Ch. 26 Dialogue
122 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wa, wa, wawawaa――――!!"

Marking a speed of 200 km/h, the "Golden King's Iron Horse" races towards the point where they sensed the magical energy.

A new sidecar has been added, carrying Jeanne d'Arc. With a total of four people, it's quite a large group, but the bike is an Noble Phantasm, so there's no problem.

"Why are you making such a pathetic sound! You should have received most of the knowledge when you were summoned! What's there to be surprised about a mere bike! But still, you're in the Ruler class, huh!"

"I-It's because there are certain circumstances and I'm not fully aware of myself as a Servant!"

"Don't talk! You'll bite your tongue!!"

"But you were the one who started the conversation, weren't you!? A horse at this speed is――!!"

"Jeanne-san, hold on tight!"

"You'll get used to it! If you get used to it, you'll be fine!"

"You guys are really strong! I feel like my consciousness is about to fly away――!"

"Keep your consciousness and don't fall asleep! If you fall asleep here, you'll be thrown off!"

"No way――――!!!"

My machine races straight through the plains, leaving even the Saint's cries behind.

"By the way, that's right! Doctor!"

"'What is it! It's extremely difficult to observe, you know! Can't you go easy on me!?'"

"As soon as we reach the magical energy, make sure to tell them precisely why this place is a Singularity! Also, prepare the necessary supplies!"

"'Why are you suddenly giving orders!? Do you have something to do!?'"

"It's just a trivial matter! I'm leaving my seat!"

Yes, for some reason, I feel like there's something I must do.

A certain "preparation," that's what this vessel is thinking about...

"'At this speed, it won't take even 10 minutes! Gil, be careful!'"

"Of course! Don't underestimate me as a Rider!"

"'By the way, now that I think about it, why do you have the aptitude for a Rider!?'"

"Don't ask foolish questions! The reason why I'm a Rider is obvious! It's because I'm the greatest king who sits on the throne――――!!!"

"'What's that supposed to mean――――!!?'"

I see, he probably likened sitting on the throne to being a Rider. A Rider who sits on a throne...

I understand now, there's no reason this vessel shouldn't be a Rider.

The Gil Gil Machine accelerates with full throttle, reaching its top speed, and heads straight into the forest.

With the self-defense weapons equipped on the machine, they sweep away the enemies gathered around the magical energy and successfully secure the leyline.

***

Consciousness returns to Jeanne, who was in a daze, and she lightly pats her cheeks to wake up. Then, she instructs Mash and the Master to discuss their plans and establishes a summoning circle.

With this, Chaldea's Servants and supply materials will be able to arrive, establishing a somewhat secure environment and a base.

The supplied materials are of the highest quality, including sleeping bags, portable showers, and even Emiya's home-cooked meals as special treatment.

...I thought Jeanne, whose eyes flickered in black and white, was cute. I'll keep it a secret.

Now, as for myself, I'm searching for a suitable "leyline" away from everyone.

"Hmm... This area should do."

"'What are you doing? Aren't you interested in Emiya's cooking?'"

"Let my portion go to Mash and the Master. I need some rest, even just a little. The journey ahead is long."

Reaching out to the golden ripple, I pick up a certain container.

"'Isn't that the Holy Grail!?'"

"Quiet. Don't make a fuss in my ear. Don't worry, 'yet,' this not activated."

I forcefully thrust the grail into the ground.

"'What are you really doing?'"

"This is a 'receptor.' It's used to absorb the Singularities created by the Holy Grail."

"'To absorb... Singularities?'"

"Yes, when the Singularities are corrected, this place will likely disappear. It's like a container overflowing with its contents."

Will the Singularities disappear completely, as if they never existed?

...No, there will surely be something that remains. Something I must obtain.

My vessel and soul tell me to "prepare" for something critical.

I still can't see what it is, but...

"I'll use this vessel to receive everything. I will convert all the magical energy that constructed the Singularities."

In other words, I've set up a receptacle to catch any overflowing resources.

"If successful, it will become an enormous magic reactor. The Holy Grail filled with the earnest wishes of everyone. I will create a 'reserve' that can sustain my full power."

――Is it something meant to be directed at someone?

"'You can actually accumulate magical energy!?'"

"Of course. Liberating my power requires having a reserve. I don't spare any expenses, but I'm fundamentally a man who accumulates."

"'I see... Since I met you, I've been constantly amazed.'"

"Indeed. The true intention of a king is not easily discernible. I am the most carefree king in this world!"

"'I'll just take it without denying everything, and accept it honestly. Carefree king, why don't you take a break? Aren't you overworking yourself?'"

Roman's kindness touches me. He's a good person, to take the trouble to contact me.

"Well, you're all doing well. So, I'll fulfill my duty until the end. - Let the staff take a nap, including you. Don't leave any lingering grievances due to overwork."

"'I'm fine. I was napping just now!'"

"Good, then you'll be in charge of the late-night maintenance."

"'A snap decision!? Will I get a late-night allowance...?'"

"Go negotiate directly with Marie."

"'I doubt she'll give it to me, damn it! Fine! As long as I have sweet red bean paste and coarse red bean paste, I'm happy!'"

"Such modest happiness."

――The lighthearted banter feels pleasant to my ears.

――The night deepens.

***

On a night when everyone was asleep, there was something I just had to ask.

"Country girl," I call out to Jeanne.

"'Yes, good evening, King of Heroes. Staying up late, are we?'"

"Yes, there's something I want to ask before going to bed."

I apologize, King of Heroes, for involving you in my personal matters.

Nevertheless, there was something I had to know. I just had to.

"Why... Why didn't you harbor any resentment?"

"'Huh?'"

"Why didn't you, despite being betrayed, scorned, abandoned, denigrated, humiliated, and even set on fire...? Why didn't you resent those who were once your allies and those you wished to protect, and still held on to your prayers?"

I had to know. What drove you to do so?

The Jeanne of the Singularities is their Jeanne. I shouldn't interfere.

So, I ask Chaldea's Jeanne.

"Give me an answer."

"'What? Is that what this is about?'"

She clears her throat and responds, "'Because it's the life I chose and the life I desired.'"

"..."

"'The beginning was a revelation, but everything that followed, including destruction, was the path I chose, the outcome I desired.'"

"'I carried the banner to save someone, and I fought to save others.'"

"'Even if the end is not beautiful, I was fine with it.'"

"'The France I wanted to protect led to a distant future.'"

She stood up to protect France.

And that France left its name in the most advanced future.

So, Jeanne says it's okay. She could connect what she wanted to protect to the future, even if it resulted in her own demise.

"You're incredibly tenacious. Are you a fortress or something?"

"'Is that so? I'm sure you can do it too.'"

"Huh?"

"'Find what you want to protect. Protect it with everything you have.'"

"Ah, stop asking me pointless questions, country girl. ...No, is it Jeanne?"

"'It's Jeanne d'Arc! Jeanne d'Arc!'"

"Enough noise! The conversation is over, go to sleep!"

"I've set up the summoning circle, be prepared to use it as a convenient absolute defense!"

"'I will, goodnight!'"

Click, the communication is cut off.

"Really, what a noisy girl... Her upbringing is showing."

"Now then, should I go to sleep?"

The last words felt like they were spoken to my soul.

***

 

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

 

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

 

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

 

 

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.

6