New World
188 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I finally found you."

A sudden feminine voice echoed in his brain, opting him to open his eyes. A bright iridescent sky welcomed him. He looked around, but only found empty space and colorful, ethereal waves. There was nothing else. He was alone.

A weird feeling began to take a hold of him and it grew stronger with every passing second; a feeling of familiarity. This place, for some reason, seemed familiar to him. But why? He certainly had never been in a place like this. It was surreal. That's when he realized that he felt completely at ease. All of his walls were down and he was vulnerable. He felt naked. However, the feelings of fear and worry never arrived. 'This is illogical. I should be freaking out, but… I can't. That's it, I can't freak out. What's wrong with me?' he thought.

He looked up. From empty space floated down a figure; a girl. Abruptly, a cascade of long rainbow-colored hair fell behind the mysterious person's back. His breath caught in his throat the moment his eyes landed on her. She was gorgeous. Breathtaking. A goddess. Her white skin glowed under a translucent, white robe. She landed on the ground beside him and the colors danced around her. The girl opened her eyes and gave him an angelic smile filled with warmth.

"Who… who are you?" He asked after several seconds of silence, which the girl didn't seem interested in disturbing. Her smile grew wider as she began to approach him.

"Fascinating. Even you, in this situation, the first question you ask is that one. By now I'm sure it's some kind of habit," her voice was gentle, but carried within a hint of amusement barely hidden. Now that she stood inches away from him, he noticed how small and frail she looked, as well as the pale-violet of her eyes and judging by the way they regarded him, she was also studying him.

Seconds passed and, once more, she didn't seem to mind it. Meanwhile, he was trying to make sense of her strange answer. 'What does she mean? I don't get it… ugh, my brain's all fuzzy and sluggish. She avoided the question, I think. At least she doesn't look like she'll elaborate further. Why?'

As he was about to voice his question, she spoke, her hands intertwined behind her back, "Let's not waste time with useless questions. Think before you ask. What kind of information do you need?"

That… made sense, somehow. He started again with a blank canvas in his mind. First of all, where were they? And following that, why? Although the place felt familiar, he knew he wasn't supposed to be here. Still, the girl's origin and motives were also important, though perhaps not crucial. He nodded to himself, "Where are we? What is this place?" he said, looking straight into her eyes, doing his best to read her reaction. Judging by her small smirk, at least he was stepping in the right direction.

"That's better, but do you need to ask?" she said and opened her arms wide, signaling their surroundings. He followed her sight, but there was nothing that he could recognize or that sparked a… memory? That's right, he didn't remember anything. Nothing at all. Curious. Another question to add. The girl sighed, "You really don't know, do you? I thought you would, but oh well, it doesn't matter. I'll tell you. This place is your mind."

'My mind?' The answer surprised him and he could feel his expression shifting, his eyebrows rising and his eyes widening. Not once did the thought of doubting the girl cross his mind since deep down it made so much sense. That was one of the missing puzzle pieces. Now as he looked around again, it was so obvious. This was a visual representation of every one of his thoughts and emotions. It was stunning.

"I have to admit you have a beautiful mind, you really do. It's absolutely beautiful," she said, breaking the silence for the first time. He stopped admiring the simple but spectacular scenery and found himself staring at the girl's current expression. It was grave and profound, with an intensity that wasn't there before. It was clear she was lost in thought. Suddenly it was gone and she smirked at him, "Go on, keep asking."

He opened his mouth to ask why were they in his mind in the first place, but he recalled something and closed it. The sluggishness was still present. It didn't bother him, but his brain felt… wrong. Perhaps she knew why. 'No, that's not all. I think she's the one responsible. It's just a hunch, but I need to know,' he thought before speaking, "Do you know why my thoughts feel so disconnected?" he said each word slowly, trying to describe what he felt as accurately as possible, while at the same time on high alert to any changes in her body language. By her look, he guessed she was slightly surprised and slightly amused.

"So you realized, huh. That was quick. And that's a pretty original way of describing it," she said and moved her hands towards him. He didn't flinch or move back whatsoever. She gently touched the right side of his head and placed her other hand on his chest, "I severed the connection between your thoughts and your feelings, so we could speak properly without wasting any time. Like we are at this very moment," she said, caressing his scalp until her hand rested on his forehead. Her voice was so pleasant and soft, the same as her touch, which left him almost hypnotized. She giggled, "See, if I hadn't done it you would be so scared right now. Terrified even. You wouldn't be able to think properly and we would have to get you to calm down before talking. It's faster this way, don't you agree?"

