Devil’s Feast
104 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Plop

Plop

Darkness – in front of me, but darkness resides. As I float in this void, my mind is at peace, my heart in serenity. Oh, what a soothing sensation! The calming silence ascends to a dreamy hum, with the sound of the liquid dripping, dripping color onto this void too. My eyes, with a herculean will I lift. Like a rusty door, I open, albeit so slow it would seem as they stayed shut. Yellow, orange, red and brown assaulted my eyes in a race. The plethora of colors merging into a blurry sight.

To the sound of the violin, I jolted awake. The sound of laughter and chatter permeated the air, the aroma of the most succulent delicacies teased my nose, and the dancing spectacle was a feast to the eyes. Did I pass out in the midst of a party? I wondered. My tired limbs couldn’t move and my eyelids, heavy as lead, demanded to be shut. It didn’t take long for me to oblige. I let myself entwine with this pleasant atmosphere as if I was a baby in the embrace of his mother. I felt an ethereal level of calmness, a sensation I could only experience in that void. However, in the deepest darkest corner of my mind – no, of my heart, a sensation of unfamiliarity welled up upon me. But, washed away like footprints on the beach, the feeling died before it was born. In its wake, a rushing wave – no, a tsunami of feelings, memories, and emotions awoke me from my stupor. My eyes, previously heavy and shut, were now fully open, unblinking and unhazy.

“Sophie!-”

The blurry picture of eating, drinking and dancing guests focused with absolute clarity. The dancing couples gave space to their queen. Her ash brown hair flowed on her naked shoulder. Oh, those shoulders that I for so long embraced. Proud, cold, lonely shoulders. And with grace she danced, her black dress contrasting with her pale white skin. A lonely fragile porcelain doll, but with a will so strong she would uplift the heavens. She was a black swan, an innocence tainted to face the trials of the world.

My soul was sucked in, and as if by decree of heaven I could follow nothing but her movements. Her refined moves magically spelled a world of its own; a saintly world undefiled by human hands. Yet, before I could notice, her eyes locked with mine, and as if struck by a spell, I couldn’t look away. Her hazel pupils bewitched me. In them, I could see the past, the present and the future. The memories we share, the moment we live and the story that we will write. Yet, in those beautiful eyes, I saw something outlandish. The sense of unfamiliarity that with such force I drowned, resurged back ever stronger and made me nauseous. The urge to throw up overwhelmed, fear and dread overpowered me, but I had no clue of their source.

Plop

Plop

The sound of the liquid dripping woke me up. The same sound that dripped color into the darkness I cradled in became the eye of uncountable questions. The sound of the liquid I followed and my cranky neck I turned only to find an abyss of horror that shocks me to the core.

M-My Arm!

I couldn’t believe it. It felt like part of my heart – no, my very essence was robbed away from me as I looked at the place where my arm should have been resting, only to find that it has vanished – no, that it has been stolen from me. The dripping blood felt as heavy as mercury when it splattered on the puddle on which I sat. The wet, cold and sticky clothes that I wore made sure that I would feel the terror with every fiber of my being. The protruding bones coming out of my shoulder were snakes and worms coming out of my body.

“Haha”

The light snicker shook me awake to find Sophie’s blood red lips transforming into a maniacal grin. Her pure hazel eyes had a perverted glint. And shortly after her burst, the rest of the guests, in turn, began laughing. Their masks finally dropping to show their true nature, and thus I saw, patisserie, and lasagna became festered with worms. The bones sticking out of the food told me the whole story; this was the feast of the devil, and I was the main course.

Please check out my other story

1