Epilogue
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Come on Anton. What are you waiting for!?” Mana’s scream echoed through the cold morning skies. 

“You’re way too active!” Anton said, crawling out of his tent. Mana stood in front of it, just fresh out from her own. 

“You sleepyhead,” Mana stated flatly. Mana heard the sound of a zipper. She turned toward a tent, finding Rebecca crawling from inside it. 

“Look, even Rebecca’s already up. You really want to lose to your own junior?”

Mana pointed toward the approaching Rebecca. She rubbed her eyes, still looking tired. She stopped beside Mana, looking into Anton’s tent.

Whoaam… morning…” she let out a yawn. 

“Morning everyone!” a voice came out from Anton’s tent. 

“Morning,” Anton finally replied. He went back to his tent and took the camera speaker device he made and strapped it to his right shoulder. The device was relatively light compared to other things of its size. 

“Morning, Kayla,” Mana replied. Anton went out of his tent and stretched his limbs. 

“Woah!” Kayla gasped as Anton shook the device around. 

“Any more movements and Kayla will go tumbling down,” Rebecca commented. 

“I made this, I know its limits,” Anton said while shaking his shoulder around. 

“Ah!”

As he said, the device stayed put on his shoulder. 

“Kayla, are you not dizzy being shaken around like that?” Mana asked. 

“Not really, but it’s still surprising when he did it so suddenly.”

“You heard the girl.”

Anton shrugged. 

“Anyway, let’s start preparing for our return,” Anton said, only to go back to his tent and cuddle up in his sleeping bag, again.  

“What would we do with you…”

“It’s his suggestion to go camping,” Rebecca and Mana looked at each other, let out a sigh, and returned to their tents. 

  • ••

Ten minutes later, Anton was finally wide awake. He got up, made sure that the device was properly strapped to his shoulder, and went out of his tent. He walked out to find Rebecca and Mana occupying a wooden table not far from their tents, a hot, small cup of instant noodles in hand. 

They pushed one toward him.

“Thanks,” he said as he opened the lid. He took the fork and started chomping down. 

“I’m going to spawn an instant noodle to go with the mood… Hmm, this is great!”

Kayla’s words prompted a chuckle from the two girls. 

“Anyway, should we take a light walk before we pack up?” Mana suggested, her cup half empty. Rebecca nodded. 

“Sure, no running, though.”

“Fine, fine.”

Anton looked up at the surrounding mountains before them. 

“Sure is beautiful, isn’t it?” Kayla’s voice came from the speaker. 

“Yeah.” 

They finished their breakfast and then collected the trash in a plastic bag. Anton tied the plastic bag up and put it in the rear of their pickup truck. 

“Alright, should we go?” Anton turned back toward the two girls. They nodded, and the three- four set off on their morning walk. 

END

0