The First Together
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That the yule ball was approaching was common knowledge and the closer it came to the day the more excited the students became.

Rosene had so far been quite successful in dodging ball invitations  and even today she actually had to leave the Hufflepuff she was chatting up to take cover with her friends.

She groaned out loudly as she fell into Viktors arms. 

The wizard had quickly gotten used to Rosenes antics… after all both her and Fleur were from countries where kisses on the cheeks were casually greetings. Sure it had taken him slightly off guard how open Rosene was with skinship but in the end he had adapted quite quickly, especially liking the fact that with Rosene it was never anything romantic. 

She wasn’t touching him for any gain or any hopeful advances.

He wouldn’t tell her that outright but he was insanely happy with the fact that she was gay just for that fact. He had to deal with girls wanting him for his fame way too much after all.

“Are you alright?” he voiced out, carefully petting her head.

She just quietly cursed in her mother tongue “Can the ball be over now? I’m sick of it.”

Cedric tilted his head “You don’t like balls?”

“I love balls. Balls are fun but… not like this. I mean… I don’t get the fuss.”

“Because it’s special?”

“For you maybe. We hold monthly soirees. Which means fine dining and dancing. We have our fancy evenings monthly… so no the yule ball is not special for any of the Beauxbatons students.”

Viktor raised his eyebrow “Then why are you that bothered?”

“Because of the whole date issue. At the soirees we don’t have partners. We meet our families and dance with our friends. It’s easy and uncomplicated and not … like this mess.”

Cedric blinked ”But… Huh…”

“What?”

“I didn’t expect you to have a problem securing a date.”

She paused before she pushed herself off the bulgarian wizard “I’m not having a problem finding a date. That isn’t the problem. The problem is that too many want to go on a date with me.”

“Are you bragging now?”

“No, you don’t understand.”

“Obviously.”

“Are you certain that the dragon didn’t roast your remaining braincell?”

“Yes. So what is the issue? Just tell them you have a date then. Shouldn’t be that hard.”

“But I don’t want a date.”

Both wizards paused “What?”

Rosene just sighed “Okay… hear me out. I fuck.. I don’t do love or actual dates.”

Cedric looked slightly in distaste at her “...you know one day you might regret that.”

“Why would I? Anyways… the issue is that everyone is one the whole romance trip with the mistletoes… and while I’m totally up to spend a few hours under them and make out… I don’t want a girlfriend. do you know what would happen if I ask a girl out or go with one?”

“You would know in advance whom you would snog that evening?”

“...no, they would have hope. They would think they are special, same as that others would get that impression. I don’t give false hope. If I go with no one then it’s fine… but do you have any idea how hard it is to dodge people?”

Viktor tilted his head “Sen?”

“Yes?”

“Why don’t you go with someone that is clearly just a friend?”

“... if I go with a girl like Fleur then everyone would think I like her and Fleur in comparison to me actually is interested in actual dating and… she got her date after all. Both of you have your little way too young love interests as well and the other boys of beauxbatons are the same.  I cannot take the chance away for people having dates just because I don’t want an actual one.”

Viktor laughed, simply shaking his head “You know I want to have your issues.”

“Oh honey, you don’t, you really don’t.”

Cedric laughed as he stood up to head towards the dining hall for dinner “You know… Sen,  You can be quite stupid.”

“Says the torched marshmallow.”

“I think you’re forgetting something very obvious.”

“I do?”

“Your criteria is someone that won’t misunderstand and who also does not give the wrong impression to others, right?”

“Yeah?”

“Then pick someone who everyone knows isn’t an actual date.”

“who do you..” Rosene froze as she entered the great hall “Oh Maremma Maiala (exclamation from the area of grosseto)! I am stupid.”

Cedric  patted her on the shoulder “Good, you accept reality.”

She shoved her elbow in his ribs way harder than necessary “And you have no manners. I should beat you with my etiquette books.”

“Didn’t you fail that class? What are you complaining about?”

“I still took it for six years. Sorry that I could care less about the exact millimetre I have to turn a cup. The higher classes of etiquette are such useless mindfuckery you would be insulted left and right if you take it in any way seriously.”

Viktor smiled slightly “So that aside… what did you find out?”

“My date for the ball.”

“You did?”

“Yeah, I completely forgot that there is a perfect candidate for this. One who everyone already knows I adore as my little friend and no one who has any brain capacity will think I am actually attempting to date. Who would date a child after all, aside from you two.”

Viktor glanced across the room “Oh… she didn’t get invited?”

“No, obviously not… Luna…. is after all not the most beloved at Hogwarts and we just saw each other an hour before when I accompanied her outside.”

Cedric grinned “So. Well you won't even have to ask her properly then.. I mean… double win. you have to prepare nothing. Cho was mad that I didn’t get her anything.”

“That’s because that is barbaric… really you should read an etiquette book. even my brother did.”

“Your brother? You have a brother?”

“A twin to be precise. not that it matters. I have a mission.” She grinned slightly as her feet carried her through the hall.

She didn’t even bother sitting down, instead placing one hand next to Luna's plate to slightly hover over her while she put on her most charming smile “Farina, you look especially adorable today. May I inquire if anyone has realised that in the last few hours and asked you out for the ball?”

the ravenclaw looked up, big silver grey eyes staring questioningly up at the older witch “No, i haven’t been asked.”

Rosene hummed, grinning even more as she dropped to one knee in front of her “Would you do me the honour of turning around?”

Luna blinked but followed the command.

Elio had taught her the charm for flower conjuration long ago… just that Rosene had perfected it for her dresses, a simple red rose was boring after all.

She gently took one of Luna's hands “Farina, my little, petite, adorable friend.”

The blonde actually blushed slightly under the intense gaze.

Rosene just had to smirk. Sure, Luna was a child but… still it was cute how not even her was immune to the italian charm.

Rosene slowly lifted her other hand, pushing one of the loose strands of the blonde behind her ear as she concentrated on the nonverbal charms while her hand lingered over the spot as she conjured the hair ornament, three intertwined roses with her favourite galaxy enchantments on them, glistening like jewels.

“You are my dear friend. It’s a pleasure to spend time with you as you sweeten up every moment of my oh so lonely existence. farina… I’m not sure If I should dare but… may I have the honour to share your company for an evening? Would you give your delightful company to me to lighten up my mood at the yule ball?”

Luna could actually only blush more as she nodded “You wouldn’t even have to ask.”

Rosene just grinned as she stood up again, taking her seat next to the ravenclaw as she wrapped an arm around the petite witch “But… It's way more fun like this, right? I learned something in all those years of etiquette class.”

Luna was still blushing, even while she took her pocket mirror out to stare at the hair ornament. She knew that Rosene wasn’t actually asking her out for a date but still… she couldn’t pretend she wasn’t happy about the development.

 

0