Crime Report 20: Home Invasion
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unwrapping the cloth around my right arm, I charged through the door shoulder first. The first living thing I'd see was two Paradigms who'd been standing over someone on the staircase carrying pistols. As they whipped around and saw me they frantically raised their weapons, but they wouldn't get to fire. Squeezing the trigger I pulled the slide unloading the first buckshot into the Paradigm to the right. Loading the next slug I fired into the second without giving him time to fire. I could hear shouting from upstairs mixed with the snarling of Vampyres.

"K-Kid..." I heard, then I turned to the staircase only to find Mr. Martinez lying on the stairs. He'd been shot a few times, including in the stomach and chest. I rushed to his side and wanted to try and apply some pressure on his wounds but they were too numerous. "Ah, shit... Don't worry Mr. Martinez we're gonna get you out of here."

He shook his head and grabbed me by the collar. "N-No... Get... the girls... and Iggy..." Blood filled his throat and he moved his head before coughing it out. Yayoi came to me shaking my shoulder. "Alexander... Go I got him." As our eyes met I wanted to protest and try to help her. But I had to trust her. Besides, seeing Mr. Martinez's wounds not heal, I doubted there was much to do. So I nodded. I absorbed Bethany back into my arms and manifested Tommy. Then I bolted up the stairs. Before I could step on the second floor I barely was able to duck back before a volley of bullets shot down the hall. They had Tommys as well which was going to make this a lot harder. If the bullets were enough to put a lupus down they'd be hell for a Paradigm. As the volley of bullets let up I peeked around the corner taking notice of the two enemies reloading. Taking advantage of the moment, I charged through the hall and started spraying. It was mainly to get them to back off for a moment so I could get in closer, but one of the enemies got cut down by the first spray. The other guy was a bit smarter and ducked into an open room. Absorbing the Tommy, I drew Wanda from its holster and aimed toward the wall near the door. Firing three rounds, I'd hear a body drop on the other side followed by some groaning. When I came to the door I saw the injured paradigm trying to reach for a pistol in his pant but I just clipped him with two bullets.

So far I hadn't seen Iggy or the girls meaning they probably rushed to my room to take shelter. It was the most fortified place in Dogland so that was smart. These bozos may not have been here for very long so it was a strong possibility that there were still some just roaming around. I'd have to get rid of them all before finding my friends. Looking back down the hall I began focusing my hearing to try and locate Iggy and the girls. I could hear the sounds of snarling coming from the floor above us as well as some goons losing their minds over the gunshots they heard. There were three paradigms plus a Vamp on the third floor and two more paradigms on the ground floor that I missed. I figured Yayoi could handle them at least.

Though now that I had the time to think, just handling them wasn't enough. I needed to capture at least one. "Would you like me to relay the message?" Pandora asked as she manifested herself. "Yeah... tell Yayoi to keep one of them alive." She nodded then flew off leaving me with one arm. It was enough to use Wanda and maybe the Tommy. Coming back to the staircase I slowly ascended the stairs. The Paradigms were one thing to handle but the Vamp was another. They were more up close and personal meaning Bethany would've been better to use in this occasion. Holstering Wanda I manifested Bethany but not as the full gun. My hand all the way down to my elbow became the entire barrel and slide of the shotgun, with the bayonet sticking out at the end. Jerking my arm back and forth the slide moved the same way loading the next shell. I then peeked down the hall on the third floor. I had to draw them out, make'em sloppy.

"You guys know who you're messin' with!? Your little messenger got off a lot easier than any of you will!" The enemies on the third floor got quiet. Going out there now was a one-way ticket to death's door. Then I could hear a door open and only a step was taken. Next something rolled against the ground toward me and before I knew it I was staring at a grenade. I turned around to head down the stairs but the grenade went off before I could get completely out of range. Shrapnel and shards of wood ripped into my back like bullets and I tripped down the stairs and slammed against the wall. My ears were ringing so loud I couldn't hear a damned thing. Plus my entire body quaked in pain. When I could see again I found a Paradigm standing atop the damaged staircase looking down at me. He then pointed a pistol and fired a few shots. While the first few missed a couple shot into my leg and side. I gritted my teeth trying to focus on my rage rather than the pain my body was being put through.

"Make sure he's dead," I could now hear followed by slow footsteps coming from the stairs. I wanted to retaliate but my legs wouldn't work. I tried to sit myself up but I still didn't have my other arm yet. But I needed to get up, this was not going to be the end. The miasma that made up Bethany in my left arm began to ooze from the gun's frame, growing stronger as it enveloped my body. The Paradigm who shot me fired again but I felt nothing. Instead, the Crimson miasma protected me, absorbing the bullet into the strange haze. It was then Pandora appeared beside me and knelt down patting me on the head. "Oh no... this won't do. I can't have you kill my Monster yet."

As her hand caressed the top of my head the pain vanished. The feeling in my legs returned and Pandora helped me to my feet. "W-What the hell!?" The Paradigm screamed, "But those bullets are enchanted?"

A devilish grin tugged at Pandora's lips, her eyes never leaving the frightened Paradigm. "Your Shaman's Weird Magic is mere child's play to unravel. Give up while you can little man." Pandora's form began to dissipate returning to just being my arm. Dashing up the stairs past me was Yayoi with her blade at the ready. When the Paradigm turned his attention to her, he raised his pistol to fire off more shots, only to hear a series of clicks. Yayoi drew her sword leaping up toward's her enemy. Her blade disappeared for a moment before she stopped in front of her enemy. The Paradigm stiffened then his body went limp. Yayoi stepped out of the way and sheathed her blade as the man tumbled down the stairs. It didn't look like he'd been cut, but when I checked his pulse, there was nothing.

