogway!" Seeing so many devils that gave the Furious Five a very hard time, Mantis worriedly looked at Master Oogway and tried to stand up so he could help. Unfortunately, this movement remained under the eyes of Master Oogway as the old turtle stopped him in time.

"Let me be and stay down, Mantis! Today, I'll show you what a True Master of Chi can do!" With a loud declaration, Master Oogway used his Jade cane to write something in the air.

Seeing the Chinese characters in the air, Mantis's mouth was agape. How come this isn't the same chin that he saw on Po when he's practicing chi?

After finishing his chinese character work, Master Oogway gave the devils one last glance before pushing the chinese character he wrote in the air.

*Woooomm!*

With a reverberating sound, Mantis watched as the chinese character starts to glow more and shake madly as it pushes itself towards the crowd of devils.

"Hope you like my gift." Master Oogway simply muttered before watching a curious devil that tried to touch the glowing chi in the air in which from the on, a quote 'Curiousity Kills the Devil.'

*Swooosh?*

The finger that the curious devil used to touch the glowing chi suddenly started to turn into ashes and was blown away by the strong wind.

Squinting his eyes at this, Mantis could finally read what the Chinese Character meant!

Decimation!

Such a strong word and its effect contributing to it makes Mantis scared of such chi technique.

'Is this something that Po can do in the future?' Mantis wondered to himself and decided to keep it that way.

Watching their comrade die, the other devils started to back off from the Chinese character as if they had just seen a devil despite being a devil themselves.

"Don't be shy, red imps." With a slight push of his arm, the allow moving of the Chinese character moved even faster and has now passed through three unsuspecting devils.

*Swooosh!* x3

Without any word or reaction, the three unfortunate devils turned into ashes as if a mad titan had snapped his fingers.

And soon, the other devils quickly followed and the Chinese character passed through their bodies, effectively killing all of them.

Seeing such a situation being resolved just like that, Mantis can finally see why Master Shifu blindly follows his path.

Not only because Master Oogway is strong but also because of his seemingly infinite wisdom.

Will the Furious Five become like him someday?

Suddenly, Mantis's eyes widened as he remembered his companion's states earlier.

"M-Master Oogway! The Valley of Peace! Po and the others, I'm afraid they cannot handle these creatures! Please! Help them!" Mantis used his stick-like body to crawl towards Master Oogway and begged to save his friends' lives.

"Little one, you can rest easy. I'm not the only one who is here to help." Master Oogway mysteriously smiled before looking at the far Valley of Peace.

"She has returned." He muttered.

***

[10 minutes ago just as Master Oogway appeared.]

Seeing Mantis running away with Viper, Po sighed in relief, although every Furious Five is his friend, but Viper holds a special place in his heart.

"Looking out for your friend? Heh, I'm sure they'll be dead in no time." Meanwhile, his devil opponent saw the look on Po's face and couldn't help but instil despair into him.

"You're wrong! Master Shifu would be there to protect them!" Po glared at the devil and said. Although he was worried as several devils gave chase after Mantis and Viper but after remembering Master Shifu's presence in the Jade Palace, his worries eased a lot.

"Hm." The devil didn't reply any more. He can sense Malphas, their leader for this attack, is inside the Jade Palace and has probably already killed their Master Shifu.

However, he doesn't want to spill the beans yet, after seeing the hopeful look splashed on Po's face, the devil wanted to use this growing hope and turn it into the worst despair once he discovers that his Master is dead and so will his friends be too.

"Hhaaah!" Sneaking in a punch towards the devil, Po smiled after seeing his fist connecting on the devi's cheek, albeit the smile only lasted a second after the devil stood still in his place like a statue before responding with a similar response, though much stronger than Po's punch.

*Boom!*

Thankfully, despite having a fat constitution, Po is still flexible enough to dodge the punch and tries to sweep his legs off on the ground to make his opponent fall down on the ground, only to fail once his sweeping kick fails to budge the devil's legs.

"That's it? Just as I expected from a panda." The devil sneered before grabbing the foot that Po used to sweep his feet before throwing him away from him.

*Boom!*

"Haahh!" Looking at Po's miserable state, the devil decided to finish this and was about to deliver the final punch when a paw suddenly covered his vision and grabbed his entire face.

"That's enough of you today, devil."

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

.

.

.

[Next Chapter: Ch. 203 - The Devil Repellant]

2