W2 (51)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

The feeling of something continually dropping onto one’s skin was not only bothersome but also itchy and plain annoying especially when you were trying to get a good sleep. A certain brunette on the receiving side couldn’t help but groan in annoyance as he was forced awake by the constant dripping of something cold on his face.

“W-AHHH!!!” Feral’s questioning switched midway to a pitiful bellow when a drop of water dripped right into his eyes causing a drastic pain to run through his optical nerves.

Paws nervously pranced around the fellow anxiously as he groaned while biting his lips in an attempt to swallow the pain.

“Damn it Paws, you trying to blind me or what?” Feral screeched at the white creature who whimpered pitifully in apology. Paws had changed into a furry (dog) and with their recent venture was completely drenched in water.

Ignoring Paws out of minor resentment, Feral took a good chunk of time to process their situation, and looking down at the sandiness on his butt couldn’t be more joyous. He did it!

“Zero, any unforeseen situation?!” Dina asked excitedly, she felt like she gained a whole new experience from this one.

“No. Not only did you cross through the sea, but you managed to somehow put on your bracelet before passing out. As for Paws, he managed to survive on land even with his aqua state before finally waking up to change, which isn’t too surprising considering his identity,” Zero summarized.

“Great! There’s no time to waste the sooner we meet Genad the better!” Feral exclaimed as he called out to Paws who was sulking at a corner.

Paws: -_-

“You gonna do this now? You’re the one who nearly blinded me!” Feral scoffed at the childish behavior which Paws completely ignored as he turned his tail to him with a huff.

“Ughh!!! Fine! Am sorry okay? It just hurt like a bitch then so maybe I was a bit mean but come on, don’t be like this baby,” Feral cooed in an attempt to appease the furry nuisance which did nothing as Paws blatantly refused to turn around leaving him trapped.

He ran his hands through his hair roughly before hooking it right back to his waist with an exasperated huff, just what was he gonna do now? How do you appease annoyed pets?

Dina felt an upcoming headache as she hated conflicts a lot.

“Okay look, before crossing that door,” Feral stated while pointing at the spectacular golden door before them hanging in thin air, “Why don’t we have a little snack and bond for a while? You’ll forgive me then, hm?”

Paws turned softly to see the anxious smile of the dark-haired youth and suddenly felt a lot better, indeed some stimulation was needed to finally get his attention!

***

After getting the approval of the almighty Paws, minutes later they were seated under a mat cloth with a bunch of fruits before them, placed on another mat cloth. The dimensional space wasn’t just a space to keep things, it was also like a magical dimension that paused time for food items which meant food couldn't spoil there, of course, that was different from living things, as they aged even in the seemingly unaging space.

“Want some roasted corn?” Feral asked as he waved the steaming hot corn he had just roasted with some basic fire spell. He suddenly felt the usefulness of mana, if he was any other race as long as fire wasn’t his innate ability he would have never been able to use it.

But as a half-elf with a human bloodline his ability to conjure mana although little was still there allowing him to at least use basic spells such as these.

‘Then again, if not for purchasing that book of spells from Zero I wouldn’t have been able to do any casting, gotta be grateful for that one.’

After taking a huge bite from Feral’s corn Paws' anger seemed to have lessened and in no time they were as close as ever, eating nuts, dried and fresh fruits, and some sugary snacks Feral had somehow wriggled his way into getting during Genad’s sneaky ventures in the human nation.

“Ready now?” Feral asked with a bright smile at the now clingy fellow who intimately rubbed his furry body onto him, “I guess that’s a yes!”

And with that, Feral turned the golden handle on the golden door as they ventured into the next stage.

***

Genad opened his eyes to the direct view of a bright sky which he stared at for a while trying to process what was going on. It seemed this was a solo mission, great, it gave him more time to prepare for the group mission where he would have to face his enemies.

Just as he stood up from his sprawled-out position, a ‘gust of wind’ blew and suddenly he was placed in the intersection of three paths causing him to instantly become alert.

