Ch. 37 Nostalgia
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Marie went out to gather information in the town, the rest of us decided to wait on the Vimana.

During that time, everyone confirmed the Mystic Code that Olga Marie had developed.

"'Ritsuka, I'll give this to you.'"

Ritsuka received a ring embedded with gems that Olga Marie had sent via transfer.

"What is this?"

"'This is the Chaldea Form Change Ring that my mentor and I developed together. The magic Mystic Code is sealed within the embedded gems.'"

The ring worn on the ring finger had rubies, lapis lazuli, and emeralds embedded in it.

"'Try it on, Ritsuka.'"

"Okay!"

As Ritsuka spoke, her uniform was enveloped in light, transforming instantly into a combat outfit that perfectly adhered to her body.

"Interesting, quite well done. ...Is there no transformation bank?"

"'Jeanne-san and Okita-san suggested it, but... well, it was rejected...'"

What are Jeanne and Okita doing?

"The sound of fabric sticking to the body, the sound of flesh touching. Hmm, that's nice. Inspiration is flowing!'

"Amadeus-san!"

For some reason, the female members seem overly cautious about Amadeus's hearing. Is there a reason for it?

"Transforming gadgets usually have a transformation bank... I'll have to spread this knowledge when I get back."

"Am I like a magical girl or something?"

"Stay away from the magical girl thing; it won't end well."

"'Aren't magical girls good? They're the saviors who rescue girls who can't ride heroes!'"

"So, you're the one who mixed subculture with Chaldea, huh..."

"'N-No, it's not my hobby! Pursuing entertainment!''

"Doctor, we need to talk when we get back."

"'Oh, it's totally a serious tone! Director, save me!'"

"'Magic Mystic Codes currently include the combat outfit you're wearing, the Association uniform, and the Atlas Institute uniform. You can increase your stock through updates. Use them wisely.'"

"Yes, Director! Let's do our best, Mashu!"

"Yes, senpai!"

"'I'm completely being ignored――!? Oh no, at this rate, I'll be a clown!'"

"What else can you expect?"

"'Do I have no allies――!?'"

Roman, everyone knows about your efforts. I know that.

Thank you always... but let's draw the line between personal and professional matters.

"Everyone! Vive La France! Marie, who has finished gathering information, has returned!"

"Fou! (The Queen has returned, stand tall!)"

"Alright, let's hear about the results in the sky. Retrieve Marie! We're heading to Lyon! Now, Vimana, soar through the sky! Commence takeoff!"

"Fou-san, hold on tightly, okay?"

"Fou! (I will protect the Queen.)"

"Hehe, thank you! How about you change your name to Chevalier Fou?"

The Vimana carried its passengers and soared through the piercing sky.

***

"Is that so... Lyon has already..."

It seems that Lyon had been destroyed before we arrived.

"To think that Lyon... was like that."

――My heart aches. If only I... if only we had arrived in time. There could have been something we could do.

"..."

"Raise your head, Master."

"Gil..."

"We don't have time to reflect on sacrifices. We must carry on, striving to avoid further losses. That, too, will serve as a memorial."

"Yes, you're right. We will definitely restore the singularity."

――That's right. I can't keep looking down.

If I don't face forward firmly, I might overlook lives that can be saved.

"Indeed. But there seemed to have been a savior in Lyon!"

"A savior?"

――According to the information I heard, a tall man wielding a large sword was said to have scattered skeletons and monsters.

It seems he fought bravely for a while... but many Servants invaded Lyon.

Outnumbered and cornered, the man disappeared without a trace.

And then... Lyon was invaded and destroyed.

"Most likely. That man was probably a Dragon Slayer. Such a reckless feat of protecting a city can't be done by a Berserker or an anti-hero."

"'Hmm, I wonder if he's safe after being attacked by Servants... Maybe...'"

Being pessimistic won't do any good.

――Saint Martha risked her life to bring us this information. There's no way she would give us useless information.

In any case, I want to recruit the Dragon Slayer as an ally.

"Regardless, we must go and find out. It might be like digging in ruins, but he should be buried somewhere."

"I wonder what kind of person he is... He must be wonderful! Standing shoulder to shoulder with him and everyone, it must be incredible!"

"He seems like someone I can write a majestic song about. Maybe you guys can handle everything without me? I'll stay here and compose music."

――Indeed, it does feel somewhat uncomfortable to send a musician to the frontlines.

"Ha! You're just observing? That's fine, but then make a song praising my valor. You can use 90 sheets of music for a grand and gorgeous composition."

"Alright, I'll do my best! But don't blame me if this epic song kills you!"

――A song praising Gilgamesh, huh... I really want to hear that. It must be an amazing composition.

"Hehehe, when this singularity is over, how about we all sing together? It will be a wonderful way to conclude our journey!"

"What a great idea! Right, King of Heroes?"

"Hohoho, very well! As a reward for your hard work, I shall bestow upon you the honor of witnessing AUO Cast-Off!"

AUO Cast-Off――!? Does king still have that secret?

"W-What's that? I want to see!"

"Look forward to it. It will be the ultimate beauty woven by me! Hahahaha!"

――Time passes with endless smiles.

Eventually, the remnants of Lyon come into view.

――For the sake of Saint Martha, who risked her life to guide us... We must find the Dragon Slayer no matter what.

――I want to use the treasures and try things I've always wanted to do.

***

You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

 

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.

4