Chapter 15
292 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Present time

We delivered the dark elves who suddenly fell on our heads at a fast pace to the shelter, where we were met by Olga, who was in an extremely excited state. There was so much mixed up in the look she gave me when we met that I involuntarily shrugged my shoulders. She looked at me like a starving man for a week on a juicy, thoroughly fried piece of meat, and promised to thank me properly as soon as such an opportunity will present. The objections, reasoned by the fact that it actually happened by accident, were ignored by the proud queen, and I, discouraged by the woman's reaction, was sent away to deal with the carts that we took with us while Olga took care of the saved elves' health.

[You must understand.] — She told me then. — [The life of each of my people is important to me. And what you did today means almost more to me than my own safety.]

It sounded unexpected to me, because I myself did not see anything in what happened that deserved any special attention. Well, yes, I did, but I wasn't the only one there, and not on purpose! Besides, what to do with them was decidedly unclear. Just letting go on all fours is definitely not an option, because nothing good awaits them. And I would not have found such a step of understanding either with my companions, or, to be honest, with myself. Leave them here and leave by ourselves? It would have been possible, at the same time we would have looked after a good base, but the catch is that Chloe and I didn't put the guys who were taking them very carefully. And to be more precise, it's not neat at all, so when the slavers look for them, which I don't doubt at all, they will definitely find traces that lead to shelter, well, it's already clear what will happen to the girls they find there. Changing an awl for soap for them would be the height of cruelty, so the only option left was to take them with us. Well, Tom Cruise is a guy with exotic tastes in the servants, it happens to everyone, but the fact that there will be not two, but seven ... well, if you burn barn down, burn and the house too.

Olga came to the same conclusions, therefore, a few hours later, when I returned, having finished putting our transport in order, I was informed that the ladies were going with us. The ladies, by the way, looked much better, washed, disguised, and treated, they no longer caused pity by their appearance alone. True, they also didn't look like normal and contented girls — the stress from the experience didn't go away, but no one was looking at me like a wolf anymore. But the wariness and a certain amount of nervousness in my presence did not decrease, after all, and it was humans who turn them into slaves, and they suffered a lot. The memories are fresh and only time will help smooth them out. But they almost prayed to the Queen and her assistant, and looked with trepidation, not otherwise, having found out who exactly pulled them out of trouble.

After explaining to the girls the party's policy and what was required of them, Olga sent them to rest, and the three of us spent the rest of the day preparing for the trip, collecting everything we needed and loading into one of the carts — the one in which we would go ourselves, completely freeing the second one for the captives. The very next day, we set off.

Nowdays

"Mhm ... " — Olga stirred on the side, touching me in the process and distracting me from my memories. — "Uva-a-ah…"

Turning my head, I see Olga stretching, rubbing her sleepy eyes with her hands clenched into fists. The clothes at that moment stretched in all the right places, instantly riveting my gaze to the impressive forms of the girl and reminding me of the problem that arose not so long ago. The fact is that, being in the service of humanity, I took a number of hormonal drugs, one of which was aimed at suppressing sexual activity. I don't know why they didn't unscrew libido as an unnecessary element at the development stage, apparently something didn't allow us to do it and we still have it. Therefore, so that we would not be distracted by the urges of the reproductive instinct, a special chemistry was added to our diet. But now there is no such chemistry, and my sleeping companion, waking up, found several female individuals suitable for reproduction next to him and began to give me the appropriate signals. I will not say that I was not pleased with his activity, but it still brought discomfort, especially now that there were even more attractive women around me. At the same time, it is impossible to come to them with all kinds of proposals for obvious reasons. In the future, it will be necessary to attend to the issue of satisfying a newly arisen long-forgotten need, but now i need to be patient.

With difficulty I tear myself away from contemplating the charms of the queen and turn my gaze to her face, no longer hidden by her hands, and notice that she is also looking at me. And, apparently, she noticed my attention, starting to quickly adjust her clothes and remove the folds formed during sleep.

"Good morning." — Trying to hide the awkwardness that has arisen, I greet the beauty.