[Trail 2- Battle of the mind;

Rules: Kill or be killed.

“Flaws are what binds all existence as one but the true difference between a great existence and a mere one is who handles theirs better.”

Path 1: Kill your desires or be killed by it.

Path 2: Kill your beloved or be killed by them.

Path 3: Kill yourself or be killed by yourself.]

Genad eyes widened in shock, not from awe of the strange trial but of the line that described the second path. He… had a beloved? What?!

[Meanwhile]

Feral and Paws observed the room of paintings, each painting was randomly categorized with some possessing strange symbols, some a distinct imagery, some an indistinct and blurred image, and others simply a random splash of colors.

As soon as they opened the golden door this was where they had landed, a room filled with paintings and illuminated by burning torches hanging on the walls. They were still studying these odd paintings when the message appeared-

[Hidden stage 2- Picture a tale;

Paintings surround you, untold stories, deep mysteries, and unknown secrets veiled within them. A challenge has been issued- tell the stories within these paintings before the hidden ears that surround thee.]

“Ears? How creepy,” Feral muttered with a frown, “Well, this… will be difficult.”

***

Genad walked through the middle path cautiously with a strange look on his face. Logically, path 3 was the best path for him, a one-time opportunity to fight himself, gauge all his weaknesses, and be set on improving them in the future.

However, even an opportunity like this couldn’t stop his burning curiosity about who could be his ‘beloved’. It couldn’t be his father for even though he was dead set on avenging him, deep down, he never truly loved his father.

It was more out of a twisted combination of wounded ego from watching in helplessness as his father was killed before his eyes and all the challenges he had to face to keep his identity hidden throughout the years.

So it couldn’t be him but if it was him… then it seemed he had a ‘mole’ in his heart that had to be gotten rid of.

Brandishing his mind in preparation for whatever might appear, even then he found himself unprepared for the fellow who stood before him as his ‘beloved’.

Standing amid an open area within a forest surrounded by huge trees Genad felt his ears tingle when he heard a familiar chuckle. His pupils dilated from shock and something else as he watched the gorgeous fellow in front of him.

Laying leisurely on a tree, he had long beautiful black hair that tricked down from the branch he hung on, to the floor, his lovely dark eyes stared at him directly as his perfectly perked-up ears quivered from laughter.

His perfect, kissable lips hooked upwards as if teasing him, and sitting there languidly with the light clothing that blatantly showed almost every corner of his body as if inviting him, Genad felt his body heat up and his lower body tightening up.

His shock grew even more at his body’s reaction and tipped over when his mind brazenly declared its desire for the male. He wanted him, right then and there, several obscene images flashed through his mind and the teasing position of the male flashing the smooth-looking firm skin seemed to invite him even more.

He found himself staring in bewilderment, attraction, and strong desire. How did he never recognize this? When did he… when did his attraction for the male grow to such a degree?

Was it the first time they kissed? The second time? The third? Or the last after he was awed by his steadfastness and endurance even after his problematic switch with his angel side or was it all of them?

“Feral Nathalie Kian, incredible, you won everything without even trying. Aren’t you just impressive? Seems like, you can never leave me now can you?” Genad muttered before chuckling out loud when a call interrupted him.

“Master?” a voice refreshingly calming with a masculine undertone yet possessing a certain feminine charm that only he could produce called out, indeed, the portal replicated everything to the dot, “Are you alright?”

Even the awkward gestures as well as the respectful distance he always gave, drawing a distinct line between them. Genad had never cared before, in fact, he quite liked it, a person who knew their place and didn’t cross the necessary boundary but it became clear to him that he had been delusional.

He stopped liking that distance a long time ago, from the moment his annoyance started being triggered whenever he saw how close Feral was with the guardian, the familiarity, a relationship where there was barely any line drawn unlike theirs… it became clear what he wanted.

Looking at the innocently smiling male he chuckled once more before drawing out his sword,

“I apologize for my hesitation but you look quite a bit like someone I now want to be mine, however, you’re not him but a doppelganger, therefore, I'll have to kill you for daring to use his image,” Genad said with a rare smile filled with bloodlust.

