Chapter 45: Partner
88 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45: Partner

After learning about various aspects of a spirit master, Ain was tempted to delve into everything.

With his innate ability, Wisdom Root, learning, memorizing, and understanding new information was a nonissue. The only problem was a lack of time and funds. To dabble in professions such as alchemists, blacksmiths, artificers, and mechanics, copious amounts of time were required.

Moreover, all these professions required expensive equipment and resources to practice. With Ain's current finances, it was futile.

For now, Ain decided to follow the traditional path of a spirit master and concentrate on alchemy. It was beneficial if he could create tailor-made medicines for himself.

While exploring the spirit master inheritance, Ain was constantly exposed to new information. He found something interesting about spells as he studied. There was a set of core spells that spirit masters and the various professions required. These were spells like Telekinesis and Spirit Combustion—both of which were Rank-1 core spells.

Telekinesis allowed one to manipulate objects using spirit energy, and Spirit Combustion allowed one to ignite spirit energy, turning it into a pseudo-flame. The latter was used as a catalyst by alchemists and spirit masters.

But his most important find was that spells could be upgraded. He initially believed that all his Rank-1 spells would become redundant at Rank-2, and that was indeed the case to some extent.

Rank-1 spells were less complex, and there was a limit to the maximum power they could exhibit. They were inadequate for a Rank-2 Spirit Tamer. A Rank-1 spell in the hands of a Rank-2 Spirit Tamer wouldn't necessarily be more powerful.

But this problem could be resolved by upgrading the spells. As long as one's understanding and comprehension were sufficient, a spirit tamer could attempt to strengthen their spells, increasing their ranks.

At lower ranks, this issue was not as relevant. Upgraded versions of common spells could be purchased or acquired through various means. But this ceased to be the case at higher ranks.

It was difficult to find high-rank spells, whether they be upgraded spells or powerful new spells. These were some of the most closely guarded secrets of high-rank spirit tamers. Powerful organizations and families were founded on these secret spells and techniques.

In the inheritance book, Ain found different versions of spells like Telekinesis and Spirit Combustion, ranging from Rank-1 to Rank-4. These could serve as examples for Ain as he attempted to upgrade his own spells in the future. With his innate talent, it was a given that he would take this path.

Although it was only mentioned in passing, Ain also learned that spirit beast and spirit pet skills were similar. They could be comprehended, taught, and upgraded. He had yet to study the relevant sections, but the introduction had already given him a glimpse of a few things.

With this exciting future ahead of him, Ain left for the park to complete his daily training. He didn't have enough time to study the spells in the inheritance today. Ain decided to reach mastery in Spirit Blast and Shield before attempting to learn any more spells.

And he still required a few days of theoretical studies before making any practical use of the information he learned.

After practicing Spirit Blast and Shield, Ain consumed a Blood Refinement Pill and began his body tempering training.

At night, Ain glanced through the group chat and found nothing of interest. The day ended with another meditation session.

...

It was a Friday morning, and a few days had passed since Ain began studying the spirit master inheritance.

With his foundation and innate ability, he made rapid progress in this endeavor. As he continued his spirit master studies, Ain's primary focus was on alchemy. He wanted to be self-sufficient for his medicinal needs and find ways to better nurture Nox.

After learning some foundational knowledge, Ain planned on putting it into practice. He found the formula for a simple medicinal pill he was familiar with, the Spirit Recovery Pill.

Of course, this was just a Rank-0 Spirit Recovery Pill. Some of the common pills, like the Spirit Recovery Pills and Spirit Condensing Pills, had varying ranks. The ones Ain regularly consumed were Rank-1 pills.

As a beginner, Ain started with simple Rank-0 pills. In reality, it was more practical to start out with unranked medicines. But he saw no need to do so, and neither did the inheritance book.

At the moment, Ain was on his way to Liberty Firm with a few objectives in mind. His main objective was to purchase an alchemy set. Alchemy required tools and instruments that he clearly lacked. He had a rough estimation of their prices, and they were affordable to him; at least the beginner sets were.

Next, he planned to purchase the materials required for the Rank-0 Spirit Recovery Pills. The main ingredient was the Threadleaf Grass, which was familiar to Ain.

