Blood Brothers
120 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man sat at a large table, drinking whiskey as he looked out of his window. He stood up in silence as he savoured the pleasant burn of his beverage. However, his relaxation was soon disrupted as a man with a suit walked into the room.

"They're here." The suited man said simply, even bowing a little in the presence of the unknown figure.

"Let them in." The man spoke in a deep voice as he didn't spare the other a look.

"Well… they won't fit through the doors." Said the suited man as he hesitated with his words.

"It seems the rumours were true. Take me to them." Declared the man as he followed the hurried steps of the suited other.

They made their way through a luxurious building with marble floors and water fountains as decoration, as well as multiple chandeliers.

They walked out of the large mansion and made their way to the front of the house, only to be met with two colossal figures, their bodies sculpted with bulging muscles that seemed to ripple with power.

Their skin, a deep shade of unusual crimson. It was textured, almost like the rough hide of a creature from a distant world. Every sinew and muscle was visible, showcasing their immense strength.

As they gazed upon their faces, they saw features that both fascinated and intimidated. Their brows were prominent, casting shadows over their piercing, glowing eyes. Eyes that burned with fiery intensity, radiating a ferocity that few could withstand.

"The Blood Brothers. It's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard great things." Said the man as he stared at the two giants that towered over him.

"What weak human want?" Asked one of the brothers with a deep voice, the ground slightly shaking with every word.

"We've been having a problem with two unknown assailants. They've laid waste to a few of our warehouses and proceeded to do more damage. I need you to take care of them." 

The two brothers looked at each for a few seconds before turning back.

"They be dead by sunset."

***

A familiar white cloud soared through the clear blue sky, above the clouds as one could see two individuals sitting on it and a head protruding from inside the cloud.

"We've hit three of these places already! Why haven't we found any trace of CS2 or anyone that knows anything about it?!" Yelled Wukong.

"I don't know. I've already told you. From what I know, if they are making this CS2, it's going to be in one of these warehouses." Argued the balding man.

"Let's just carry on. We only have 4 more left. We might find something in those." Said Lorna.

As she said this, they started to see another building like the ones they'd already visited, in the middle of an empty field.

"4th time's the charm, right?" Said Wukong optimistically as they landed in front of the warehouse.

They jumped off Nimbus as they walked toward the building. It hadn't even been ten seconds till they were surrounded by Centipede Soldiers. Without any words, their cybernetic implants tore off their skin as they become rife with pain. The Serum leaked from their wounds as a result of attempted use of the drug. However, they weren't quick enough.

"Just finish them quickly and let's search this place." Said Wukong, unenthusiastically.

They were given a swift death by Lorna as they proceeded into the building. Same as the previous locations, the warehouse looked abandoned as one could see miscellaneous scattered objects and broken windows.

They kept walking as they were met with a large metal door that stood out from the surroundings. Instead of it looking like the rest of the abandoned and messy building, this particular door looked pristine and brand new.

As they placed their hands on the cold and soothing material, they pushed open the door and were met with a large room that encompassed most of the building. A large white room with state-of-the-art technology and equipment. Inside the lab stood two men who wore lab coats and protective goggles.

They darted their heads at the sudden door opening and were met with two teenagers. Because of this, they didn't feel intimidated as they stopped to take a closer look. After a few seconds, they bolted away from the intruders, remembering that these kids had somehow gotten past the Centipede soldier.

However, before they could make it far, they were blocked by a wall of metal composed of pipes and other various metal objects. They turned around and were met with the face of a boy with freckles.

Wukong grabbed onto both of their faces as he spoke.

"You're the first people who aren't Centipede Soldiers that we've come across in these warehouses. Now I have a couple of questions for you." 

Before he could ask anything, Wukong heard a cracking noise as the two of them bit into something. Not long after, sizzling could be heard as foam started to appear from the scientist's mouth. 

"Hail Hyrda." They said as they took their dying breath. Wukong removed his hand from the faces and as he did, they fell to the ground, lifeless as their eyes were left wide open.

"What the hell? Cyanide? I didn't think these scientists had balls like that. Does the scientist we have keep cyanide in his mouth?"

"Most likely not. Otherwise, he would have used it already."

"Alright, well I guess there's nothing else to do here. On to the next warehouse." He said as he turned around.

However, when he looked back to leave, he noticed that the faint winds from the outside, coming in from the door had halted. A chill ran down both the teenager's spines as the whole atmosphere in the area changed. A feeling crept up onto their soul as their hearts started to beat uncontrollably. Bloodlust, fear, death. Whatever it was, it suffocated them as they started to sweat profusely.

