33. The True Traitor from That Night…
102 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Even a minute hadn't passed when Mordret realized something was amiss. Not just Rebecca's timing, but the entire situation felt off.
The mimic strangely mirrored its movements according to Mordret's thoughts and vocalized his words from [Obelisk of Mirage].
'Can I control this mimic like a puppeteer? If so, I can confront the beast raid without a scratch on my body!' Mordret entertained the idea of making his mimic fight in his stead. However, his fantasies were short-lived, as memories of his previous attempt with the [Obelisk of Mirage] quickly resurfaced – he had been ejected not long after his essence was drained.
'Well, why didn't the system inform me of this? I need to understand the limitations of this mimic.' While Mordret maintained a pensive facade, an irrepressible smirk crept onto his lips. After all, the notion of leisure while his mimic did the laborious work fascinated him, and to his amusement, the mimic mirrored his sly expression.
Rebecca, who was a bit drunk, was momentarily taken aback by Mordret's peculiar actions. 'Did I just witness that Lord...smile? Am I too drunk to perceive illusions?' Rebecca slapped herself. 'Get a grip, you are an adult now!!'
"Daughter of the chieftess, Rebecca, I did indeed summon you, however," Mordret's mimic comfortably occupied the chair and inquired, "I had summoned you for tomorrow."
Rebecca slightly flinched at Mordret's questioning gaze. "I am aware, my Lord, however, my mind is burdened, and I wish to unburden myself." Observing her expressions, the mimic offered a glass of water from its table to Rebecca, who struggled to contain her emotions. A mix of guilt and anger painted her face pale while she drank the water.
Meanwhile, a multitude of questions swirled in Mordret's mind. 'Have I unwittingly become a counselor too? Why does everyone turn to their Lord in times of trouble?'
"What burdens your heart?" Mordret's mimic fixed an intriguing gaze upon Rebecca.
"Recently… I-I have committed a grave act," Rebecca approached the mimic's seat and knelt. “Initially, I considered carrying this secret to my grave, but my lord, I can bear this burden no longer.” She deeply breathed and confessed, "I apologize, my lord. I have committed grievous sins. I-I have betrayed you."
"Hm?" The mimic's brow twitched at her words. 'What is she talking about?' Mordret wondered.
"Even though my mother had cautioned me, I aided Karen in her treacherous plot to overthrow you and frame you for her kidnapping, my lord," Rebecca admitted, her voice quivering as she spoke. "I don't recall why I did it, but because of my actions, my mother hasn't spoken to me since then."
‘So, she was aware that Karen would be abducted? Ah, now I see the impeccable timing of her arrival on that day.’ Mordret felt a slight sense of relief upon learning about Karen's abduction.
"Ever since she witnessed me poisoning my brother's thoughts against you, my Lord, my mother hasn't left her room! Please, my Lord! I implore you! Persuade my mother to forgive me! I am willing to do anything and accept any punishment you deem fit! Please, please urge her to speak to me! I am willing to--" Rebecca threw herself at Mordret's feet, but he remained stoic in the face of her confession.
"Before we discuss your mother, tell me, where is Karen?" Mordret inquired, recognizing that this revelation could resolve at least one enigma from the black journal.
"That..." Rebecca hesitated, her lip caught between her teeth as she searched for an answer to Mordret's question. "I am unaware of her whereabouts, my lord. I was instructed to report to Jon about Karen's disappearance and then to incite the villagers against you, but I do not know where she is."
"Then, what about the person you collaborated with? How many were involved? And what other plans did you have if this one failed?" Mordret inquired, but he received no response.
Upon not getting any of her response, Mordret's mimic narrowed its eyes. "How should I consider pardoning you when you aren't being cooperative, Rebecca? Is that not a rather self-serving request?" His question rendered her speechless. "First, you attempt to overthrow me, and then when Chieftess Maria severs her ties with you, you come to me seeking forgiveness. Isn't the world rather convenient for you?"
"I swear by the truth, my Lord! My memories of that person, our plans, and everything are shrouded in some kind of veil. Every interaction... it's vanished! Please, believe me!" Rebecca begged.
‘Now, what kind of mess have I gotten myself into?’ Mordret sighed inwardly. ‘This girl, who once tried to stir up trouble between me and the villagers, is now confessing her betrayal. According to her, Karen was abducted as planned, but she can't recall the person involved. Her mother, Maria, supposedly hasn't left her room in days... How can that be? I've personally caused quite a commotion in the village while riding Gunther with her. Is this all some kind of joke to her?’ Mordret vividly recalled every moment he had shared with the chieftess.
‘Chieftess’s ample bosom, that alluring hourglass figure, the fragrance of her perfume, and that intimate connection we shared because of Gunther... I remember it all.’ Mordret's mind dwelled on those memories. ‘There's no doubt it was Maria. Could this girl be too intoxicated to speak sensibly now?’
"You may punish me in any way you see fit, my lord, just please persuade my mother to open her door!" Rebecca, the once arrogant and rebellious daughter, now humbled herself before Mordret, setting aside all of her pride.
Her cries resonated through Mordret's mansion. It was not only disconcerting but also made Mordret uncomfortable to witness such a beautiful woman in tears.
"Rebecca, enough." Mordret finally commanded, his fingers massaging his temples. It was tough for him to concentrate because of Rebecca’s jiggling big breasts.
'Haah. Like mother, like daughter, I guess?' Mordret recalled how Maria had acted similarly on the night she had come to meet him, and Mordret almost chuckled.
'Wait, what?' Suddenly, Mordret froze.
'Wait a moment. The night Maria visited here? When was that? And why did I recall something like that?' As if waking from a fever dream, a veil lifted from Mordret's memory.