"You alright?' Yayoi asked as she headed back down. "Y-Yeah," I replied, though honestly, I wasn't sure how I was. Then a tiny piece of wood fell out of my side. I started to feel around and noticed that the shrapnel was being pushed out all on its own. I was healing, but I hadn't had any blood yet. It wasn't as fast as usual but even that was strange. "Here," Yayoi held up her wrist to me while looking back to check for any more enemies coming our way.

"You sure?" I asked, seeming a bit hesitant given the implications. "Just do it, you need to heal." Not wanting to argue any further, I took her wrist in my hands and bit down being careful. As Yayoi's blood dripped onto my tongue I heard her whimper a bit. I guess she'd never had someone else drink from her before, but then again neither have I. It was a completely different experience drinking from a Paradigm. Everything just felt... right. My body was warming up and an intense rush overcame me. When I finished drinking, I materialized Tommy but lingered near Yayoi for a moment. As our eyes met I momentarily got lost in her gaze. The two of us were enraptured by the moment... or each other...

The sound of rapid footsteps approaching the stairs broke our little moment with a Vampyre gunning for us on all fours. I threw my arm around Yayoi's shoulder and pulled her away putting myself in between her and the Vamp. As it lunged at us, I aimed the Tommy and pulled the trigger riddling the blood psycho with a hail of bullets. As his body dropped from the air it caved in a bit of the floor right before us.

"Uh... shit... um... here," reaching into my pocket I pulled out my door key and handed it to Yayoi. "Iggy and the girls should be in my room. Check on them while I bag this last guy."

Yayoi blinked a few times, then rubbed her eyes. "Y-yeah right... I'll go do that." She stepped away from me, nearly tripping over the remains of the Paradigm she killed. "Is this really the time to be flirting right now?" Pandora asked, almost unable to contain the glee in her voice. "S-Shut-up..." I said as I started heading up the stairs. As I made it to the third floor I slowly ventured down the hall. The door to Becca and Penny's room was wide open. Though now I could smell blood, Becca's blood. Coming to the door I found the other two Paradigms feeding off of Becca, who had blood oozing from her head. Before they'd get the chance, I tossed away Tommy and drew Wanda firing two rounds to drop the first. The second Paradigm got enough time to hold Becca in front of him as a human shield.

"Careful asswipe... the girl is still alive, and if you're not careful I'll drop her head on the ground." The Paradigm held his hand near her throat. A mass of black energy formed into a blade that barely touched her neck. It was then Becca began to stir from unconsciousness. As she opened her eyes she saw me aiming the gun at the guy holding her.

"Alex..." she muttered, barely managing the energy to even say anything. "Don't worry Becks... I'm gonna get you out of here"

"You're not gonna do shit," spat the Paradigm. "Just drop the piece and walk, or the bitch gets it." I wanted to just blow his brains out right then. But the moment I even squeezed the trigger he'd just bleed her right there.

"You guys got some balls coming into my house making demands," I dropped Wanda on the ground and held my hands up. "Let her go and you can walk..."

The guy was hesitant but he did lower that magic blade. I couldn't make any sudden movements or else Becca would end up dead. I wish I could sneak an enchantment or something past this guy.

"Get away from the door," he demanded. I stepped back to the opposite wall keeping my hands up. With every step back they would come forward. When they made it to the doorway. Before Becca and the Paradigm would make it out, she rammed her elbow straight into his stomach, the Paradigm doubled over and Becca tried to get away. Yet the Paradigm recovered just enough to take a swing at her side cutting into her flesh with ease. I rushed forward as she reached for my hand, pulling her toward me. Then I morphed my free hand into Tommy once again and fired a short burst of bullets at the Paradigm hitting him twice in the chest. That'd be enough to put him down for a second, so I could focus on Becca.

"Becks! Rebecca!" I shouted as I held her in my arms. She was conscious but she was getting cold really fast. There wasn't much I could do at that moment to stop the bleeding meaning she'd more than likely bleed out all over me. There was only one thing I could think of in order to help her now. Changing my right left index finger into the bayonet tip I made a small but deep cut on my neck. I could a warmth beginning to leak out and saw blood running down my shirt. Holding Becca's head close to my neck I whispered, "Drink Rebecca... It's your only shot to live..."

Thankfully she'd been conscious enough to do as she was told. As her lips pressed against my neck I could feel as she licked any drop of my blood as she could. I slumped against the wall as I let Becca feed. The more she fed the more aggressive she'd get with it. Clutching me tightly as she drank whatever she could of my blood. I heard it was normal for humans who got the taste of Paradigm blood to go a little crazy for a second, but I didn't think she'd get this rough. I could've sworn her fangs would just sprout out and she'd tear out my throat.

After a minute, Becca finally calmed down and even began to fall asleep. I checked her side for the wound and I felt so relieved that the injury had closed up. She'd be asleep for a while during her transition meaning we'd probably need to find her some human blood, and fast. Looking in the doorway I noticed the Paradigm I gunned down was still squirming around. Good... I thought I killed him for a moment. Setting Becca down on the floor I stood up and trudged my way over to my enemy. My arms began to take form in the crimson haze. It was like I had armor strapped to my arms or something. Taking the Paradigm by the collar I lifted him up to meet my eyes.

"You don't get to die just yet... You've got some questions to answer..." 

0