Chapter 103: One Form True Spirit Technique
58 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 103: One Form True Spirit Technique

Nox’s experience with the Vital Harmony Spring wasn’t as painful or unpleasant as Ain’s, likely due to their differing physiques. Within thirty minutes, it reached the limits of Intermediate Rank-1, and its physique strengthened to Advanced Rank-1. Once Ain broke through to Advanced Rank-1, Nox wouldn’t face any obstacles doing so either.

After consuming two bottles of Vital Harmony Spring, there were four more remaining, which Ain stored for future use. One bottle was destined for the cat once they formed a contract.

Putting the Vital Harmony Spring aside, he visited the Cyberspace transmission hub nearby to complete his latest transactions with Goddess Nocturnal and Green Water. After returning home, Ain ignored his daily studies and entered the training room eagerly.

The training room’s interior was a dull white, comprised of special alloys capable of withstanding attacks below Rank-3. It included a pre-installed strength measurement device, which Ain didn’t care for. With his increasing abilities, his own intuition served better in examining his strength, and practical testing through battle was preferred.

With the bright lights shining overhead, Ain stretched his muscles briefly before consuming a Blood Refinement Pill. As a faint heat, much weaker than before, emerged within his body, he assumed the Prowling Tiger stance and began his body tempering. The weakening effects of the Blood Refinement Pills ascertained his physique on the verge of reaching Beginner Rank-2.

A faint burning sensation in his muscles slowly crept up as his spirit energy circulated according to the Prowling Tiger Technique. Amidst his patient training, thirty minutes soon elapsed. Ain relaxed his stance and pondered on the faint sense of exhaustion, “I’ve mastered the Prowling Tiger Technique… I need a new body tempering technique to continue.”

Withstanding thirty minutes in the Prowling Tiger stance marked completion for this technique. There would be no benefits upon further practice. Ain didn’t waste time with the follow-up martial arts practice. It was still afternoon, much earlier than his usual time for body tempering. This brief session was just to confirm his suspicion.

Taking a seat on the resting bench, Ain brought up his hololink and searched for body tempering techniques. Unlike meditation techniques and spells, there were more body tempering techniques and martial arts available for purchase, but most of them were even worse than the Prowling Tiger Technique. Although the Prowling Tiger Technique wasn’t superb, it didn’t possess any obvious drawbacks or side-effects, which couldn’t be said about the ones before him.

As Ain browsed various trading forums across the federation, he suddenly came across an interesting post:

[West Bridge City Largus Family’s One Form True Spirit Technique! Get Your Copy for 20 Energy Crystals Before They Catch Me!]

Looking at the eye-catching title, Ain couldn’t help but open the post. Inside, there was no additional text or explanation, only a button for initiating the transaction. However, Ain was certain that this was a body tempering technique, after all, he’d applied the relevant filters for this search.

Moreover, the plethora of comments below provided him with the missing details. West Bridge City was in the Ivory Wilds, one of the continent-sized islands comprising the Dawnstar Archipelago, similar to the Emerald Garden. The Largus family seemed to be a spirit tamer family residing in West Bridge City.

A few years ago, an ancient ruin was discovered near West Bridge City, prompting all the powers nearby to explore. Numerous bloody conflicts arose during the exploration, subsequently leading to countless deaths. However, the only significant discovery within the ruins was an incomplete body tempering technique, which was ultimately possessed by the Largus family with tyrannical methods. This technique, of course, was the One Form True Spirit Technique.

The comments were filled with discussions, mostly between locals, as they recounted the events. A few comments with verified purchases even authenticated the technique. The One Form True Spirit Technique was indeed incomplete, only reaching Advanced Rank-2, but its quality was claimed to be extraordinary. To them, 20 energy crystals were a bargain.

Ain observed the comments intently as he was also tempted. The technique’s incompleteness was cause for no concern, as he’d yet to even reach Beginner Rank-2. What he really cared about was the technique’s quality. If the claims were true, then studying this technique could be very beneficial.

Ain glanced at his updated balance of over 800 energy crystals before initiating a transaction. He was willing to part with 20 energy crystals if it turned out to be an elaborate scam. Of course, he used his ghost account for the sake of precaution.

Within minutes, Ain received a digital file as 20 energy crystals were deducted from his account. He only glanced at it briefly for confirmation before backtracking through the previous trading posts. After spending another 22 energy crystals, he obtained a few more, carefully selected, body tempering techniques. Their ranks were low, with only one reaching Beginner Rank-2, but they were sufficient for the purposes of studying.

