Five
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Debt collection was annoying. It were long, boring, bloodless, and it didn’t even pay that well.
At least, that’s what Five thought about them, she never really spoke to her team often enough to gauge their opinion on beating up random civilians to make someone else money.
Five decided to sit back for that reason, she was only really here if the debtor was too uncooperative, which they probably will be.
But for now, Five sat on a folding chair tying her white hair into pigtails, because she forgot to do that this morning which was weird considering she didn’t have enough of a morning routine to forget something like that. When the only thing you wear on a daily basis is a baby blue jumpsuit, you end up getting through your mornings quickly.
She scratched at the “05” tattooed onto her shoulder until she drew blood, she was always annoyed by how her team had used that and that alone to come up with a name for her, then again, it’s not like she could tell people her actual name.

“Yo, Fives, get over here!” Jenny called out from the manager’s office.
Five nodded and headed to the office, inside was Jenny, who was being incredibly annoyed by the manager of the store who was getting debt collected, said manager was a guy in a suit who had already been cable tied.
“Took ya long enough, he’s all yours Fi-”
“Did you seriously just bring some albino child to this interrogation?” The manager laughed. “What’s she gonna do?” He laughed again, a distinctly annoying “guy who doesn’t pay off his debt” laugh.
He wasn’t entirely wrong to think of Five as nothing more than “some albino child” at a first glance, it was a rude thing to say, sure, but not incorrect considering her pale white skin, red eyes and lack of height, or visible muscle mass; many had made his mistake before him.
Jenny chuckled as she closed the door on the two.

The man was still laughing. “Whaddaya gonna do, huh? I’m not telling you where I keep the money, kid,”
Five pulled a tape recorder from her pocket, using it to communicate.
“You- Will, or- a painful experience,” The blank, corporate voice on the tape said.
“Listen kid, watching you cry over money that ain’t yours ain’t gonna be painful, it’ll be funny more than anything,”
“Chance equals one,”
“Why are you even talking through that stupid thing? Use your words,”
Five walked up to the man with her hand in her pocket, she walked with a silent anger that made the man feel just a bit of fear.
“Do your worst, kid, c’mon,”
And her worst she did, the only thing the rest of her teammates heard for the next 10 or so minutes was the screams of the man and Five’s tape recorder occasionally saying “Safe”

Five left the room covered in blood and with the same blank expression she entered it with.
“Jeez, did he at least tell you where the safe is?” Jenny gagged a little, not at the sight of blood, but at how much Five had managed to get on herself.
“Follow me- Baseball, a ball game played betwee-” Five shut off the recorder as Jenny followed her to the safe.

Maybe Debt Collection missions weren’t that bad after all.

0