Ch. 1 – Death is the beginning of a journey
3.3k 10 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Hey, y'all, its ya boy, SlimeSage. Anyways, this is my new fanfic and I have a few warnings to you before reading this...

• It has a system, Template System. So, if you're not a fan of systems and such, you're welcome to leave.

• There's a possibility of this fanfic being a harem. Keyword 'possibility' so it's not yet confirmed but there's a high chance.

• It would be a bit slow paced. So, the main character would not be that strong at the start.

• There would be a name change for every template he unlocks.

That's all!]

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-|

"Tell me, little one. How was your day?" 

A single lit candle was the only thing that illuminates the dark room where a man in his forties was lying on the bed, while asking the teen in front of him.

"...Fine." The teen answered with a hint of contempt.

Meanwhile, the man on the bed looked very malnourished as if he had not eaten anything for months.

"I'm glad." The man replied before silence ensued around the room.

"Why didn't you tell me?" The silence was then broken by the teen.

"Tell you what?" The man feigned ignorance, acting as though he had no knowledge of the subject the teenager mentioned.

"That I'm adopted!" The teen lashes out at him with tears in his eyes.

"Ahh! I see. There's actually no reason for me to adopt you back then however, when I first heard your cry, something snapped inside of me." The man weakly narrated.

"I don't know what to do at first. After all, I only found you lying on the street with just a single quilt protecting your frail body." 

"I don't know what came over me, so I decided to put you in my arms and the moment my eyes laid on yours, I knew that you were something." 

"And guess what, I was right! You were so smart that you managed to beat Magnus Carlsen in chess at just the age of five. You invented your own Artificial Intelligence at the age of 10. You are a prodigy in everything, Luke. I just felt so lucky to have you come into my life." Right at this moment, the man's voice got weaker and weaker to the point that the words coming out of his mouth became a whisper.

"The only thing that I regretted was not giving you a mother figure to rely on. I tried, Luke. I really tried but no woman in this world seems to like me. I tried to chase after the ugly ones but even they are not interested in me." The man shook his head and said, making the teenager with puffy eyes, chuckle a bit.

"Promise me one thing, Luke." The man then raised his for Luke to reach and grab.

"You'll always be a good person. Don't let what the others get through you. This world needs you more than anyone, don't forget that." The man gave Luke a weak smile as Luke felt that the strength of the man was slowly losing.

"I wish I had more time in this world. So, I could see you grow up and become a good man." That was the man's last words before the light on his eyes disappeared.

"AND CUT! Good Job!" 

Suddenly, the entire room was illuminated with light and countless people started clapping their hands.

'Luke' smiled and wiped the tears on his eyes while the man who was supposed to be dead earlier, opened his eyes and got up from the bed.

"That'll be the end of the shooting for today, everyone! Get some good rest and we'll finish the last part tomorrow." A man with a blue cap on his head clapped his hands while speaking loudly so the people around him could hear him.

"Sam, that was some good tears you got there." The man in his forties who acted to be dead on the bed earlier patted 'Luke' or now known as Sam, on the shoulders.

"W-well, it's my first time in the industry and I really tried my best." Sam scratched the back of his head and embarrassingly said.

"Well, with that kind of acting, I really hoped you'd invest more on Drama movies instead of Action movies." The man said with a slight regret on his face.

"Although Drama films are also good but It's my dream to become an action star. Yesterday, I just booked some Kung-Fu lessons and I think my lessons will start today." Sam said with a toothy grin on his face.

"That's good! I'll be rooting for you. If you ever change your mind and want to become a drama star instead, you can call me, I'll recommend you to a few directors that will definitely like you." The man then handed him a business card and left a few words before leaving.

"Thank you, Mr. Hanks!" Sam gave his gratitude to Tom as he also departed from the studio.

***

Sam hailed a taxi cab while calling his manager with his phone. His phone rang as the taxi cub arrived and he went in.

*Ring!* x3

*Ring!* x3

"Why isn't he picking up?" Sam tapped his foot on the floor of the taxi cab as he kept on calling his manager.

[Hello?]

"Finally! I've been-." Sam sighed in relief and was about to speak when he was interrupted.

[Just kidding! This is just a recorded voice email, I think I'm busy right now, considering that this voice email appeared, so just leave a message.] 

Meanwhile, Sam's face twitched in annoyance. However, he still left a voice message.

"I just finished my shooting and I'm on my way back home. I just wanna call you up to ask if you're alright, after all, you didn't attend this day's shooting like you always do." 

After leaving a few more words, Sam finally finished the voice message and sent it to his manager.

"Tough day, huh?" The taxi driver spoke suddenly, startling Sam a little bit.

"Y-yeah, but I'll manage." Sam replied and the taxi driver didn't respond after that.

The rest of the ride was quiet until he finally reached his destination.

Sam paid for the fare however, the taxi driver surprisingly rejected him.

"You don't have to pay me, child. Let's have a talk." Suddenly, the taxi driver removed his cap, which gave Sam a good view of the man's face.

"Morgan Freeman?" Sam uttered shockingly.

"Always has been." Morgan Freeman chuckled at seeing Sam's reaction.

Sam thought that he was hallucinating so he scrubbed his eyes and when he opened them again, he was shocked once again when he saw that his surroundings had changed from the interior of the taxi to a white surroundings.

"W-where am I?" Sam gulped in fear as countless thoughts were running up on his mind.

"Take a seat." Morgan Freeman, now wearing a full white body suit, was sitting behind a desk while gesturing for Sam to sit on the chair in front of him.

"D-did you drug me?" This was the first thought that Sam uttered as this is the only possibility why he is seeing all these hallucinations.

"No, it's not a drug, kid. Have a seat first and I'll explain everything."

Sam being said for the second time, Sam followed his words and sat on the chair in front of Morgan Freeman.

"What's going on?" Sam took the initiative to start the chat.

"Nothing personal. You see, I already gave 2 guys an opportunity to make a change like Bruce Nolan and Evan Baxter. So, I decided, why not finish what I started with a 3rd one?" Morgan Freeman answered Sam's questions.

"Y-You're God?" From the info that he got from Morgan Freeman's mouth, made him remember two certain movies that he used to watch.

Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty.

Then, does that mean he will become the Sam Almighty?

"Well, you can be if you want, I'm not stopping you." Morgan Freeman said with a smile.

"Yeah, but uhmm. Why am I here exactly?" Sam scratched his head and went to the point.

"I-I mean, I'm sure there are other guys out there that are more worthy, right?" Sam seemed to be unconfident on himself. He's just your daily average guy who has dreams and passion, nothing special. His parents aren't dead, he doesn't have any dog that was killed by a son of a Mafia, nor does he have a special blood or capability that made him wanted by the governments.

"I am not Odin, son. I don't choose whether someone is worthy or not. I chose you because you were the first guy to answer my question back in the taxi." 

"Oh." Sam was disappointed a bit, just when he thought that he's finally someone special some being a hidden son of God or something. 

"Don't be disappointed, son. There's nothing special in the entire Multiverse, humans just created them so they could feel more unique than the others. In my eyes, all humans are equal and the same."

"However, unlike them, you have a chance to be special." God said, pointing his finger at him.

"Me?" Sam pointed at himself and asked.

"Yes. What do you think about being my angel?"

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

90