Right now, he felt something different from what he had always felt. He felt light and fluffy, a disgusting feeling he found himself shamelessly loving and even more shameless filled him with anticipation. He had to see Feral now, there was something he needed to do after all.

“Master? Come on… DON’T BE MEAN!” ‘Feral’ exclaimed with his voice sharpening at the end, echoing like a hundred voices elapsing together.

His innocent smile morphed into an unnaturally horrifying smile that spread his cheeks upwards as he approached an unfazed Genad who was still smiling.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make it quick.”

[Meanwhile]

“Zero what does this mean?” Dina asked her cheat as she pieced out the very last painting.

“…this too?”

“Hey am not some genius here ‘kay? You know Feral didn’t attend school because of his island home so the privilege of learning all these symbols wasn’t given!” Dina whined pitifully before Zero finally gave in and helped her.

With the help of both Zero and Paws, she was able to translate the tales these paintings held. She wasn’t quite sure if they were true stories but glancing towards Paws who stared at her adorably she hoped they weren’t because she had seen something quite irksome about him within them.

Clearing his throat to begin, Feral screamed-

“I’ll begin to tell the stories I see here!”

For a while nothing happened and just as he was about to begin anyway, a tremor ran through the room and instantly they were both transported into another space.

Feral looked upwards and felt a heavy pressure as his heartbeat palpitated, they were still in the same room as before but everything had expanded including the paintings, and suddenly before him stood a throne room which had a huge throne placed on it.

On this golden throne that dazzled the surroundings stood a male with long white hair cascading onto the floor. He wore a golden armor with a sheathed sword beside his throne and possessed a pair of powerful eyes with black sclera, red irises, and slit-like golden pupils that stared down at them.

His entire being emitted an ancient aura so great that they felt like puny little ants before a planetary existence.

Both Feral and Paws were on their knees prostrating to the male not on their own but by a sudden force that hit them. Feral felt his blood run cold on seeing even Paws being forced to his knees, it seemed even he had no chance.

“Outsider,” the voice spoke with a thousand echoes sending chills down Feral’s spine, “What do you do in this world?”

Dina didn’t need anyone to spell it out for her to speak and immediately facing Zero for help she was told to answer truthfully.

“I-I-I’ve come for someone,” Dina managed to stammer out shakingly.

“I see. Very well then, fulfill your mission.”

“Huh?”

“TELL THE STORY,” the male said in a powerful tone causing Dina’s head to ring.

“Y-yes! Sir!”

And thus she began the story she'd just interpreted, the true origin story of the Styr kingdom.

***

Long ago, in a world under the threat of destruction because of the constant wars of its inhabitants, an immortal suddenly descended to it. He was like a god sent down to save the poor souls and in a bid to garner peace between the five races he gifted them each a blessing in exchange for an oath to avoid destroying each other no matter what.

Due to his appearance all war within the Styr kingdom stopped and all lived their days in peace. All was fine until something not supposed to happen did.

The elves were beings who just like the angels knew no concept of love, the demons also found that concept obscured with lust and only the humans and gnomes knew and truly understood it.

This was mostly due to their innate habits and style of reproduction, because the angels were holy and saw each other as siblings their love was limited to only a familiar type and since the holy waters had always bathed them the nastier version was never an option.

This was also the same with the elves who were birthed from golden roses which blossomed from the mother tree, with ones possessing the purest to purer bloodline grouped as royalty and nobles and the more tainted ones commoners, they never indulged in such indecent acts and love was a rather obscure topic for them with their only love being just like the angels— familiar love.

Even the demons didn’t understand the concept of love, however, unlike the creatures of light, because they had to mate to give birth so they at least understood the rated version, and due to this most demons interpreted lust as love. Although the possibility of a demon falling in love was very low it was still more possible than either creatures of light.

