Chapter 2: Light at The Wall
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Prepare for a fight.” Lance spoke heading towards one of the poles that went from the top where they stood, to the bottom.

“It can’t be Androids.” Septum said observing the dust trail, and the light that began to grow the closer it got. “They can’t use vehicles.”

“Then what could it be?” Lance questioned, using this as an opportunity to teach the younger Agent.

Septum took a moment to think. “It can’t be a band of Raiders, they wouldn’t even think of attacking a sector city as big as Eden. Can’t be Androids as I already suggested.” He said taking a moment to think before continuing. “The only two it could be are a supply run, but those are usually held under the cover of day, with more than just the singular vehicle. So that means it has to be an Envoy from one of the sister cities.”

Lance nodded thoroughly, impressed that he could knock out almost every possibility. “You missed one. A small scouting party sent from Eden.”

“That’s still high marks for me. I’ll take it.” Septum smiled, grabbing onto a nearby pole and proceeding to slide down it. Soon followed by Lance.

[Lanies Home]

“Are you sure we have to visit Yesterday?” Lanie asked as she pulled on a pair of dress pants securing them with a belt around her waist looped through twice.

“Yes Lanie, we have to visit Yesterday.” Juno responded by simply pulling his long coat over his shoulders, tying his hair into the neat ponytail he typically kept it in. “An Agent who can’t rest isn’t an effective Agent. But even aside from that, I just want you to be okay. I worry about you when you get like this.” He admitted placing his warm hands on her bare shoulders.

“But what if the visit gets in the way of our duties?” Lanie questioned, placing her hand on his.

“Then it gets in the way of our duties. Simple as that.” Juno placed a gentle kiss on her cheek before placing her shirt over her shoulders. “If we get there early enough, it won’t get in the way of our duties.”

“What would I do without you?” Lanie questioned slipping her arms into the sleeves of the dress shirt, soon buttoning it up to cover the remaining of her bare skin.

“That is something that scares me to even consider.” Juno admitted starting to push her towards the door. “Now less hesitation and more walking. We have duties today that will take all day after all.”

“Is that the Elite talking or my boyfriend?” Lanie teased, causing Juno to nearly fall to the ground in what seemed like a near total panic. “Just kidding.” She then smiled.

“You’re glad I didn’t open the door and nobody heard that” Juno scolded flicking her forehead. “Don’t need the brass knowing and making our lives far more difficult.”

“Sorry, sorry. It’s fun messing with you some.” Lanie teased jokingly, as she was promptly pushed through the door by Juno.

“Definitely not getting off the hook now.” He growled low in his throat.

Project Machina

[The Wall of Eden]

Landing at the bottom of the wall, the two Agents stood before the massive gate that towered nearly just as tall as the wall itself. 

Watching as the light in the distance got closer, Lance situated himself about a foot and a half away from Septum. The perfect distance to show they were willing to accept whoever it was, whether they were friend or foe.

“Guessing you don’t want weapons hot?” Septum asked, half bored, half interested in the vehicle that seemed to be moving at a snail's pace.

“We don’t want to scare off anyone who would be friendly. So just be ready, in case this is an ambush.” Lance said patiently watching as the car continued to slowly crawl in their direction.

Eventually the solar and water powered vehicle came to a stop before the two Agents. Bearing the symbol that belonged to Eden’s sister city. Mecca.

“I didn’t know we were getting a visit from one of the sister cities.” Septum said, giving Lance a side glance and noticing that he was on guard.

One might not be able to tell at the surface level with how calm and collected he stood. And yet, he was primed and ready to go at a moment's notice.

 Septum on the other hand, was more outwardly friendly in appearance. Waving at the driver of the car, who wore an outfit very similar to the Two Agents who stood ready to receive their guests.

 The only door on the vehicle to open was the rear driver side door. To admit a man who stood at about five foot seven in height. With a head of messy black hair. Around his hands were wraps often used in hand to hand training.

 “State your business and affiliation with Mecca.” Lance spoke, holding his hand up to stop the man's approach.

“I'm Raishan. I was sent here as a part of a merger program to see how a new warrior classification would fare amongst the Agents of the frontline.” The man said pulling a small scroll from a side pouch and holding it out.

 “New warrior classification?” Septum questioned as Lance opened the scroll, reading its contents before looking to Septum.

 “Alahakis is expecting him.” Lance spoke looking up at the man before him. “He's here for the Brawler experiment.”

0