Soiree
42 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Madame Maxime was patiently waiting until all of the first years had made their way into the entrance hall.

“Dear Students. I have the pleasant job to open up the first Soiree for this year. You should have already been informed by your heads of house but as the first month should have been quite hectic I will remind you once again. Your parents will come in earlier to give you all a chance to lead them across the premises. It is your first Soiree and first time meeting your family since starting school so I’m quite certain you have quite a bit to tell them.

Dinner will begin at six am, the dance at seven and I expect you all to be punctual and do our school honour. 

Please note that for the following Soirees you will have to keep the same schedule as every other student and this extra time is just an amenity for the very first time.

I wish you all a pleasant time and for you all to have an enjoyable time.”

Polite clapping immediately ensued as Madame Maxime stepped to the site, to join the heads of house as parents slowly started to come in.

Sen was standing in the last row, she had already been informed that her parents would be brought and therefore would arrive a bit later. Still she was excited!

Fleur glanced at her before the girl was stepping towards her own parents, getting swooped into a hug and to be honest… Sen could only stare.

Fleur's mother… was…. was… insanely beautiful. She had thought that Fleur was already a goddess but Fleur's mother? even more so. How was this even possible?

Fleur seemed to avidly chatter with her family before she pulled her mother by her hand to pull her towards Rosene.

The half-veela had the same silver blonde hair and the same dark blue eyes as Fleur.

The woman smiled down at the italian, offering her hand “You must be Rosene, right? Such a pleasure to meet you. Fleur wrote so much about you. I’m Apolline Delacour, Fleur's mother.”

Honestly Rosenee couldn’t hide her blush at the beautiful woman in front of her “I… eh… Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Delacour.”

“Oh no, dear. Call me Apolline.”

A short and plump man stepped next to her, he had a little, very pointed black beard and short but carefully groomed black hair. He was far less attractive then Apolline but his kind and jovial smile made up for it. He also extended his hand towards the Italian who, still stunned, accepted “I’m Aloys, don’t you dare use formalities with me. I’m just glad our Fleur already made such a good friend.”

He was carrying a small, probably three our blonde child on his arm “This is Gabrielle, Fleurs little sister.”

Fleur was already reaching for her and the father gently let her take her little sister. Fleur hugged her sibling with a blinding smile, before taking the little hand of her shy sister to wave it at Rosene.

Fleur grinned “I’m going with my parents now. You have to introduce me to your brother at dinner, yeah? You talk so much about him I just can’t wait!”

Rosene nodded “Sure… so… see you at dinner?”

Fleur grinned, already skipping forwards as her parents followed her, not before waving another time at the Italian witch.

Rosene stepped back to lean against the wall, just watching the entrance hall slowly empty, some parents were still chatting with the teachers but at this point… she was the only student without parents and she was fumbling with her skirt.

She had actually taken care to dress herself today. Fleur had helped her with her hair and the booch with the housecrest had been polished. Professeur Dansk had even taught them how to make it sparkle.

She was fiddling with her skirt though, something her etiquette teacher had already chastised her for. Still…

She could hear the voice of the Deputy headmaster next to her “Sinclair?”

Her head snapped up and her face lit up as she jumped into the arms of her father who stood closest. her mother was already on her site as well.

Rosene practically hugged her parents with all she had, tears in her eyes and listening to the rapid italian her mother was spouting. She had missed this so much.

Her father placed another kiss on her head before setting her down, to be honest, Sen didn’t want to let go.

He chuckled, “principessa? We didn’t come alone.”

Her head snapped up once again “You…”

He smiled as he stepped aside and her eyes fell on her brother, who sheepishly stood behind them, actually wearing a dressing shirt over his jeans, clearly dressed up a little.

Renato tilted his head, a slight smirk on his lips, hands in his pockets “Well… I thought you would die if you didn't see me for so long.”

She practically tackled him and the boy fell straight on his behind but his arms were around his sister just as quick. 

Sen actually couldn’t hold her tears back at this moment, just clutching onto her twin and burying her face in his shoulder.

Ars looked up when Sordeau nudged him slightly, gesturing at the muggle family.

He had to chuckle at the display. Good thing Van Droombeeld wasn’t here. This display would definitely earn Sinclair a lecture. 

Still it was cute, the twins could pass as identical if there wasn't the gender difference. He was mourning the fact that he didn’t have his camera on him but… for dinner? He would definitely have it on hand. Such adorable twins, just born models.

He stepped towards the family, extending his hand “Welcome to Beauxbatons. I’m Hilgar Ars, your daughter's head of house.”

The man, tall, black hair and eyes and noteworthy attractive, accepted the hand “Francesco Sinclair, I hope our daughter isn’t too much trouble.”

His wife, brown eyes and also black hair with the same attractiveness nudged him in the ribs “Don’t mind my husband. I’m Giorgia Sinclair. We should thank you for taking so good care of our daughter. You’re her favourite teacher.”

He chuckled good naturedly “It was a pleasure. Sinclair has a bright future in front of her. She had talent and even with her slight difficulties at the beginning I can clearly say we are on a good route. I would be delighted if we could have a chat about her later in the evening. I fear Sinclair is way too ecstatic about showing you Beauxbatons for now to be patient while we discuss her progress.”

Giorgia smiled as she glanced at her twins who were finally getting along once again “I would love that.”

Ars nodded “Then I wish you a pleasant evening at Beauxbatons.”

3