Insensitive
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rosene did hand Fleur back to the ravenclaw before she went to collect her own date. 

She knew it was rude to leave a date alone, especially when one didn’t even dance the first dance together but.. she had made sure to talk it through with Luna in advance and the petite witch really hadn’t minded, way more curious to see what Rosene had planned and well… even then… Fleur and her had always shared the first dance at every Soiree… it was just tradition.

“My apologies for making you wait.”

Luna just shook her head “It was pretty. I don't mind.”

“I’m glad, want me to make it up to you now?”

Luna hummed as she took the offered hand “Are our dresses like that too?”

“You mean the intermingling of the enchantments? Obviously. I usually don’t get to present it to that extent but well… it’s still fun to make it happen.”

Luna hummed happily.

“So.. you don’t know ballroom dancing?”

“Yes, daddy and I dance differently.”

“No worries. Would you still allow me to take you properly dancing?”

"If you want?”

Rosene smiled, as she once again pushed Luna in the air “I mean… you don’t need to know the steps… just let me do the work.”

Luna's face lit up immediately at the sensation again.

To be honest… It was a good thing that Luna was floating. Rosene had always been tall with ehr 1,75 and luna.. well… while still growing.,.. she was about thirty centimetres smaller and this eased it a bit and while Rosene never had an issue with leading someone across the dancefloor, no matter how inexperienced… It was more than just easy to twirl the petite around, pixie dust mixing with snow and glittering butterflies dancing over lightning.

While Luna's dress hadn’t been made to match the theme as it really was just one of the projects for her fashion show this year… the colour scheme? The effects.. it harmonised way better with each other than Rosene would have guessed.

even greater? Luna was thrilled at it. 

Rosenes dress was subtler in the magical effects…after all… she had known she would wear this dress for the ball and Luna's well… it had been only made with the intention for fashion week, not even a hint of plan for anyone to wear it like this. It was over the top in a way but… Luna loved it.

Sen had always liked dancing and even though Luna had no real clue what she was doing.. The smile on the young girl made more than up for it.

They did take a break for food and obviously they shared the table with the other of age champions.

Rosene did gallantly pull the chair back for Luna before dropping down herself.

Hermione was already staring at her “Viktor says you made the dresses yourself?”

Rosene did have to snort at the eagerness of the question “Indeed, Hermione was it, right?”

Hermioen did blush slightly at forgetting her manners “No, it’s Her-mio-ne.”

“Hermione.”

“You have to pronounce the H and the o is mostly silent.”

“Then why is the o in your name then?”

“Then why aren’t you pronouncing the H? It's there as well.”

“because I’m italian.”

Viktor laughed, “I can’t pronounce her name either.”

Hermione grumbled slightly “It’s not that difficult. You just need to try harder”

Fleur raised her eyebrow “You know that being this insistent about this is quite.. unbecoming. In a way you’re making fun of us for being foreigners who have not been speaking English for our whole life.”

Hermione opened her mouth but closed it again. “That wasn’t my intention.”

“Still, in French and Italian we don't pronounce the h, at least not like you do. You are demanding that we do it perfectly even though it should already be noted that we speak English fluently enough that we can talk?

Correcting one like this in a matter that is sensitive, is more than just rude. You know of their nationality. Especially your insistence right now is unbecoming. It’s akin to making fun of someone with speech impairment. Accents are normal.” 

That Fleur was simultaneously using the perfect etiquette with her silverware did enhance the effect of her slightly crude words.

Hermioen ducked her head slightly “I wasn't trying to insult them. just teach them.”

Viktor cleared his throat, obviously trying to change the topic. “Hermione? Weren’t you curious about the enchantments?” 

The brunette immediately nodded, “Yes, I haven't seen these kinds of enchantments yet.”

Rosene nodded slowly, her eyes wandering over the menu “My core concentration is textile at school. The dress Luna wears has been enchanted with thirty different runes and spells. It’s rather advanced.”

“So I might be able to do it if I further my transfiguration skills?”

“Not quite, transfiguration is the base for quite a lot of it but the spells are centred around textiles. You won’t find them in normal books and this kind of work requires years of practice.”

Hermioen scoffed, “I’m very good at spellwork.”

“So? You're a fourth year, aren't you?”

“So what?”

“It stands to reason that the knowledge and skill of a seventh year and a fourth year is quite different, especially in a branch you have never dabbled into. Isn’t this quite insensitive? I spent over six years studying this matter to get this far.”

Hermione bristled slightly “I… isn’t it insensitive to steal the thunder of everyone here? The other girls have spent hours getting ready and then you come with these dresses?”

Rosene slowly laid down her menu, her abysslike eyes focused on the girl “So? No one told them they can’t get special dresses. You have to make use of what you got.”

“Oh you mean like when Fleur was cheating with the clothes you enchanted?”

Rosene paused, simply folding her hands as her eyes took on a hard shine “Hermione. Do you really want to open this discussion now? The clothes she wore didn’t give her a boost in magical strength, they didn’t do the task for her. All they did was protect her from getting seriously injured, something the tournament in itself should have focused on.

Any and all of the champions could have gotten their hands on protective clothing or enchanted them, same as that any and all could have used shielding charms to protect them. Your shortcomings on this matter isn’t our fault.

Furthermore, do you really want to start a discussion now about the tournament? After the blatant unfairness Fleur experienced? You’re convinced they judged this matter fairly?”

Hermione opened her mouth, clearly taking this as an attack “Cheating is still cheating.”

“Oh, then explain to me why you are helping Harry? He’s meant to do it alone.”

“His name is Harry.”

Rosene took a deep breath, simply turning towards Viktor “You know… there is a reason why I don’t date kids. Thanks for reminding me of it once again.”

Hermione scoffed, “I’m not a kid.”

“Could have tricked me with the way you’re acting then.”

Cedric was glancing around, clearing his throat “Isn’t it a wonderful evening? You know… a ball… people.. food.”

Viktor immediately fell into it, leaning over to Rosene “You should try the goulash. It’s hungarian. I’m certain you will like it. Exchange of cultures, right?”

0