Wukong finally looked back at the entrance, only to be met with two giants, blocking their exit. The giants stood at 8 feet tall, towering over the two as they strained their necks looking at them.

"Weak humans cause trouble. Weak humans die." Said one of them as the other cracked its knuckles.

"Hey, I know these guys. The Blood Brothers. Alien beings that have come to Earth. If my memory is right, they had a crippling weakness that they had to look out for. Jeez, what was it?" He held his dome as he thought hard. However, his time was cut short as the two giants started to run towards them.

"I don't know what you're mumbling about, but we gotta do something." Said Lorna as she prepared as much metal as she could.

"I'll just think about it later. We both take one. They are strong and have uncanny durability. Stay sharp." said Wukong as he ran toward one of the giants.

He sprinted toward the giants as his staff expanded in length as it pushed against the ground, shooting him up into the air until he came face-to-face with one of the brothers.

Without any hesitation, he swung his staff as it struck the giant man in his face. Wukong smiled inwardly seeing that his attack landed. He waited for the giant's head to be flung back by the immense force of Ruyi. However, the satisfaction he was waiting for didn't come.

Instead, the Goliath stared at Wukong with rage in its eyes, not moving an inch from the strike. It was as if the monster was hit by a feather as it stood unharmed.

The giant raises its hand and with a mighty heave, he punched into Wukong as he was sent flying across the large lab, crashing into some equipment. 

Lorna looked at him with a face of shock and worry. However, she was given no time to be concerned about others as the second giant sprinted toward her. However, it was met with nothing but air as it looked around in confusion. Only when it looked up did it notice the girl flying above him.

"How pretty girl do that?!" Said the giant as he stomped the ground with his foot as if he were a child.

"Ah, well thank you." She said as multiple pieces of metal slammed into the giant's face from all directions.

Meanwhile, Wukong arose from the rubble with his staff that expanded to the length and width of a door. 

"Well, that wasn't smart of me." He said as his body ached from the crash. However, he was given no time to rest as he felt the ground tremor and saw his enemy running toward him.

He prepared himself as the giant threw a punch. It was easily dodged as Wukong dived out of the way. It threw another which had the same result as the first. It seemed that Wukong had the upper hand in combat and agility. However, this wasn't going to win him the fight if he couldn't even harm his opponent.

Wukong kept dodging and running from the giant as he thought of a plan. He couldn't expand his Ruyi in this area without the whole building collapsing. He might survive that but he couldn't say the same for Lorna. He looked over to her and it didn't seem like she was having a better time than him.

While he was thinking this, the giant appeared beside him and threw a kick. Wukong let his guard down and it resulted in an attack that he couldn't dodge. All he could do was block. Therefore, he held his staff up to protect himself as a loud CLANG was heard. Wukong stood in the same position as he was confused. Wasn't he supposed to be sent flying by now?

He looked back at the giant only to see him preparing another punch. This time Wukong saw it coming and had time to react. He jumped back as the first collided with the floor.

That kick right now was severely less powerful than the punch earlier. Not to mention it's running, it's different to the first time they both came charging at them. It's slower.

Wukong looked back at the other giant and witnessed that the same thing was happening. Although, not extremely noticeable, one could tell both the giants were weaker and slower if they looked closely.

Wukong then observed the distance between both giants. They were a good spread between them. 

Wukong widened his eyes finally remembering their weakness.

"Lorna, keep that one busy. I'll draw this one away!" Yelled Wukong as he started to make a run to the exit. However, the giant didn't follow him. He looked back at its brother as if he was worried about something.

"Hey, big boy. Don't be shy. Come get me if you can. Unless you're scared." Wukong taunted the giant as he turned around and smacked his bottom.

The giant's veins bulged as he became infuriated at the fact that he was accused of being scared. His kind were warriors who never backed down from a fight. To say that he was scared was the worst insult in his mind. He'd rather die than be a coward. 

The giant ran toward Wukong with all his might as he had forgotten about his previous worries. They both exited the lab as Wukong sprinted as fast as he could, trying his best to jump through small passageways or small doors. 

However, all of them proved to be ineffective as they were destroyed within seconds of touching the alien. 

Wukong carried this on for a few minutes before noticing that the giant started to slow down incredibly and started to breathe heavily.

Soon the Goliath dropped to one knee as it gasped for air.

"That's your weakness, isn't it? The further away you are from your brother the weaker you get." Said Wukong as he stood in front of the fallen giant. 

It tried to throw a punch, however, it was useless as Wukong moved slightly, watching the first hit the ground. After it did, he placed his staff on its hand as the giant gritted its teeth at the immense pain and the feeling of his crushing hand.

"Alright, big boy. I got some questions for you."

10