Ch. 30 Struggle
303 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Berserkers... Servants who have been bestowed with Madness Enhancement and transformed into embodiments of ferocity come charging.

 

"Marie, try to identify the Servants' true names. I'll buy some time for you."

 

"'Understood. Good luck! I'll give it my all!'"

 

Spears, swords, energy waves, and miracles.

 

Peerless techniques that have reached the pinnacle of excellence are all directed at oneself.

 

Parrying swords with the halberd.

 

"'I still don't have enough information on that Servant...!'"

 

"I see. I will handle it from here. Keep searching and narrow down the search based on the aspect of a knight resembling a white lily."

 

Creating distance, releasing the sword's point.

 

Constantly assaulting spears, the shifting body, numerous stakes assail this vessel as an offering.

 

"Seeking blood—!!"

 

"How bloodthirsty."

 

Sweeping away the halberd, casually neutralizing the threat.

 

"'Vlad III—ruler of Wallachia. He was known for his brutal purges of nobles and the impalements he imposed on enemy states, inspiring the model for 'vampires,' the 'Devil.''"

 

"A monster, huh. Such weapons are abundant and hardly worth my attention. Dealing with him will be easy."

 

The spear clashes with the halberd, sparks flying.

 

"Oh, will you reveal my secrets, or will you call me a monster?"

 

"It's the truth. The model for a bloodthirsty vampire."

 

"You...!"

 

Countering the sadistic bullets attacking from outside the field of vision, swinging the halberd and shooting everything down.

 

"You're not worthy of calling me by that name. Don't interfere with my entertainment."

 

"'Vampire, Carmilla. True name Elizabeth Bathory. Known for torturing and killing numerous young girls in Hungary and lusting for their blood, the Blood Countess.'"

 

"A female blood-sucking murderer. How laughable. To think you're even considered a Heroic Spirit. They really went overboard with the cheap imitations."

 

Slashing with the halberd, though it's obstructed by the coffin she possesses. It seems that she doesn't have much strength.

 

"Savagery, huh?"

 

"Women can be overpowered by men, that's fate. Don't be so obstinate, useless woman."

 

"What did you say—!"

 

Repelling the light bullets flying at her back with the shield of the Origin of Bullets.

 

"..."

 

"The Cross Staff... A saintly type. Probably related to Christianity. There should be only one person among those who are venerated who received a staff."

 

"'Saint Martha—'"

 

"It's ridiculous. A saint being used by a witch with her chin. Your worshiped God... Oh, right, your gods were experts at oppression."

 

"Shut up. What are you talking about—?"

 

Mowing down all of them together, blowing them away with one breath.

 

"You can't overwhelm me... The name of the King of Heroes is not just for show."

 

"Annoying, really annoying. That gaze of yours, it's nauseating... like a snake. You're such a nuisance!"

 

"..."

 

"..Tsk..."

 

"Revealing information is like this, huh? Good job, Marie."

 

"'No, I couldn't fully grasp everyone's identities on my own...'"

 

No, that's enough. Thank you, Marie.

 

This much information—the true names of the enemies except for Saber have been identified.

 

The time for observation is over.

 

Yet, he don't plan to finish them off just yet. The decisive battle will happen once they've gathered all their strength.

 

However—this is a battle to protect the city.

 

Let's begin.

 

"Do you know my style?"

 

"'Huh?'"

 

"I didn't say it... Fight efficiently. Leave no aftereffects."

 

Deploying the ripple.

 

"Now, it's our turn next—!"

 

...

 

"Ooohhh!!!"

 

Hatred and fury take form in a wild assault, striking against the shield.

 

"Kuuuhhh!!"

 

"Mash!"

 

The blow is fierce and heavy, causing her to step back step by step. The other side of the shield is engulfed in flames.

 

Even a single step back would result in the Master's back being charred—!!

 

"Die, die, die, die, die!!"

 

The flag is struck down in madness, spewing forth rage.

 

"Kill, kill! That golden one—! I'll kill you first, burn you to ashes—!!!"

 

"Mash!"

 

"I'm... I'm fine! I'll protect the Master—!"

 

"Haaahhh!!"

 

"――!!"

 

The holy flag, bursting out of Mash's shield, is wielded against the hatred.

 

"Zuuuhhh!!"

 

"Aaaahhh!!"

 

The two flags clash—white and black, saint and witch—

 

"Don't get in my way!! I don't care about you—!!"

 

"I won't let you touch my Master—!!"

 

"Yaaahhh!!!"

 

Mash finds an opening and charges, pushing Black Jeanne away.

 

"You're a nuisance—!!!"

 

The crimson flames are unleashed, consuming everything in the vicinity. The flames, representing the embodiment of souls, engulf Mash and Jeanne—!

 

"Burn, blaze—turn to ashes!!"

 

"Master!!"

 

"――Command Spell! Protect Mash and Jeanne—!!"

 

The Master's right hand glows with a red light.

 

"Dieeeee!!"

 

"――Jeanne!!"

 

"Yes! No matter what!!"

 

The shield and the flags, strengthened by the Spirit Origin, stand before the Master, guarding against the dark flames.

 

"Haaahhhh!!"

 

"Yaaahhhh!!"