He also wanted to restock the medicinal pills and resources they often used. Nox's Ectoplasm was nearly depleted.

Ain still planned to continue his weekly trips, so resupplying was also on the agenda.

As he thought of his plans, the hoverbus arrived at its destination, and he quickly alighted. Ain passed by a few skyscrapers and a large training facility, where spirit tamers could be seen training and arrived at Liberty Firm.

He looked up at the superstructure, adorned in black, purple, and white, before walking in through the automatic glass doors. The interior was bright as he made his way up towards the higher floors.

Ain came prepared and soon arrived at his destination. After a quick look around, he found the beginner alchemy set amongst a plethora of tools and instruments. He moved around with practiced ease and rounded up a few other items not included in the alchemy set.

Then, Ain arrived at the familiar section for resources and purchased the required materials for the Rank-0 Spirit Recovery Pills. The main ingredient was the Rank-0 Threadleaf Grass—the same ones Ain harvested during his trip to the Duskfield Forest. At that time, he submitted them as a mission to the Spirit Tamer Association for 30 star coins per stalk. Now, he purchased them for 33 star coins.

 

Ain had considered going to the Duskfield Forest to harvest them himself but ultimately decided against it. With his abilities as an Intermediate Rank-1 Spirit Tamer, it was highly inefficient to harvest Rank-0 resources. It was better to just purchase them, along with all the supplementary materials.

Afterward, Ain restocked the Spirit Recovery Pills, Spirit Condensing Pills, Blood Refinement Pills, Ectoplasm, and some miscellaneous items for his trip.

The shop assistant retrieved all of Ain's selections before giving him the total. “Your total is 407,400 star coins.”

Hearing the total, Ain sighed internally and paid it with a calm expression. The alchemy set and extra tools alone cost 260,000. Although the ones Ain bought were the cheapest available, they were crafted from special materials suitable for alchemy, which raised their price.

After paying, Ain asked a question. “Do you sell Essence Heart Pills?”

He didn't find any in the catalog, but he still decided to inquire.

Hearing the question, the shop assistant replied with an apologetic expression, “I'm sorry, we don't have Essence Heart Pills for sale.”

Ain didn't have any expectations, but he was still let down by the answer.

“But there are opportunities to obtain them by becoming our partner,” the shop assistant continued.

Ain immediately perked up when he heard the second part.

“Can you provide more details?” Ain asked.

“Yes, you can sign a partnership contract with Liberty Firm. We will purchase resources from you at a discounted price. As long as you meet a minimum quota each month, you can receive various useful perks and benefits such as discounts, priority reservations, and access to an internal auction where Essence Heart Pills sometimes appear.”

The shop assistant explained patiently as Ain listened. He found this to be a good deal. He had made multiple trips in just one month, with his total earnings exceeding one million star coins.

Although some of the harvest had been submitted to the Spirit Tamer Association, most of it was sold to Liberty Firm. Moreover, Ain frequently visited Liberty Firm to make purchases.

If he became a partner, it would be no different from before. He would just be selling and buying with discounts, along with some other benefits, the greatest of which was the chance to purchase Essence Heart Pills.

Ain wasn't in a hurry to agree. “How much are the discounts and the minimum quota?”

“There are different levels of partnerships. With a basic partnership, we will purchase at a 10% discount, and you'll receive a 5% discount on your purchases. As for the quota, you need to sell resources worth at least 200,000 star coins.”

“Furthermore, to qualify for a basic partnership, you have to be a Rank-1 Spirit Tamer. Higher levels of partnerships have different requirements and incentives, and you have to be Rank-2 or above to qualify for them."

Ain gave it some thought. Of course, due to his innate ability, it took less than a second before he replied, “Alright, I'll become a partner.”

This was a deal beneficial for both parties. According to Ain's trade history, his sales were higher than his purchases. He would still benefit even if there was a 5% difference in the discounts.

On the other hand, with this partnership, Liberty Firm could guarantee a constant flow of cash and resources through their stores.

The shop assistant smiled upon Ain's agreement and led him to complete the procedures.

Please comment and review! It motivates me to continue and helps me improve as a writer.

Read 1 chapter ahead on Patreon for FREE!

You can support me on Patreon to read up to 16 chapters ahead and access some bonus content!

patreon.com/ForsakenHaven

7