Chapter 55: The Academy’s Response
84 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Review Time!

+1 chapter for every 3 reviews for a total of 9 chapters!

Progress: 0/9 chapters

Chapter 55: The Academy’s Response

Red Oak Spirit Academy

After the academy became aware of the incident, an emergency meeting was called. All the teachers, whether they were the teachers in charge of the classes or taught the other subjects, gathered with solemn expressions, already aware of the incident. The administrative staff also joined this urgent meeting.

Various discussions arose amongst them, many chastising the immoral actions of the Order of Blood Origin, as others discussed the effects of the incident. Teacher Turner was among them, discussing with Teacher Hayes and the teacher in charge of Class G, Teacher Linus.

“These scoundrels are becoming more audacious recently. To think they’d attack our students so blatantly,” Teacher Hayes spoke with visible anger. Not only Teacher Hayes, but the entire meeting hall was also filled with a murderous aura, like a suppressed storm just waiting to wreak havoc.

The stifling feeling would send shivers down their students’ spines if they were to be present. Their impressions of the teachers were limited to their attitudes in the classroom, where the teachers reined in their power and emanated a calm and steady aura. Because of this, the students often overlooked the fact that their teachers were all powerful spirit tamers.

Although Duskfield City was a relatively smaller city in the Emerald Garden, the minimum requirement for employment as a teacher at a spirit academy was still Beginner Rank-2. To become a teacher in charge, not only did they have to reach Intermediate Rank-2, but they also needed to be certified as Junior Grade-1 Spirit Masters.

But due to the intense competition during recruitment, the teachers’ qualifications often exceeded the minimum requirements. Most of the teachers in the meeting hall were at Intermediate Rank-2, and there was no lack of Advanced Rank-2. There were even a few who surpassed Rank-2.

“Hmph, I feel so angry! It’s very difficult to find their traces. Even when you encounter them, they’re usually grunts who know nothing,” Teacher Linus replied to Teacher Hayes with irritation in her voice.

Teacher Turner stood quietly with a frown on his face. The other two looked at him, and Teacher Hayes asked, “Turner, what are you thinking about?”

Teacher Turner glanced at his two colleagues, still sporting the same frown on his tanned face, before speaking, “The Order of Blood Origin isn’t simple. Their model of operation has always been the same. Only a few core members appear in various places and recruit a large number of followers. In every city, there is never a lack of desperate spirit tamers willing to do anything for the Blood Potential Potion.”

Hearing this, his two colleagues also gave it some thought. Indeed, they were also aware of this issue. No matter how many peripheral members were eliminated, more would appear. As teachers at a spirit academy, they were well aware of the large number of untalented spirit tamers born every year.

After a short pause, Teacher Turner continued, “It is difficult to resist this temptation. Some of our past students might be among the ones who give in. What I fear even more is if the current students…”

Teacher Turner didn’t finish his thoughts, but the other two understood the implications, causing them to also frown.

This wasn’t an issue before the Order targeted their city. But now that they were here, a new avenue had become available for the wicked. Wickedness existed in everyone’s heart. Some buried it deep, while others displayed it openly. The Order of Blood Origin’s presence in the city was a moral test for their students.

The three hoped that the Morality and Ethics classes could play their intended role. But alas, the power of words was with the beholder, and they couldn’t control what their students thought.

Amidst the discussion, three figures walked in through the doors, silencing the room. In the front was a bald, middle-aged man with large muscles that were almost bursting out of his navy-blue suit. His expression was neutral, making it difficult to read his thoughts. This was the principal of Red Oak Spirit Academy, Eldert Green.

He was followed by an old man and another middle-aged man, similarly, dressed in suits. The old man on the right had a long gray beard and an amicable smile on his face. The middle-aged man on the left had brown hair and a mustache. His eyes were narrowed, reflecting his shrewdness. These two were Vice Principal Salvian and Vice Principal Pictor, respectively.

If Ain were here, he would recognize Vice Principal Salvian as the old man he met at the spell repository.

After they reached the end of the meeting hall, the doors mysteriously closed on their own, signifying the start of the meeting.

