Ch. 28 Definition
90 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haa..."

Upon arriving at La Charité, i park the bike at the entrance.

"I will wait here. Gather as much useful information as possible. Use your legs to earn it. Understood?"

"Yes!"

"I will wait here too... um, my current state might cause confusion."

"Got it! Wait for me!"

"Leave Master's protection to me, King of Heroes."

"Yes, then go. Call for me if anything happens."

Master takes Mash's hand and heads towards the town.

It feels heartwarming, like sisters... that's how they felt.

"Fuh, even in a battle for human survival, one must not forget pleasure. Smiles are important."

I relax and look up at the sky.

The vast sky, white clouds. A boundless blue that seems to stretch on forever.

――Comforting.

I smell of soil. The sensation of stepping on it. The feeling of strength.

――Nostalgic.

The world spreading out endlessly. I tread on it and gaze at the scenery.

Leaning on the bike, i squint my eyes.

"It may be a familiar sight, but it has a slightly different appearance."

――Feeling the world with my whole body is comforting.

The wind brushing through my hair, the scent of straw, the bustle of the town.

The cries of animals, the chirping of birds, the murmur of rivers, the rustling of the forest.

――All of that accumulates as an invaluable experience within my soul.

I reach out and quietly savor what seems within my grasp.

――Among my reincarnations, the first scenery i saw was a burned town. It was the beginning of a journey where nothing was familiar.

If i could see such a view... i might not mind reincarnation.

"You're a traveler too, aren't you?"

Without turning, i listen to Jeanne's words next to me.

"You are the King of Heroes. Yet, your way of being somehow feels innocent."

"I am innocent... I guess that's true."

I lean further back and take out a bottle of wine from my treasures.

"I never thought I'd be babysitting... Haha, they are quite troublesome creatures."

"Babysitting?"

"Yes. I am an observer of humanity."

I take a sip from the wine.

Its taste is bitter and sweet, shaking my soul with a rich, mellow fragrance.

"It is my duty to protect this planet. That's why I observe and had no intention of intervening, but..."

"Do you want some?," i ask Jeanne, who politely declines.

"My form of protection is not peaceful. It's like a storm that blows humans away and reprimands them. Humans are creatures who won't show their worth without trials, lazy and unmoving until they are spurred on."

"It's exasperating. Even after 4,600 years, humanity remains utterly lazy and fails to demonstrate its worth. - The time of judgment has not yet come."

I swirl the glass and look up at the sky.

"The ones who don't show worth, yet create valuable things, and the paths they take, the fabrics they weave... Those are what I find pleasure in."

――Whom are those words addressed to?

"But... someone has incinerated all of those from the side."

I grip the glass tightly, my hand exerting strength.

"Human Order Incineration... I will hear about it from them. Humans were all burned away by a certain mongrel."

"Yes. The only humans left are the personnel at Chaldea."

"Oh. I find it displeasing."

With a firm grip, i squeeze the glass.

"I don't care what kind of ending humans will reach. They may indulge in prosperity or embrace their destruction; either way, it doesn't matter to me."

"But... there's one thing I won't allow. I absolutely won't permit anyone else, except for me, to make decisions about everything on this Earth."

"Regardless of what it is, if something is at the root of humanity's destruction, it's 'love'."

――Love

Love causes the destruction of humans?

"Yes, those who bear animosity towards humanity are not driven by malice. At most, only one person is harmed by hatred."

"What destroys humanity is nothing other than something that seeks to 'improve humanity'."

――Love

Love... a feeling that didn't exist in my previous life, something i didn't seek.

Is the feeling of caring for someone capable of destroying the world...?

"It seems you don't understand. That's fine. What I see is something that no one else can comprehend."

Haha, i laughs. My eyes narrow as if i can see far into the distance.

"Fact is, I am lending my power to those who punish those who rampage in my garden. That's the simple explanation."

I drink up and toss the glass aside.

"Fortunately, the people from Chaldea were undoubtedly 'good people.' That mongrel named Lev spared me the trouble of thinning them out."

"Individuals who have the qualifications to be governed by me, who save the world - I have no use for 'mongrels' who harm those who have survived the hell. In that regard, the people of Chaldea have potential, and those without were eliminated. That's all there is to it."

"...You... have favorable feelings towards the Master, Mash, and everyone from Chaldea, don't you?"

"The reason I'm doing all this is because I'm 'in a surprisingly good mood.'"

I laughs. There won't be another chance like this, either.

"To witness struggling figures is impressive. Whether it's a journey around human order or a journey of self-improvement."

"I'm a person who doesn't spare any expense for my own pleasure. As long as it amuses me, I won't hesitate to invest or spend."

I lies on the bike, looking delighted.

I somehow understand.

Observing humans, assessing humans, and sometimes protecting them, believing in a radiant future.

This king is... this arrogant and insolent king is... loving humans. It's hard to comprehend, but...

...I feel that my soul has been taught by this vessel once again.

"For their own pleasure, they save humans - indeed, you are on a distant high."

"Are you disillusioned? You realized that your original selves are inhuman."

"No... that's not it."

"...I guess it's still a difficult topic for a country girl. A woman who hasn't experienced romance and has reached Strength B by waving her flag."

"Wha-!"

Jeanne's face turns bright red.

――Even though i said it was a monologue.

I feel like the vessel taught me about my soul, my way of being.

――First, establish myself.

Everything starts from there...

I felt as if i were told that.

"Alright, the pastime is over."

I touch my chin with a snap.

"It seems an uninvited guest has arrived."

"――That's...!"

The sky is filled with Wyverns.

Five shadows are flying at the forefront.

At the center... stands a black, holy woman.

***

 

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

 

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

 

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

 

 

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.

6