Chapter 52: Blood Origin Technique
83 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Review Time!

+1 chapter for every 3 reviews for a total of 9 chapters!

Chapter 52: Blood Origin Technique

Ain searched Cyberspace and finally found the relevant information.

Spirit tamers possessed some special privileges that ordinary people didn’t have. One of them was the ability to apply for a temporary license with the Spirit Tamer Association to raise an uncontracted spirit beast within the city.

Spirit tamers often purchased their spirit pets from the market, but it also wasn’t rare for them to raise spirit beasts they wished to contract in the future. In fact, it was common for spirit tamers to decide on their future spirit pets early and prepare by either searching for them or nurturing them beforehand.

That being the case, as the name suggests, the temporary license was only valid for a set duration, which usually wasn’t long. Moreover, each uncontracted spirit beast needed a separate license, and their ranks must be low.

Luckily, Ain could satisfy all the requirements for the temporary licenses. He decided to go to the Spirit Tamer Association first thing in the morning to settle this issue.

He wasn’t sure about the duration of the temporary license, as no information was provided, but Ain didn’t need it to be too long. He expected to become a certified spirit master within the next few months. At that point, he wouldn’t require the temporary license.

After learning of this, Ain felt more relaxed as his biggest concern regarding the situation was solved.

Something interesting Ain discovered during his search was some information regarding spirit masters. Spirit masters were sought after no matter where they appeared. As such, there were various paths available to them. Some joined large organizations to dedicate their services, while others remained free, opting to open their own businesses or workshops.

And among them, some of the workshops resembled daycares but for spirit pets and spirit beasts. Some even specialized solely in the long-term nurturing of spirit beasts entrusted to them by spirit tamers. The spirit beasts would stay there until the spirit tamers had the ability to form a new contract.

Ain wasn’t sure of his future path as a spirit master, so he kept this information in mind.

Now that the issue with the pups was settled, Ain fed them with the food he purchased earlier and left them in the care of Nox and the cat.

He glanced at the black spear in the corner before moving his gaze to one of the waist bags on the table. Ain had held back his curiosity for the past couple of hours, and now was the time to finally satisfy it.

Just from the circumstances surrounding the event, he knew that this item couldn’t be ordinary. The old man’s power was beyond Ain’s ability to gauge. From the conversation he heard between the old man and the red-haired law enforcement officer, the old man seemed to have been marked in some way, allowing the law enforcement officers to track him.

In that case, the old man probably wasn’t confident in his escape and hid this item to prevent it from falling into the law enforcement officer’s hands.

Opening the bag, Ain retrieved a dull-brown, leather-bound book from within. He was already aware that it was a book when he first picked it up. And this was exactly what excited him even more.

To a spirit tamer, there was only one precious thing in a book, and that was knowledge. It could be a meditation technique, body tempering technique, spells, or even knowledge relating to a profession.

Ain currently lacked all of these, so regardless of what was in the book, it had a high probability of being beneficial to him.

He turned the book around a couple of times to observe the exterior. There were no markings on the cover, and its craftsmanship suggested that this book was assembled by hand.

With anticipation, Ain finally opened the book. But as soon as his senses took in what was before him, Ain frowned.

There were dark-red characters on the thick, yellow pages, and a strong smell of blood assaulted his nose. With Ain’s cognitive abilities, he instantly realized that the book was handwritten with blood instead of ink. Furthermore, the smell of blood was unexpectedly strong, contrary to the amount of dried blood on the pages.

There were no such signs before he opened the book, as if the book served to seal the scent.

After a slight pause, Ain focused on the text.

He only cast a cursory glance over all the pages, and it was enough for him to understand what was recorded. This was a meditation technique called the Blood Origin Technique, which was the primary technique that members of the Order of Blood Origin practiced.

This technique was obviously incomplete, but it could still allow one to practice it until Rank-4. It focused solely on the blood attribute, and practicing the technique could strengthen a spirit tamer’s blood attribute spells and grant some unique abilities.

Before this, Ain had heard of meditation techniques that had specific attributes, but he was unsure of the specific benefits they provided until now.