He grabbed her arm to stop her from touching his face, "Stop. I can't concentrate if you keep doing that," he said and her ever-present smile widened to a sharp grin. He continued, "I do agree with what you said, I don't doubt for a second that it's faster. In fact, it might be the best option all around, though I can't say for certain since I have no idea what you want from me. With that being said, I want you to undo it."

They stared at each other for several seconds, neither breaking eye contact, until she giggled and her gaze turned playfully defiant, "And what makes you think you have any say on what happens?" she said with a smirk, inching closely to his face.

He allowed himself a small smile before replying, "I already know that I have no control over anything here, even though we're in my mind. Whether I can't because I don't know how to do it or because it's impossible, it's irrelevant. What matters is that I can't, not at this moment. But I can tell you're in a hurry," he shrugged, "I won't cooperate unless you undo… whatever you did to my head."

She backed away and crossed her arms below her chest, "And what if I can't undo it?"

"Then this conversation is over," he replied stubbornly, "You should've asked first."

The girl apparently thought it over and then relented after a few seconds, "Alright, I'll humor you, but let me warn you. This conversation is for your sake, so for your own safety do try to get a hold of yourself as soon as you can, okay? We don't have much time," He nodded and she snapped her fingers.

The effect was instant. His head cleared and a wave of fear took an icy hold of him. He slowly took a couple of steps back, wary of whatever this being that looked like a girl might do. This situation was impossible. This place shouldn't exist. His mind? That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why did he believe her words in the first place? Did she do something to make him trust her? As crazy as it sounded, it might have been plausible. 'This is not good, not good at all. Can I escape?' He gulped, 'I don't think so. There's nothing here. Fuck! How do I get out of this? How do I survive?'

The girl hummed to herself, seemingly distracted by the flow of silvery colors in the ground.

What once was an innocent-looking girl now appeared to him so devious, so menacing, so downright dangerous. She shouldn't be real, it should be some kind of dream, yet something inside of him screamed that it was really happening. What else could she do? She might as well be a deity. Suddenly, he felt as though he had barely escaped their interaction with his life and he lost his footing, yelping as he fell on his rear.

"See?" she said and he stood at attention immediately, "I suppose you realized your position, but we can't talk like this. This is getting us nowhere."

"Wait!" he yelled and waved his hands in what he thought was a placating manner, "I-I'll calm down! Just give me a few seconds," he started breathing consciously, ignoring the thoughts that were only causing him needless distress. He had no way of escaping that he knew of, and this being could very well kill him as if he was an insect, yet she hadn't done so. Instead, she was answering his questions. That's right, the questions. Why…? He remembered an important detail, "My memories…" he whispered, "Can you give me my memories back?"

The girl exaggeratedly rolled her eyes, but froze midways, "Wait, let's make a deal, hm? Ask the most entertaining and interesting questions you can think of, and I'll give you your memories back. Sounds good?"

'Why is she so adamant about these damn questions? Is it some kind of test? Perhaps I should ask her, but before that, I need to know a few things,' he thought as he nodded in confirmation to their deal, "A-Alright. Why did you bring me here?"

The girl's smile returned full-force, but he found it creepy and foreboding, "I haven't brought you anywhere, not yet at least. You can call this a… waiting room, of sorts. As for the why, I need you to do something for me."

"A waiting room? What are we waiting for? And what something do you need? Why do you need me? Wh-" he kept asking without missing a beat, but was silenced by her tender voice.

"I said entertaining and interesting questions. Think. You should be able to answer some of those questions by yourself," she said and he barely held down his sudden frustration and annoyance, "Hell, I'll give you a hint. We're waiting here while your translocation process finishes."

"Translocation process…?" he repeated, "That doesn't make any sense! Where are you taking me!?" He didn't like where this was going. He deserved to know that. Fuck her and her little game, "Answer me, where are you taking me!?" he said and advanced towards her.

She merely kept smiling as she said, "To my world."

5