As the digital copies arrived one after another, Ain’s heart was filled with unexpected happiness. After three months of yearning, he’d finally set off on this endeavor to accumulate a large number of techniques and spells. These easily obtainable body tempering techniques were just the beginning.

Propelled by the momentum, Ain purchased a handful of martial arts and spear techniques as well. Meditation techniques, spells, body tempering techniques, weapon techniques, and martial arts were all based on spirit energy manipulation, albeit for different purposes. They were all ranked accordingly as well.

The highest-level spear techniques and martial arts he purchased were Advanced Rank-1, which was sufficient for Ain’s current needs, and they only cost him 6.43 million star coins.

“Now, I only need to focus on obtaining meditation techniques and spells in the short-term.” Ain thought, sorting through his purchases. Then, he projected the One Form True Spirit body tempering technique from his hololink and began studying it. His innate abilities, Analysis and Deduction were ever active, assisting him in the process.

Thirty minutes later, Ain set aside his hololink and contemplated.

The One Form True Spirit Technique was incomplete, and now he understood why. Aside from missing the sections after Advanced Rank-2, the technique in itself was just a supplement for another meditation technique. Without this missing meditation technique, the body tempering technique could only exhibit minimal effects.

However, these diminished effects were still vastly superior to the Prowling Tiger Technique, prompting Ain to wonder about its complete effects

The concept of synergizing meditation techniques and body tempering techniques was very intriguing to him. He’d also learned of spells corresponding to specific meditation techniques before. The Secret Phantom Technique he practiced included Secret Phantasm, a ghost spell that he could use at Advanced Rank-1.

With the meditation technique serving as the foundation, it was possible to synergize spells and body tempering techniques. If Ain studied myriad techniques to condense their advantages into a set of techniques, how powerful would these techniques be? Others may ridicule the audacity of an Intermediate Rank-1 Spirit Tamer to aim so high, but with Analysis and Deduction, this wasn’t a pipe dream.

Once this thought appeared, Ain couldn’t erase it from his mind, and neither did he wish to do so. He’d already planned to modify and create his own techniques, so how different was it to link everything together to accomplish even more?

Furthermore, he’d already discovered the first link in this grand scheme, which was the core concept of the One Form True Spirit Technique!

The foundation of body tempering techniques was to use spirit energy to strengthen one’s body. The One Form True Spirit Technique accomplished this task exceptionally well with its special circulation method. However, it possessed another special feature, which was to absorb ludicrous amounts of spirit energy in a short period of time!

This effect far exceeded the recovery rate of a meditation technique like the Secret Phantom Technique. Meditation techniques used the spirit core to absorb ambient spirit energy, whereas the One Form True Spirit Technique directly utilized the body.

This unique feature was very attractive to Ain, and he planned to study it deeply. As long as he comprehended this core concept, the missing portion of the technique was irrelevant to him. He could even abandon this technique altogether and incorporate this concept into another technique.

With his spirit invigorated, Ain reviewed the technique once more before beginning his practice. Unlike the Prowling Tiger Technique, there were no specific movements associated with the One Form True Spirit Technique. It was sufficient to circulate his spirit energy accordingly. Applying physical stress, such as practicing martial arts, could further boost its effectiveness.

Hence, after a few successful circulations, Ain began to practice his usual martial arts routine. The martials arts and spear techniques he purchased earlier were to be studied later.

It’d been a week since Ain consumed the Vital Harmony Spring. With each passing day, he inched closer to Advanced Rank-1. He’d also studied all the martial arts and spear techniques he’d purchased, greatly enhancing his close combat skills.

Ain discovered that these techniques were similar to spells as it was possible to master numerous martial arts and weapon techniques. With his high comprehension, he understood the simple concepts behind these techniques and mastered them swiftly. With some practice, he could execute them naturally.

Of course, the highlight of the week was still the One Form True Spirit Technique. Where the Prowling Tiger Technique fell short, the One Form True Spirit Technique could still provide further improvements. Moreover, Ain couldn’t get enough of rapidly absorbing large amounts of spirit energy!

Aside from these, his usual programs didn’t fall behind. He was meticulous with the AMD research and alchemy practice, making great strides in the latter. However, this improvement paled in comparison to his recent progress as a spirit master.

With the setting sun outside his window, Ain set down the spirit master inheritance book and leaned back into the chair comfortably. A smile graced his lips as he thought, “It’s time to officially become a spirit master!”

patreon.com/SkyLimitless

4