"Morning?" — She asked and looked out, seeing the sun standing at the zenith. — "But it's noon."

"The morning starst when you get up." — I smiled at her and turn away so as not to continue tempting myself with her body. — "But you could rest more, we still have half a day to go."

"Too much sleep is also harmful, it spoils the figure." — She answered me in an instructive tone.

— "I will not say that I am familiar with this problem…"

"Men ..." — Olga pretended to sigh. — "It's much easier for you to keep yourself in order."

In response, I just shrugged, silently accepting the correctness of the interlocutor. That was the end of the conversation and we spent some time in silence, surveying the passing landscapes. At the same time, I constantly felt the attention directed at me with the back of my head. It started from the moment the captives appeared. Olga from time to time cast strange glances in my direction, trying for a long time to see something in me. I couldn't understand what it was and, at first, tried not to pay attention, but the instincts developed during the war did not allow me to simply ignore the fact that I was being watched. And now I decided to find out what is the reason for such strange behavior on her part.

I turn my head and see what I expected — Olga was thinking hard about something, while staring at me. It was not noticeable on her face and you would think that she was just admiring the views, but you can't fool my feelings with this.

"Do you want to ask me something?" — I asked the girl head-on, noticing out of the corner of my eye how Chloe pulled the tips of her ears in front.

"What makes you think that?" — Olga replied, pretending that she don't understand anything.

"All the way you often look at my back. I feel that way." — I make it clear that I didn't believe it and repeat the question: — "Is something bothering you? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?"

"No, it's just ..." — After a long pause, during which the staring game did not stop, Olga replied: — "You took everything so easily that I don't even know what to think."

She began to list her thoughts, gradually raising the tone of her voice: — "Helped us. And you help further, while behaving as if this is a common thing! As if you are not at all offended by the fact that you are almost in the position of a slave!"

At the mention of slavery, Chloe, who was listening attentively to the conversation, cursed, forcing the queen to stop and look down, who, obviously, was aware that this topic was extremely unpleasant for the blonde. And at this time I was thinking about how to explain to them that I just forgot how to live for myself, and to follow some goal, on the contrary, is more familiar to me? Previously, it was the protection of humanity, and now, here are the women who are sitting next to me now.

Or maybe to say it directly? But words remain just words, which means they need to be backed up with something.

"What should I complain about? That my freedom is limited? Show me someone who is completely free. We are all bound by a framework, one way or another. I've been bound hand and foot by debt for as long as I can remember, so" — I spread my hands — "now everything is the same for me."

As for "as long as I can remember," I'm not much, because I also had that very first life, but it's not worth mentioning. The memories from there are no more than a mirage and I'm not even sure that it actually existed at all and is not some kind of experiment or a malfunction in the training program. Yes, many of my personality traits came from there and helped a lot, but still, I became who I am right next to my brothers.

"And I don't feel like a slave." — I continued. — "Knowing that I can't hurt you in any way, you never took advantage of it. You didn't order, You didn't look down on me. You just asked, although many people in your place wouldn't waste money on trifles and exploited me to the fullest. That alone shows you on the good side.

"After you saved us?" Olga jumped up indignantly. — "This is unacceptable!"

"Here! You are no stranger to gratitude, either." — I raise my finger sententiously. — "And you remember the good. This is your second positive trait, but far from the last."

Confused by my words, Olga looked away. It's a strange reaction for a millennial queen of harsh desert survivalists, but I really like to see her like this. Maybe she's playing, but I doubt it very much, there's just nothing like that.

"Looking at how you take care of your people, I just can't perceive you in a negative way." — I don't stop listing her virtues and nod my head back to where the girls we rescued were riding in another cart, and then I point my eyes at Chloe. — "You're wonderful. And I'm glad that it fell to me to serve you."

"To serve?" — The woman sighed in amazement, staring at me. — "You mean…"

"Is it worth denying the obvious?" — I smiled, looking into her eyes. — "If I had come across some freak with no brakes instead of you, like this Vult of yours, I would have preferred to die, but I got you. And my life is now connected with yours. So there's nothing to be done, I'll have to become the one who will destroy your enemies until there is no one left who, even in theory, can plot evil against you."