Immediately after, silence pervaded the room. Principal Green and the two vice principals observed the crowd before Vice Principal Pictor broke the silence, “I’m sure you’re all aware of why you’re gathered here. Teacher Pavia, please report the incident.”

At Vice Principal Pictor’s request, a teacher walked out from the crowd and narrated the incident. She had personally visited and interviewed a couple of the surviving students. The report was clear and concise, much more detailed than what Ain gathered through the group chat.

When the report was finished, Teacher Pavia returned to her previous position, and Vice Principal Pictor took over once more.

“Now that you have a better idea of the incident, I’ll move on to our academy’s internal response. For the next three days, students are required to attend classes. The Morality and Ethics classes are required to present special lectures during the class periods for these days.

“All the teachers in charge must also discuss this incident with the students, advising them against venturing out of the city. If they must go out to train, the company of stronger spirit tamers is recommended. Furthermore, during classes, be mindful and carefully observe all the students. I’m sure you understand what I mean.”

Vice Principal Pictor revealed the academy’s action plan. His tone turned cold towards the end, and his already narrow eyes squinted even further.

The teachers nodded firmly, reading between the lines.

After finishing his piece, Vice Principal Pictor stepped back, and everyone’s attention landed on Principal Green, who stood between the two vice principals.

Principal Green spoke calmly, “In this city, there are numerous spirit academies, and the death of nine students is not enough to cause such disturbance. But this incident mustn’t be undermined, as it can set a precedent for those who harbor evil intentions.

“After reaching a consensus among the spirit academies, we jointly implored the City Lord to take drastic measures to combat the Order of Blood Origin. We received affirmation that the city will justly respond to these transgressions.

“As an educational institute, our priority is to educate the students. We will follow Vice Principal Pictor’s action plan and let the city engage the enemies.”

Principal Green stated the academy’s external response and allowed the teachers to ponder. After a few seconds, one of the teachers raised his hand, requesting the right to speak.

Principal Green nodded with the same stoic face that he maintained since his appearance.

“Principal, has there been any response from the Spirit Tamer Association?”

Hearing this question, the other teachers were also curious and looked towards the principal. As the principal of a spirit academy, Principal Green could directly contact the city officials. But this status was irrelevant to the Spirit Tamer Association. The only reason the teacher asked this question was because Principal Green was the younger brother of Adam Green, the president of the Spirit Tamer Association in Duskfield City.

Feeling everyone’s gazes, Principal Green replied expressionlessly, “The Spirit Tamer Association has always opposed the Order of Blood Origin. The Association, along with many other organizations, will collaborate with the city in an effort to eliminate the Order from our city.”

Principal Green’s words displayed the magnitude of the movement within the city caused by the Order of Blood Origin. The teachers weren’t dimwitted. They realized that the city and large organizations were better aware of the dangers represented by the Order of Blood Origin. Their response wasn’t just due to this incident.

The meeting continued for a little longer before it concluded. It was about to be evening when the attendees received the summons, and most of them had to rush over. And by the time they left, the sky was almost dark.

The meeting took place simultaneously as Ain learned of the news from Hugo.

As he was considering his following actions, he received a notification from the academy, informing him of the mandatory attendance for the following three days.

‘It must be related to the incident.’ It was easy for Ain to guess the reason. He paid some attention to the cat and the pups before ending the day with meditation.

The next day, Ain awoke at his usual time and arrived at the building for Class B.

As he walked in, he noted that the class was quieter compared to before, and most of the discussions were about what happened yesterday.

Marius, who rarely interacted with the class, was surrounded by a few students. His injuries were light; thus he had recovered after receiving treatment the day prior. With his usual aloof tone, he was casually explaining the incident to the onlookers.

As Ain glanced at him, Marius happened to shift his gaze, and their eyes met. But having had no prior engagements, the two looked away soon and continued with their actions.

Ain took his seat, awaiting Hugo and Teacher Turner’s arrival.

Please comment and review! It motivates me to continue and helps me improve as a writer.

Read 1 chapter ahead on Patreon for FREE!

You can support me on Patreon to read up to 16 chapters ahead and access some bonus content!

patreon.com/ForsakenHaven

5