Only the gnomes and humans could understand what love was, however, one elf proved that truly nothing was impossible.

The then king of elves fell in love with their ‘god’ which they named their immortal helper.

The angel lord was infuriated by such disturbing emotions when the elf king confided it to him, he asked him to get rid of it and speedily ‘fix himself’. The helpless elf not knowing what to do wallowed away in sadness as his desires ate him up.

The demon king, a fiendful fellow who had somehow caught on, promised the elf king a solution much better than the angel lord’s. He wasn’t going to fix it but get what he wanted.

He was given a lotus-scented liquid the color of red which the demon king swore could strip divinity (immortality) and make their god a mortal making it easier for the elf king to capture him as his.

It was evil but extremely tempting and the desperate elf king was forced by his desires to give in.

Now, the elf king, to the envy of the others was the god’s favorite due to his beautiful and unique golden locks holding twines of strawberry within along with pretty peach eyes that sparkled beautifully, mesmerizing all who looked into them.

And so, per his nature, god gifted the elf king a powerful divine beast to the envy of the others.

The elf king loved this beast and deluded himself into thinking it was some type of ‘Love beast’ showing the god’s special love for him, which it was but not in the way he thought and wanted.

But no matter how his love for the beast was it never stopped him from tasting out the medicine on the poor beast stripping it of its divinity, and ability of speech. Guilty but alarmed at the potency, the elf king wasted no time in visiting god with his malicious thoughts.

If god had a flaw it would be his favoritism for the elf king, for if it had been another he would not have taken that cup even after knowing something was added to it. His oversight cost him and soon he was on the floor vomiting blood as nearly all his divinity was stripped away.

Even then, he had no desire to harm this beloved child of his or see the sorrowful tears that ruined his lovely eyes. The elf king was kicked away to the safe side as he watched in horror as his beloved god writhed in pain, he had transformed into a magnificent golden dragon and his pained roars shook the entire Styr kingdom.

However what none of the inhabitants knew was that their god had never fully descended, he was of a fragment divinity of a greater divine being whose even 5% couldn’t cross over the Styr kingdom without destroying it.

Even then, although the divinity he heard sent to Styr was less than 1% it was still too great and thus he had to construct a space that could house his existence. This space was extremely powerful so much so that half the Styr kingdom along with its life could be destroyed if it collapsed. And it was collapsing.

In a bid to keep the space from collapsing, he used his last bit of divinity to turn his dragon body created from the less than 1% piece of divinity as a puppet to hold it until he came again.

The angel lord after learning of the chaos gave the elf king a thorough beating and dragged him off the demon king whom they nearly killed if not for his confession. He confessed that the gnome had been the actual perpetrator.

Turned out, the gnome had discovered an ink-like substance on a puddle of water one day and out of curiosity took it for research and found out it could strip off divinity. To truly confirm, she had asked the demon king to trick the elf king into using it on Paws in exchange for gifts.

However, the demon king was even more ambitious thus using dark magic, the demon king insinuated the elf’s king's deep reverence and respect into something else giving the elf king an illusion that he was in love and leading to the whole disaster.

The two creatures of light were beyond infuriated and after fighting the demon and gnome queen could only be at stalement thus came the resentment of the four races against each other and as for the human race… they stuck clear of the drama and adamantly remained neutral.

When Dina was done, the male on the throne was laughing so hard the entire space was quivering.

“Indeed, indeed, those mischievous children of mine! Truthfully, my favorite was the elf king for his exotic look but the demon king, oh that child was something else! Imagine plotting to dethrone me, I always knew his eyes held impure thoughts on me but still…!”

Dina watched with several levels of discomfort as the male laughed some more, wait! Did he just insinuate that the demon king wanted to bed him… okay maybe she was way too dirty-minded.

“And that child of mine, Kelfinia, she truly had been a spectacular genius such a shame her descendants were wiped out with the recent tragedy. However, just like they all had appeared suddenly, am sure her descendants will rise again,” the male chuckled, “Child, I might just be the reason you’re here.”

0