What I certainly did not expect was that Olga, as soon as my last words fell from her lips, would overcome the distance separating us in one movement, pressing her chest against me and wrapping her arms around her neck.

"Thank you ..." — they whispered in my ear, blowing hot breath and making a herd of goosebumps run over my skin. — "It's been a long time since anyone but Chloe has spoken to me so sincerely. Some solid sycophants and sycophants, who still did not turn out to be around at the right moment. But you turned out to be. I won't forget it."

And while he was quietly freaking out, his hands fell on her waist by themselves, pressing her even tighter. Burying my nose in thick hair, I inhale the smell of a girl, forgetting for a second who I am and where I am at all. And only after this infinitely long period of time in subjective perception, it dawns on me what position we are in.

Afraid that I might be misunderstood, I want to pull away, but I don't even have time to start, stopped by a light, almost weightless kiss. On the cheek. And this is a good thing, otherwise the hardly restrained hormones would definitely overcome even my self-control.

"Ahem ..." — As if reluctantly breaking the embrace, Olga pulled away from me. — "I've become too emotional.…"

"Yes, I, as it were ... and do not mind ..." — Still being in prostration, I answered, while not taking my eyes off the queen's face. I used to find her a very attractive woman, but now something has changed. It was as if the filter that was applied to my vision and hid the colors of the surrounding world was finally removed and I saw something that I had not noticed before. I think I hit…

And after all, I understand with my mind that the blame is most likely the awakened hormones that make me react like a teenager to a beautiful woman, contact with whom turned out to be a little closer than just acquaintances.

But somehow I don't give a fuck. I've just decided everything for myself — this woman will be mine.

Some people, however, were not up to my far-reaching plans.

[Carrier?] — Like a jack-in-the-box, she emerged from the halls of my mind, or wherever else she's sitting there, Martha. — [Your hormonal balance is disturbed. But I don't understand the reason.]

[It's all right, Martha.] — Mentally smiling and not expecting a trick, I answer: — [I just fell in love.]

[Fell in love? I think I understand.] — In her usual manner, Marta commented on my answer in an even voice. And it was even more unexpected when she gave the following: — [Do you want to mate with Olga Discordia?]

S-s-s! ...-what?! Well... that's the most... yes, but still!

[Where did such problems in knowledge come from?!] — I was indignant, cursing internally. — [The desire to mate is just one of the signs of falling in love!]

[I'm sorry. I will try to fill in the gaps.] — As if nothing had happened, this troublemaker of my already disturbed peace of mind teleported to me.

[There will be homework for you, so that you don't say any nonsense,] — I muttered, finishing the dialogue. — [you can use the materials from my tablet, since you have access to them… Now get lost!]

While I was engaged in the sexual education of ancient artificial intelligence, only a second passed outside, and no one noticed how I almost had a heart attack. And Martha is a very great fellow that she did not bring this issue to the general discussion, so to speak. There's enough awkwardness right now. I have a worm of doubt gnawing at me that she might not know about something like this, with her capabilities.

Is this trolling? If so, I take off my hat. To shake her neck later, yes.

"I'll remember." — Olga sighed, closing her eyes. — "But it is important for a ruler to be able to hold his face, otherwise I will completely forget how."

"I understand the importance of this skill." — I accepted the girl's rightness. — "And you don't have to apply it to me at all, but let's get to the main point. Do you agree?"

"With pleasure." — The Queen smiled warmly at me, opening her eyes. Then, in a guilty tone, she added: — "However, for obvious reasons, I can't hold a proper ceremony for this."

"It's okay." — I returned the smile. — "One day we will recapture your Tower, so it will be possible to get down on one knee in front of you, pronounce a pretentious oath of allegiance and listen to your equally pretentious answer. In the meantime, we will do everything to make it possible."