The first benefit was increased training speed if you contracted a spirit pet with the same attribute.

The second benefit was similar to a weakened version of an affinity-type innate talent. They could slightly augment spells of the same attribute. But unlike the affinity-type innate talents, the augment was minor.

The third, and most interesting benefit, was unique abilities. Different meditation techniques offered various unique abilities, with exceptions being techniques like the Basic Meditation Technique.

The abilities could vary greatly, with some insignificant ones being increased physical toughness, the ability to breathe underwater, night vision, etc. The more significant ones could be flight, transforming into special physiques, qualifications to use special spells, etc.

The latter was the case for the Blood Origin Technique. There was a set of spells matching this technique, requiring one to practice the technique to different stages to unlock the ability to use the spells. But even after searching through the entire book, Ain failed to find the spells or even their names.

He could only sadly come to terms with this fact.

Ain looked at the book with hesitation. He was pondering whether or not to practice the technique.

The most compelling reason to do so was the technique’s high upper limit. The Basic Meditation Technique could only be practiced until one reached Rank-2. Meaning, he could only condense his second spirit ring. A new technique would be required to continue his progress through Beginner Rank-2 and beyond.

But it didn’t take long for Ain to shoot down the idea. The high upper limit was tempting, but there were more reasons for him not to practice this technique.

This was the primary technique of the Order of Blood Origin, which was hated worldwide. If he practiced the technique and was then discovered doing so, the consequences would be dire.

Furthermore, their attributes didn’t match. Nox was a ghost-attribute spirit pet. Ain’s first spirit ring also inherited that attribute, inclining him towards the same. If anything, he preferred a ghost-attribute meditation technique.

But it couldn’t be said that he didn’t gain anything either. This technique added to his database for Analysis and Deduction, which was the reason why Ain craved techniques and spells.

Of course, other than this, there was another surprise at the end of the book, where he found pages that were clearly added later.

Unlike the rest of the book, they didn’t record a meditation technique but a potion formula.

The potion was called the Blood Potential Potion. Reading through the formula, as well as its description, Ain gained a clear picture of the Order’s objectives, at least a minor one.

The Blood Potential Potion could be consumed to make quick progress through the ranks of a spirit tamer, bypassing the talent limitations.

The main ingredient was something called Blood Essence, which could be extracted from spirit tamers, especially the ones with high potential, such as young spirit tamers. This matched with the prior information Ain discovered about the Order.

Talent was one of the greatest shackles that limited a spirit tamer. To those who had exhausted their potential and were unable to make any more progress, the Blood Potential Potion was akin to a divine medicine. They would readily shed their morality to harvest spirit tamers like livestock, killing them to extract their Blood Essence, all to continue their path as a spirit tamer.

The Blood Potential Potion was more of a lethal temptation to old spirit tamers, whose lifespan was about to be exhausted. Whether to bypass the talent limitation or to make quick progress, these old spirit tamers would give anything to reach the next rank, which would subsequently extend their life.

Now it made sense to Ain why the Order of Blood Origin was also referred to as a plague. No matter where they appeared, there would never be a lack of spirit tamers to fill their ranks, and they would spread like a disease.

As long as one practiced the Blood Origin Technique, they would qualify to use Blood Extraction, a blood spell paired with the meditation technique. The sole purpose of Blood Extraction was to extract the Blood Essence from spirit tamers, thus leading to all those dried-up corpses in the news.

Although Ain possessed the recipe, he lacked Blood Essence and even the spell to extract it. But even if he did have them, it was unlikely for him to take this path.

Ain glanced at the time, noting that it was still evening. He placed the book under his bed before retrieving the spirit master inheritance book.

He had already mastered all the spells he had learned. It was time to study Telekinesis and Spirit Combustion, two of the Rank-1 core spells listed in the inheritance book.

Ain wanted to attempt making Rank-1 medicinal pills, and these spells were a prerequisite.

Please comment and review! It motivates me to continue and helps me improve as a writer.

Read 1 chapter ahead on Patreon for FREE!

You can support me on Patreon to read up to 16 chapters ahead and access some bonus content!

patreon.com/ForsakenHaven

6