Chapter 13: Guns? Nah bro, we exorcising with this one.
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

================================================================================================

(Mio's POV)

(The Hotel)
(Door 52, Safe Zone.)

 

*Crack!* *Clatatak!*

I look up at my surroundings, assessing the situation and the cause of the earthquake. This is The Hotel of Doors. There's no way an earthquake could damage this place or shake it. Unless... It's connected to the multiple doors at The Room. Did something happen there? The developers haven't updated the game since the Crucifix update. So, safe to say those doors are now just some props. Then, what caused this place to nearly sway left and right? Did the networking codes break? No, Jide always checked the codes every once a week. Is this also the MPS doings? Maybe.

What are they planning right now? That b*tch took me here with the modified Displacer Cannon. Did she take the others too? Nah, I don't think so. So what are they doing really? The red-horn w*ore definitely kidnapped some other OC. Come on now, aren't you tired of watching the characters across fandoms react to others? Like seriously, why?

Did the networking codes f*cked up? Nope. Jide consistently checked it once a week. Or is it the multiple doors in The Room that shake The Hotel? Maybe not. The Hotel+ update doesn't make those Rooms affect the lore. Could it be something related to the word "Time And Space"? Possibly.

I still don't know what caused the earthquake-like moment, but it certainly makes me believe there's something wrong with this version of Doors, the gameplay side of this version. And because of the earthquake, I come to a conclusion.

 

Something happened to The Hub. Something crucial is currently happening, causing havoc in the entire realm of the Internet.

I might be wrong. It's probably the entities doing this stuff down there in the Mines. Maybe it's the developers going to update the game. Are they though?

*NGEEEEEEENG*1

Some burst of familiar particles suddenly appeared briefly. I glanced at each particle that popped out of nowhere and landed near Jeff and my table. Or should I say our table? I mean, El Goblino and Bob shared their tables with me. All of the particles' color is green only? I seem to recognize this kind of particle... Hold on. The sound it makes triggers my muscle memory. As if I've known this for a long time from someone or by someone. Oh yeah, Half-Life. Wait, what are these particles doing here? You guys weren't supposed to be here.

El Goblino shows the same concerned face as me. That means there's no way this particle's a part of the game assets. While Bob is uhh... Staring at those green particles. Jeff is busy exorcising the particles using the crucifix he sells, at least trying to. Those particles then turn into green floating orbs. In total, three green balls evolved from the dust particles. From it, three figures appeared without any entry animation. They just pop out of thin air! Like how Minecraft players would appear after successfully executing teleport commands. How?!

And as if the evolving orbs haven't surprised me enough, the three figures are pretty familiar. The first one to appear is right in front of Jeff's shop. From the looks of it, it's a human, a boy. Has the facial features of a male. He has brown hair with M-shaped front hair, brown eyes, and light skin. He also donned a red uniform with yellow outlines on the edge, green trousers, a blue tie, and brown shoes. He looks calm and rather pale.

From the second orb near our table, another character appears. It's a man in his early adulthood. From the looks of it, the man is around 6 feet tall. He's wearing a clerical suit with a white collar and jeans. He has short black hair and bangs. And he carries a crucifix, A gold one even. I don't know why or how he got that here... Oh, wait. Yeah, it's him. How did i forget about you, my friend?

Finally, the last orb. The one close to Door 53. I see another man fading in from it. Now now, he should be a regular/ordinary person like the other new 'visitors'. Buut, what distinguishes him from the others is that he literally holds a gun in a horror game. How many times have I seen guns in horror movies or games? Yes, not too many. Having a firearm in any horror genre media means the holder of the weapon must fight one or lots of creatures, mostly abomination creatures. The man holding a FAL seems like an operative. Not to mention, he look like someone I knew from the past. Also, he looks pretty old. Is he in his 40's?

The three stare at each other and towards me and the gang. The boy took a step away from Jeff. The priest glances at me with a raised eyebrow. I took that as a sign of questioning me. So, I shrug my shoulders. The operative pointed his gun toward all of us.

I think I know their names, maybe. It's a bit hard to remember some characters because there are sooo many movies, games, and anime characters living in the city. Ok?

So, before the operative killed all of us, I clapped my hands and gathered their attention.

"Alright, listen. Before you shoot any of us, Mister. None of us is hostile like the cartel you and your team were chasing."