For a while we just talked about nothing, jumping from topic to topic. We didn't touch any serious things, so as not to spoil the mood, which was just great. And some people would also do well to raise it

Chloe, who was listening to us all the time, was quieter than water, lower than grass. Even her silhouette began to seem smaller, so she tried to shrink down to become invisible. That's just that we didn't notice it right away, carried away by each other, for which we both have a fat minus in karma. And here there is something to worry about: a mentally traumatized girl, who was the only meaning of life serving Olga, recently witnessed how I took, in fact, a similar post to hers. And she also saw what I was capable of, which clearly did not add to her self-confidence. Here it's not far to the point that she will begin to consider herself useless or abandoned, and there it's far from anything bad. She will not betray, of course, and will not run away, but She will definitely fall into depression.

I point to the queen with my eyes at the girl's back and see how she changes her face, worrying about her ward. I stop her attempt to call out to Chloe with a gesture, instead heading to the latter myself.

Once behind the elf's back, I put my hands on her shoulders, feeling how the girl shudders with her whole body, from surprise, almost dropping the reins. — "How are you? You're sitting here with your ears hanging out, you won't even say a word. But you and I are now colleagues, I could congratulate you."

"Congratulations ..." — the elf squeezed out of herself dully and that's it. She didn't even turn to me or try to take my hands off her shoulders.

"Well, it won't work that way..." — I sighed and hooked her ear with my finger, making it jump.

"Hey!" — Chloe immediately jumped up on the box, standing half-turned to me and burning with righteous enthusiasm for such sacrilege. — "What are you doing?!"

"Distracting you from bad thoughts." — I replied calmly.

"Yes, what makes you think that something is wrong with me?!" — She went on the offensive. Apparently, she is trying to use the situation to hide her anxiety. But she can't take us like that. — "I just didn't want to disturb you!"

"Oh, is it?" — I raised an eyebrow questioningly. — "And why are you trembling then, like an aspen leaf?"

— "From surprise!"

"Nope." — I shook my head, folding my arms under my chest, and looked at the girl seriously. — "I don't believe it."

Seeing that I was serious, Chloe somehow immediately lost the fuse. Her shoulders slumped again, her gaze drooped, and she sank heavily into the seat, turning back to face the road.

"I'm fine... really." — But she didn't stop going into denial.

"That's not true. Don't try to cheat, it doesn't suit you." — There was enough space on the box next to her for two, and I climbed over the side of the cart and sat down next to her. — "Listen. Whatever you've come up with, get these thoughts out of your head."

"Easy to say." — Chloe sighed unhappily. — "I completely failed as a servant of the Mistress. She missed the attack, and if it wasn't for you, she wouldn't have been able to free her."

"And what?" — I asked calmly. — "Does one mistake negate everything you've done before? I'm dead in general, but, as you can see, I'm talking to myself about everything here. As long as you're alive and can move and think, do everything you can and something will turn out. And I'll help, and Olga won't leave you for anything. The main thing is to keep your ears to the wind."

"Okay... you're right." — A slightly cheered-up girl turned her gaze on me.

"...or I'll have to kick them!" — I added with a big smile, provoking her.

"wh ... why are you attached to my ears!" — Chloe fell for the trick, instantly forgetting about the blues.

"Because they are very cute!" — Smile and wave. And do not forget to shoot with your eyes.

"Idiot!" — The noble elf warrior proudly raised her nose and turned away, thereby demonstrating how bad I am, and in general a radish. She even let go of the reins, covering her ears with her palms. Only the tips of her ears, reddened like a crown, visible from under her fingers, made it clear that she was pleased to hear praise.

"Hee-hee!.. " — Olga giggled melodiously from behind, and I turned to the sound and met her sly smile. — "You look so cute together. You'd make a great couple!"

"Mistress!" — There was no limit to Chloe's indignation.

The blonde elf managed to return to the world of the living and then the three of us talked. I don't think she's completely fine, but rather temporarily calmed down. Such things are not solved by a single sincere conversation, and, in a good way, a long and painstaking work of a psychologist is needed here to help her completely. Unfortunately, I am not a psychologist, so we will solve the problem as best we can: we will try to support and make you feel important.

And in this way, the rest of the way passed until, closer to dusk, the walls of Feoh appeared on the horizon.

4