'That night… That night when the Chieftess had suddenly come here… something similar occurred.' Mordret sifted through his memories. 'Similar to how Rebecca had come, that night Maria came to visit and claimed someone had betrayed me. Then, she begged for my mercy, revealing that the traitor was her daughter.' Mordret found consistency between the mother and daughter's separate statements.
The two scenes, present and past, intertwined with each other. While Rebecca had not yet fully reached the mature femininity of her mother, she was not far off either.
‘W-what am I thinking right now?’ Mordret questioned his morality as indecent thoughts invaded his mind.
Leaving his lustful thoughts aside, many details remained unexplained. Like, ‘How exactly did Rebecca betray me? What actions had she taken that even made Maria scared enough to apologize on her behalf? What were the specifics of Maria's words about Rebecca? And were there any additional memories or information yet to be revealed?’
‘Haa.. All I can recall right now is that she sought forgiveness…’ Mordret struggled to retrieve the memories, and the veil lifted slightly, but his recollections remained hazy. ‘Maria mentioned that Rebecca and he... they did something wrong... she was willing to do anything to protect…’ While the fog in his mind began to clear, the complete memory still eluded him. However, piece by piece, the fragments of that intricate puzzle started to come together.
But the last scene that emerged before Mordret took him by surprise. "To compensate for the loss, she offered me--"
Mordret's attention was drawn back to Rebecca, who pleaded earnestly. "Please, my lord! Say something!" His eyes widened as he observed the scene unfold before him.
The alluring beauty stripped her clothes slowly. While hiding her breasts with one arm, Rebecca revealed her smooth skin and covered her sacred garden with another in a bashful manner. “Please do whatever you deem right with me, my lord,” Rebecca said with a red face. Swallowing her pride, Rebecca offered herself to Mordret.
‘Maria had done the same… She offered me– herself,’ Finally, the impasse broke, and Mordret recalled the events of that night.
[The Memories of that Night.]
Following Maria's confession about Rebecca's betrayal, she knelt before Mordret and implored him for forgiveness.
“Do whatever you wish to do with me, my lord. Please spare my daughter,” Maria’s long hair cascaded down her smooth jade skin.
Maria's pale complexion and flushed face stood in stark contrast to each other. While she appeared bashful, her actions conveyed a different message altogether. Maria crawled towards Mordret’s seat. After removing the buckle of his pants with her mouth, Maria looked at Mordret and asked, “Shall I serve you, my lord?” Her countenance appeared innocent, yet it concealed a far-from-innocent nature.
Petting her head like a cat, Mordret gestured for Maria to wait. After he was satisfied with petting her, "Do you believe that your daughter's betrayal can be overshadowed by your actions?" Mordret asked her with a smirk, expecting more than just her offer.
Mordret gently held Maria's chin and drew closer, his warm breath tantalizingly close to her face. “Aren’t there many secrets between us that need to be sealed?” Her body quivered, and she tightly closed her eyes in anticipation.
However, moments passed without any action, and Maria finally opened her eyes, only to hear Mordret's stern words, "However, I refuse."
"W-why, my lord? What has come over you?" Maria asked, her expression filled with confusion. "You would’ve punished me for the villagers' misdeeds, so why not now? My daughter is attempting to overthrow you, my daughter-in-law is trying to frame you for indecent behavior... why aren't you punishing me for their actions? After all, they are my family." Maria’s beautiful face was covered in tears.
"Family you say, heh?” Mordret chuckled. “How much longer are you willing to shield them, Maria? They're no longer children, and you know that too. If you persist in this, you might jeopardize the entire village... The village is already in shambles, aren't you content yet?" Mordret’s final words shattered Maria to the core.
"W-what are you implying, my lord?! I mean no harm to the village!" Maria shivered and shouted in her defense.
“I see where your daughter has got her arrogance from.” A muffled laughter echoed in the mansion as Mordret traced his finger over Maria’s bare shoulders.
"You know it too, Maria, don't you? You're no different from them... Your loyalty to me is lukewarm, a mere facade. I seek something greater than your body, mind, and even your soul. I want your trust." Mordret’s hands touched no part of Maria’s naked body, but his presence remained dominant. "Now, that seems like a fair arrangement, doesn't it?" Mordret concluded, putting clothes over Maria’s naked body.
Maria was rendered speechless by Mordret's warm gestures. Her Lord had asked for something she held even dearer than her own body - it was her flaw, her weakness: Trust.
With teary eyes, Maria gazed at Mordret, but what choice did she really have? Perhaps there was still one option. ‘Why did I doubt his character? I have already spilled the milk.’ She felt guilty, but it was too late.
"I wish I had the opportunity to trust you sooner, my Lord," Maria sighed. "I apologize, my lord... it seems I may have placed my trust in the wrong person."
At that moment, an alluring fragrance permeated the closed mansion.
"What is this?" Mordret was puzzled by the sudden mist that filled the room. "What is the meaning of this, MARIA?!" he shouted.
A melancholic smile graced Maria's face. "I have chosen to be a glutton, my lord," she continued, "to atone for the sins of those close to me, I have embraced sin myself."
Thud-
"ELIZA?!" Mordret heard a thud from the corridor, and it was none other than Eliza.
"R-RUN, MY LORD!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, but it was too late.
"There's no point in fleeing, my lord," Maria said. "He is already here. And you will forget all of this anyway. I wish I had reached you before he did. I am truly the worst."
From the door Maria had left ajar, a figure emerged. The last thing Mordret glimpsed was long blonde hair before a hand reached out and captured him.
Fighting against this foreign energy proved challenging, but Mordret made an effort.
Before long, an overwhelming drowsiness enveloped him, and he could no longer resist the urge.
"I apologize, my lord," were Maria's final words before Mordret succumbed to sleep.
2