Chapter 6: Check-up part 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lanie looked at the door silently after the knocks had rang out. Wondering just who else would want to visit Yesterday at such an hour? 

The only other people she knew who would visit were currently going about their rounds at the wall. There was no way They could be here at this time.

“I didn't know you changed your office hours.” Lanie said as she looked at Yesterday who looked as confused as she was. With a good helping of interest sprinkled on.

“I never changed my office hours. Should I let them in?” She questioned leaning closer to the door hoping to hear who was on the other side of it…from the opposite side of the room.

“Who all are allowed 24/7 access to you again Yesterday?” Juno questioned no curious as well who could be visiting. Most likely out of the need to decide whether he was his casual self, or his commander self.

Personally. Lanie hoped that he'd stay his casual self.

“You two. Septum, Lance, Zara, Lyle, and Zoey. At least during this rotation.” Yesterday responded looking between them. “You two been going about your mandated stress relief activities?”

Lanie’s cheeks darkened a bit as she sent a glare in Yesterday's direction. “Not the time for that question!” She jabbed the girl in the side, causing her to yelp and flinch falling from her chair.

“Let them in before you force Lanie to paralyze you.” Juno sighed rubbing the back of his head, watching as Lanie continued jabbing Yesterday's sides.

“The door’s open! Come on in!” Yesterday yelled out causing Lanie to jump out of her skin for a moment, soon followed by the door opening to admit Lance, Septum, and someone she had never seen before.

“Did you two find a stray?” Juno questioned as Yesterday suddenly appeared next to Raishan, already measuring him with a length of measuring tape.

“He was actually sent from Mecca. Apparently we are participating in a joint experiment.” Lance said pulling Yesterday off of Raishan. “Now, now Yesterday. Can't have you harassing our guest just yet.”

“Oh come on! First person I get to meet from a different place and I can't run tests on him?! That's seriously messed up Lance. “ She whined before pointing at Juno. “Juno! Tell him I can and I'll get you that week off you wanted.”

“As much as I would like to take you up on your offer Yesterday, Lance has a point. You can't just go and probe a guest of the city. Would be bad manners.” Juno would say walking over to Raishan holding out his hand. “My name is Juno. I'm one of the Elites of Eden.”

“Raishan. First of the Brawler classification.” He said with a smile clasping Juno's hand into his own. “So what's an Elite exactly?”

Project Machina 

“Come again?” Juno questioned tilting his head, not sure if the man was joking or not. 

“What is an Elite? Ya know, compared to an Agent. What's the difference?” Raishan questioned 

“Do you not have Elites at Mecca?” Lanie questioned curiously herself, restraining herself from chuckling as she watched Yesterday reaching towards Raishan like he was the last piece of candy.

“Does your Agent corp have any female Agents?” Yesterday butted in before Raishan could answer.

Without a word. Lance walked over to Lanie holding Yesterday out to her before Lanie karate chopped her head.

“Thank you.” Lance said as Yesterday whined holding her head. “Please don't mind her, just continue as if she doesn't exist at the moment.”

“That's not fair! I can't be the only one curious!” Yesterday protested.

“We have Elites. I've just never met one, and always was curious about what made one different from your ordinary Agent.” Raishan would explain to Lanie, with further protests from Yesterday.

“The only difference between an Agent and an Elite is strength, speed, and specialization. Along with surviving five years as an Agent.” Juno would mention the four qualifications to be considered for the title of Elite. “Take me for example, I have strength and speed greater than that of your typical Agent, and I have a Specialized weapon and fighting style, the weapon being the katana. And the style being two blade style. But I also have mastery of the basic fighting styles.”

“So the difference is age. That's disappointing actually.” Raishan muttered to himself.

“Quit ignoring me!” Yesterday shouted as she continued to struggle in Lance’s hand, one of her hands going astray and catching him across the chin. Causing him to drop her, and Septum and Lanie to burst out laughing.

“I hate to take her side on this. But, it is rude.” Lanie said laughing, earning a tearful thumbs up from Yesterday.

Lance rubbed his sore chin pinning Septum with a glare, before turning to Yesterday, who was now hiding behind Lanie hissing at him.

“You can prod him a little bit. He needs a full evaluation, all the tests. And check if he is carrying any virus and needs to be quarantined. Me and Septum will be back when it's day time to pick him up.” Lance said through the momentary pain he felt. For someone so petite. Yesterday definitely packed a punch.

“Are you serious?! I can prod him?!” She’d say all excitedly quickly hurrying towards her desk as she started to hurriedly pull out all of the instruments needed for the tests.

“Are you sure she is the best one to be giving me the tests?” Raishan questioned his concern growing more and more as the conversation grew on.

“She is the only one who can see you right now, she may be a bit eccentric, but she isn’t going to kill you or do anything that would ruin your combat efficiency.” Juno started seeing that it did little to assuage Raishan’s fears. “I’ll stay here and make sure she doesn’t do anything too crazy.”

That seemed to work in assuaging the fears of the man. As he turned his attention to those who remained in the room.

“We have the night free to rest before we continue our duties?” Lance questioned almost as if he was taking the words out of Juno’s mouth.

“Yeah, all of you go home and get some rest. We’ll reconvene at the training room tomorrow morning. All of you.” Juno said, indicating to the three Agents before waving them off. “Now get going before I change my mind.

Without as much as a single word of protest Septum and Lance left the room quicker than he had ever seen them move in training. They would definitely be regretting that tomorrow.

The only ones left in the room were now him, Yesterday, Raishan, and Lanie. Who stood there awkwardly, almost as if she were thinking about refusing his orders.

Walking over to her, Juno gently cupped her cheek making her look him in the eyes. “I’ll be home before you know it, just go home and see if the medicine helps. Okay?” He said in a softer, less commanding tone. Earning a small nod as he then stepped to the side.

Before leaving, Lanie gave him a gentle hug. Not long enough to raise eyebrows, just long enough for her to feel the warmth that he was giving off. So she could remember it. Savor the feeling before she would inevitably feel cold again.

After she finally let him free, she also left the room, leaving the three of them alone in the room.

0