 

"Don't waste your efforts—!! Useless struggles—!!"

 

The flames—growing stronger and stronger. The flames of slaughter that seem to bring about destruction are about to bring an end—

 

"――――!!"

 

We'll be done for—!!!

 

"――Come! 'Jeanne d'Arc'!!"

 

The space glows blue, connecting with the magical circuits of Chaldea.

 

Appearing is—

 

"I have accepted the summons! Affiliated with Chaldea, I am Jeanne d'Arc!"

 

"Save the two of them—!!"

 

"Yes! O my banner, protect my comrades—!!"

 

Jumping into the flames, she raises the flag high.

 

"――'My God is here—'!!"

 

The flag shines brightly.

 

A miracle here.

 

The brilliance of the flag that protects her comrades from all obstacles.

 

"――You fools!!?"

 

The tale of a true miracle that once inspired troops on the frontline, raised their spirits, and blessed their weapons.

 

Its embodiment—the sanctuary established—

 

"――Mash!――Jeanne—!!"

 

"Haaahhhh!!!"

 

Not only the Master but also the city itself—

 

***

 

What if the enemy outnumbers you?

 

"Nuuhhh—!!"

 

You should prepare wealth that surpasses theirs.

 

What if someone stronger than you appears?

 

"Kuuuhhh...!!"

 

You should prepare treasures that the opponent is weak against.

 

What if your skill is inferior?

 

"Kuuh!"

 

"This...!"

 

You should crush them with thorough caution and overwhelming quality—!

 

The moment Gilgamesh shifted to the offensive, the four Servants were left with no choice but to defend themselves.

 

Numerous "lethal weapons" come flying from the ripple that caught them. These are the armaments that have the worst compatibility as they will shatter the Spirit Core if hit—even a single blow means their exit from the present world.

 

The rain of death that can't allow a single hit to land continues to assault the Berserker Servants.

 

"What's wrong? I haven't even activated ten of my Noble Phantasms? Can't you dodge them properly?"

 

He won't back down either. He won't let a chance to deal with their counterattacks slip away.

 

"You thought we'd do nothing—!!"

 

The halberd is swung about without restraint, thoroughly slashing through Lancer and Assassin.

 

The cannon is aimed at Saber and Rider, and they are strictly restrained from getting close.

 

The enemy, who lost their coordination, is nothing more than a mob. There's nothing to fear.

 

――Then, he will thoroughly incapacitate them.

 

The impact blows away Lancer's right hand.

 

"Guhh—!!"

 

Assassin's mask is shattered.

 

"Tch—!!"

 

Saber and Rider are preoccupied with evasion.

 

"――!!"

 

Facing many opponents is no longer a handicap.

 

"Huhuhuhu!! This is what it means to trample on them!!"

 

――He show no mercy. He will make them retreat no matter what.

 

――This battlefield is now completely under the control of Gilgamesh—

 

...

 

"Haa, haa... haa...!"

 

"――!"

 

Mash and Jeanne breathe heavily.

 

"Are you okay!?"

 

The Master was unharmed. The use of a Command Spell and pushing the protection to its limit proved effective.

 

"――Thank you, everyone, for your hard work!"

 

Jeanne returns to Chaldea.

 

She gazing at Gilgamesh for a moment,

 

"He seems to be fine as well."

 

She smiles and vanishes.

 

"...I can't believe they were able to summon one more... Truly, I'm thoroughly displeased."

 

The black witch thrusts her flag into the ground and spits it out.

 

"...My interest has been diminished. This city—it doesn't matter."

 

Summoning her Wyvern, she leaps onto it.

 

"To your pitiful struggles, I laugh in mockery. You did well. It seems you're only good for that golden one."

 

The Wyvern soars into the sky.

 

"――Goodbye... I will repay you for the courtesy of putting up a false front—!!"

 

And just like that, she disappears from sight... It didn't take long.

 

***

 

"It seems they're finished over there."

 

As the moment to utterly destroy their Spirit Origin arrived, they sense the retreat of the witch Jeanne.

 

"Well, it's a retreat, tails tucked between her legs. Should you run away futilely? Or perhaps... die uselessly here?"

 

"You show mercy, boy...!"

 

"Flee in disgrace. And make sure to tell the young girl."

 

"Get comforted by 'your foster parent,' so to speak."

 

"This humiliation... I won't forget...!"

 

"I won't forgive you... I'll definitely use your Master as nourishment..."

 

Servants disappear one after another as they dematerialize.

 

...It seems the battle has been successfully completed.

 

"I can't believe it! He really didn't back down against the four servant!"

 

"Thank you, King of Heroes... Really."

 

"Don't mention it. Don't worry about it... Anyway,"

 

"Hey, Gil!"

 

"King of Heroes!"

 

"If you want to praise someone, praise them."

 

――The first battle was successfully overcome.

 

In his chest, there was a sense of relief and a slight sense of elation.

 

...

 

"――Lovely, lovely! How lovely it is! Like a hero from a fairy tale!"

 

"There's one really strange person... Are you really going to meet them?"

 

"Of course! I want to talk to them! I want to be friends with them!"

 

"Because... they protected my treasure!"

***

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.

8