================================================================================================

 

 

(Ayanokoji's POV)
(2 Minutes before the Resonance Cascade...)

 

I was heading back to my room after taking Kei back to her dorm. I opened the door of my room and felt something strange. The air around me and inside the room feels weird. I took a step into my room. The sudden freezing temperature coursed through my feet the moment I stepped in. I scale this cold temperature to be at -11 Degrees Celcius. How did the temperature change so quickly?

I walk to my bed and observe the entire room. Everything seems to be in place like before. I see nothing weird, but the air is still cold. I've checked the window, and it's still closed as I left for the date with Sato. The room should be warm by now. Why is it cold? The outside temperature is indeed cold. There are no holes or any cracked walls I've yet to spot. There is no sign of a thief possibly breaking in.

Suddenly, I heard a crack behind me. Feeling no threat from the noise behind me, I turn my body around and see a hole in the air. I step back and observe the blue hole floating in the air. I see a massive city crowded in fear. In the street, I saw a group of soldiers trying to calm the chaos. On top of a building, I see two people in black clothing looking at a skyscraper. Based on the person scoping in with a sniper and the right person holding a binocular, they will assassinate a target. Who might it be?

I picture the trajectory in my mind, the location, their positioning, and where they're aiming. In conclusion, they're trying to kill the young boss with a blue-cyan-ish suit and hoodie on the 33rd floor, looking outside towards the chaotic city. He's dead.

So why did a rift like this appear?

 

Out of nowhere, some green particles materialize around my body. Then, it becomes a green orb. I feel the jolt of electricity running through my body. If this is how I die, it is unplanned. How did I not die? I noticed something was missing from my body. I looked down at my feet and saw my lower body vanish. This looks like a simulation. But I doubt it. There's no simulation in the white room, and there's no way humanity has found a way to create a simulation device with such low human resources. It looks like i'm still not hurt yet. Good to know. My body starts to decay till the tip of my head turns to dust.

 

*NGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENG*

As soon as the surroundings changed, i took a step back, reacting to the sudden environmental changes. It feels strange, as if i got distorted a moment ago. And now, i'm standing in front of a tentacle monster selling some stuff, such as a crucifix. I look around the new environment and inspect my surroundings.

I see a cleric in his black suit. He's holding a crucifix and trading gazes with a guy sitting on a table. The guy wears a black jacket covering his white T-shirt. On the lower part, he has black-grayish trousers and a pair of white and black shoes. A backpack and a hat in front of him on the table may belong to him. Based on how the hat is positioned above the bag. Across him sits a red goblin and a skeleton with a hat.

Close to the door labeled "53", i see an operative. He looks like a middle-aged man. Though, i consider him as a threat. He's holding us all at gunpoint with a FAL, a semi-automatic weapon. I see the operative pulling the trigger slowly. I was ready to jump into the tentacle monster's booth, but a clapping hand stopped him and gathered our attention.

The guy on the table clapped his hand and said.

"Alright, listen. Before you shoot any of us, Mister. We're not the cartel you and your team were chasing."

 

I see the operative's eyebrows raised. That means the agent has a team and was chasing down a cartel, more likely the cartel boss. And he was teleported here, separated from his team. How did he know the operator was pursuing someone? The priest watched the interaction and taps the guy's shoulder. "So, why are we here, Mio?" The guy snaps his head towards the priest and points a finger at the door. "I don't know why we're here, but i can summarize what we must go through. Door 101, and the hostile inhabitants of this hotel."

Mio stands up and moves to the door. He waves his hand at me, inviting me to come closer with a gesture to do a handshake. Sensing no threat, i walk towards him and greet his handshake. From the handshake, he wants to know who i am.

"Good to see you. I'm Mio. Also, i have a question, Ayanokoji."

Huh, he knows my name. Even before i introduce myself. He let go of my hand and was interrupted by the operator pointing his gun toward him before continuing his speech.

"You better explain this to me, or I'll pop your f*cking head off!"

================================================================================================

 

 

(John POV)
(In a church, 2 blocks away from THC's main building.)

 

 

What the actual christ is happening?

