Sadn’t
7 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My life… was supposed to be joyful…

"I'm sorry kid. Your parents and your brother… Didn't make it." 

The police officer said as she stared at the girl with bandages wrapped around her right arm, and her left eye, leaning her back against a pillow on a nursing bed, sympathetically. 

The young girl's remaining right eye was empty, as if she was staring into the void itself. 

Everything… Was happy... Until.. 

"Hey check it out! I just rolled Hu T*o!" - The boy, slightly older than the girl, said with excitement as he showed the girl his phone. They were on the seats at the back of a car, with their parents at the front, the father is driving while the mother is chatting with him. 

"Hahhh? No fair onii-chan! Why am I the one getting Je*n again? She is C4 now!" 

"Hahaha!!!" 

"The kids seem to be noisy." - The father said with a happy smile. 

"They really are energetic heh." - The mother said as she looked at the view, as they drove on the way in the middle of a big rice field in the countryside in the afternoon. 

Why… why… Why…. 

"WATCH OUT!!!" The mother shouted and she tried to reach for her kids at the back with her arms, while the father tried to turn, the girl, and her brother didn't know anything, the last thing they saw was a truck. 

Why… 

"I am so sorry for your loss, my dear." 

The adults visited her after the accident, all trying to be sympathetic and mourn for her loss. 

"It is alright, you can let us help you handle whatever your father left." 

They don't care about me… They only care about the house… 

"If you want, I can send my daughter there to live with you." 

I don't want to. 

"Why do you reject us?" 

You do not care. 

"Is your left eye okay?" 

Even her classmates… All of them tried to be sympathetic. But they eventually ignored her loss and fled from her. I have no one. 

Yet she endured for months. I just… can't. 

She couldn't take it anymore. The only thing in her mind is to reunite with her family. 

Mom… Dad… Nii… I'll join you soon… 

She took the same usual path back to her home. With the same sadness on her face everyday. 

Despite the heavy rain, she walked slowly without the umbrella, soaking wet. 

Surprisingly, when she returned home, the front door wasn't locked. 

Eh…? Didn't I… … Who cares… it's even better I suppose… Less work for me…

She walked inside the house, didn't care about the potential danger that could have already been inside. 

"..." 

"..."

"I'm home." 

She said, even though knowing no one will respond. She just wanted to make herself known, even if it is to a thief, or to a ghost. 

"Welcome home…" 

Surprisingly, she heard a man's voice, she looked up and saw a man standing beside the door to the living room on the hallway, leaning his back against the wall. 

The man seem to be young, like a high school student, but he isn't, his formal clothes indicated that he worked for a company or mafias. 

But the girl wasn't afraid of anything, she just stood there, staring at the man with her blank right eye. 

"..." 

The man remained silent for a while, then he took his back off the wall. And approached the girl slowly. 

"I am here to kidnap you." 

Kidnappers… Not the thing she expected. But at least… It's still what she wanted. 

The girl stood still.

"...." 

The man stared directly into the eye of the girl, and seemed like he was pissed off because of her reaction. 

"Hmph. You are no fun. I was expecting for more resistant. Or at least questioning." 

".... I don't care." 

"?" 

"Kidnap me… Take my organs and sell… I don't care. I just want to die…" 

"..." 

Both of them remained silent until the man snapped. 

"Tsk." 

But then he smiled. 

"Fufufu…. So you want to die? Too bad… It ain't gonna be that easy."

"Ah…" 

So it's not like her thinking… Most likely she'll be sold to some disgusting old man… The worst thing in this scenario.

 She didn't want it. But something about the man made her feel different… His words weren't masked as a lie like her relatives, or pretending like her classmates. 

"Be ready… I'll make your life a living hell." 

And so he kidnapped the girl. Back to a luxurious hotel room. 

"..." 

The girl stared at the room's interior, everything looks ten times more expensive than her home. 

"What? Never been in a hotel before?"

The man pushes the girl gently inside the room, to the bathroom they go to. 

"Take a shower, here's the towel. There's all kinds of body soap inside, feel free to use, and also leave your clothes in the washing machine next to the door, I'll wash them all by tomorrow." 

"....eh?" 

For the very first time after the accident, the girl has another expression. Confusion. 

"Why are you…" 

"Tsk. Don't get me wrong, you are all soaked wet, what can you even do if you catch a cold? Now go take a shower!" 

"..." 

The girl went inside and took a shower as he ordered. Because the soaps looked so expensive, she tried her best to use the least she needed to. 

It's definitely when I am outside… he'll… 

When she got out, the man was already waiting. 

"...." 

"Tsk." 

"...." 

"Your hair is still wet. Dry them up, wait. Hang on." 

The man looked for something in the wardrobe, it was a hairdryer. 

"..." 

The man dried the hair for the girl, and gently used a comb to fix her messy hair style. 

"...." 

"What? Don't get it wrong, you look so disgraceful with that hair, now come here." 

"...." 

The man put the girl into a seat on the dining table, then he slowly brought out the freshly cooked dishes from the kitchen, deployed them on the table, the types of food she had never seen before… Yet it has a familiar feeling. 

"Now eat up. You cannot do anything without energy right? You looked like you ate instant noodles to live these days, it is bad for your health and put you in a bad shape." 

"...." 

The man sat in and ate, as if he was convincing the girl that the food was safe. She then started to eat. 

"How's my cooking? I've been practicing all day, you better give a honest review!" 

She cried with the food in her mouth.

 "It's… awful…" 

Another shard of herself came back, suffer. 

"But… It's… Delicious…" 

She cried as she tried to chew the terrible tasted food. The food was indeed bad, but it reminded her of a flavor in food that was lost to time, which is care. 

Nostalgia, another shard is back. She remembered the times she had meals with her family as she cried, this is the first time she has cried ever since the accident occurred. 

"..." 

The man sighed, but he still gave the girl tissues and helped her wipe the tears off nonetheless. 

"Cry all you want. But your life will only get worse from now on…"

1