Moments ago, I was in the church, praying to god while sweeping the floor. Suddenly, a green orb-looking thing appeared. I reflexively held my crucifix and pointed it toward the thing. I thought it was a demon, but apparently not. There were people in the church, and multiple orbs appeared around them. There were also rifts materialized throughout the church. There were a dozen of them. I screamed at those people only to find some of them getting warped. The rest who weren't warped kicked the ground and fled along with the nuns and some of my fellow clerics.

I ran outside, closing the door of the church after everyone left. When I turn around, I see chaos unfolding all around the city. There's a man with white, pale skin and smiling widely while holding a knife, stabbing someone lying on the ground at this intersection. On the other side, a building collapsed because a spaceship of a kind crashed into it.

"God, please give us mercy. Some lambs are still putting faith in you."

 

There's just... Too much stuff happens at once. Yes, I know who these people and those things are. They came from different fandoms, movies, or games. Well, anything created online and fictional. That's what they said about me and the entire of this city.

I see a girl lying on the ground near the crashed building. I ran towards the woman and shook her body. "Are you okay?! Wake up! It's not safe out here. Please wake up!" A glimpse of hope rose in my heart as I saw the girl slowly opening her eyes. She's pretty, with the yellow sweater, the orange coat, and the blonde hair she has.

Now is not the time to appreciate her appearance or do malicious things. Oh, come on. Why do I think about filthy things as a priest?? I shouldn't be concerned about those sinful feelings. She looks around her before she lifts her gaze, meeting mine. "Are you hurt?" I asked. I stood up and helped her get up. "I'm fine, thank you." I took another look at the surroundings and... How did I miss the dead body a few inches away from us? The body was covered with debris. I guess that's why I didn't notice it the first time. That looks like the body of an agent.

As I examined the body, an officer came to help. "Ashley! You okay?" The girl nods her head. "It's okay Leon, I'm fine." The officer grabbed her hand and ran away. "We gotta go, it's not safe out here." The officer suddenly stopped to look at me. "Hey, is there a basement in the church?" He asked. I answered with my eyes staring at him. "There is, I think. Are you trying to hide there?" He nods, oh. I spoke with a firm tone. "I'm sorry, I cannot open the door for you." "Why?" The girl asked. I turn my gaze at her, begging them not to go there. "People disappeared inside there." Their expression shifted to a surprised and concerned one. They didn't believe me, aren't they?

"Look, let's go find another shelter and-"

*NGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENG*

Something noisy behind me interrupted my speech. I turned around and found a green orb materialized behind me. I took a few steps away from it with a startled reaction. At first, it did nothing. But then, it starts sucking me. I tried holding onto the crushed wall. Gladly, it worked. My feet are inches away from the orb. Thank god. The officer, Leon, quickly grips my arm and pulls me, trying to get me out of the orb. It did nothing. The orb drags half of my body into it. Well, I know I'm going somewhere. I hope god gives me what he promises.

"Hey, Leon! Go to any THC's buildings! They usually have a bunker or two to use for hiding. It's huge, and I think you'll be safe in there with her." I said, acceptingly. "Then, what about you?!" He screamed. God, lower your voice down. You may help me, but don't scream at my ears, please. "Just go! It'll suck me in no matter how hard you try! It only wants me, so go!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!"

*NGEEEEEEENG*

 

The orb sucked me in completely. I can feel his hand retracting. He definitely felt guilty, isn't he? I'm okay, so don't worry.

And then all of a sudden, I'm standing in a room filled with strangers beside a table. Except, there's one person that I recognize. A black jacket, white T-shirt, black trousers, a hat, and a backpack lying on the table. It's him, Mio.

He stares at me, then the other two people who came from another green orb. I guess there are lots of victims of these orbs. Some people who were taken here, look strange in my eyes. 

 

 

So, we were having trouble knowing each other. But, now that we were forced to do so to reach Door 101, we introduced each other and now we walk together passing Door 56. And let me tell you, this is as disturbing as how satan disturbs Jesus.

 

It is dead silent...

 

Ayanokoji. A student of the most prestigious high school in the world.

Alex Mason. A skilled CIA operative who was currently tasked to kill or capture a cartel mob.

Mio. An assassin leader who loves the disguising knife (he calls it YER for short).

And me, an ordinary cleric.

 

 

God, help me. These people are quiet as if they're doing "Devotional Time" in unison.

================================================================================================

0