Aquamarine
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alongside humans, that have been around for centuries, another race has lingered. A race of magic, a race of power, a race of complete uniqueness. As well as a race of immortality, perhaps that even they do not know of. This race, simply called the Elementals, appear to be physically human; however their culture and physical attributes are quite difficult to forget. From what humans know, the powers of an Elemental comes from one of the four key elements: fire, water, air, and earth. However, if they are blood of Royalty, they are born under a stone set by their god, the grand Crystal. Only one of each can take place of a stone a single generation, to keep balance. The stone they are born under they adopt it's color into their own physical appearance, may it be in their eyes, hair, or both. Many Royalty that are from around the world have been theorized to live far longer than expected of a normal human. The Elementals prove to be peaceful with their mortal counterparts, and with the modern world they have adapted quite well. The Elemental race proving their abilities alongside humans in job-positions, to assist, and even increase it's importance. While commonly, the lower ranks take blue collar, white collar jobs, or possibly jobs that are important to health and education. The Royalty have taken a strong spot on the political world, or positions in high power. However, a single Royal chose to stay away from that limelight. Due to her being far more unique than any other Elemental, she has been made an unlikely target, this is our heroine, and her story.

Aquamarine awakes to her alarm clock, reaching over and pushing the button as she sat up, yawning quite loudly she brings up her hand to her aqua blue colored eyes, her matching colored hair being quite long in a loose ponytail as she'd been sleeping, almost having come undone as well, she begins to push herself out of bed, wearing only a t-shirt and shorts in her small, one bedroom apartment; though very unlike others of her kind, such as the Royalty in her family, her brother and parents, she preferred a small comfortable home over a large home, with nothing or no one to share with, especially as she's a short girl, being four foot, eleven. She saw no need for such laverous things, it was easier for her to get around. Her apartment were decorated with Irish themed material. As well as some Elemental trophies. Alongside many photos of her friends and family. Stretching, as her coffee begins brewing, she turns on her tv as she heads back into the kitchen, her remote always near the living room. As she listens to the news as she makes herself a bowl of cereal, her laptop went off after she opened it. Realizing she was still logged into CHAOS, sighing she accepted the call as she sat on the stool over the counter.

On screen was two girls, two shades of pale with one being a brunette and the other black hair. They both had brown eyes and looked quite eager. The brunette spoke out first.

"Lass! Where have you been?! It's been months since we last spoke." She said scoffing a bit. Aquamarine smiled as she ate her cereal. Laughing a bit she then continued.

"I know Mandi but I'm fine. I do miss you two at home. Isn't it late for you?" Aqua asked raising a brow. Mandi rolled her eyes and the black haired female spoke.

"It's just we miss you here from Ireland, Aquamarine. I mean it's been almost two years. Did you REALLY have to move to America just to learn more on your... Gift?" Aqua moved the hair out of her eyes and sighed as she played with her spoon.

"Yes Ashley I do. No one there accepts me. So what else am I to do?" She asked as she took a glance over to the t.v, through the opening from her counter to her living room, sees a few other Royals on the screen. Something not too interesting as the t.v is much more background noise to her than anything. Scoffing a bit and turned back to the laptop.

"What was that scoff?" Mandi asked smirking, "Did something thick show up?"

"Some Royals are on the tv. No surprise there." She laughed as she finished eating her breakfast, "I got to go to class. I'll text you gals later." She waved to her friends and logged out; after cleaning up, finishing her coffee and hopping in the shower; Aqua was slowly got herself ready for her day, it being nine thirty now. As she double checks her bag, she grabs the remote then looks to the t.v, recognizing someone on the screen. Letting out a loud groan and a roll of her eyes. Garnet, another Royal, on the news for something stupid again, most likely. She quickly turns the electronic off and grabs her keys and heads out. She headed to her class, not being far from campus. As she checks her wrist watch, she realizes she has time to go and possibly get something at the cafe, near her first class, but as she continued walking, suddenly someone bumps into her. Due to her small stature, the impact upon her shoulder causes her to fall completely over, barely affecting whom just bumped into her.

"Hey!" Aqua yelled at the other, whom turned to her, "Watch where yer goin' ya muppet!" The stranger didn't know if they were insulted or not, he then waves, and walks off clearly confused about the ordeal. Aqua huffs a bit and starts recollecting her things. Someone comes by, without her noticing at first, as she looks up, there he was, Garnet, or what his current nickname was, Heru. His face adorned with freckles and his hair an ash silver color., His eyes, a stunning garnet color, thus the origin of his name. He greets his friend, Aqua, with a big goofy grin, who just didn't look amused by this.

"Hey Aqua, why did you call that dude a muppet?"

"Because he ran into me. What do you want, Garnet?" Heru raises a brow to Aqua's snappy tone as she snags her book from the obviously taller male, standing at six foot three. Heru shrugs a bit and continues to help collect her papers.

"Just walking by and wanted to tell you what happened! I'm the first Royal in the Elemental Swat team!" Heru said proudly and Aqua looks towards him, amazed. It was hard enough for an Elemental to be in the police force, but a swat? Wow, that is quite an accomplishment. It does explain why he was silent for so long but hey, he made it! 
"Well I was watching the news at home, only looked for a quick gander. That's wonderful Garnet!" Aqua said as she stood, dusting her skirt off as Heru stands with her some of her belongings in his hands. Putting them in her bag, since he still had it, then hands it back to the female as he now has a greater grin on his face.

"It is great isn't it?"

"How did you tell your mum?" The two begin walking towards the cafe, Aqua did still have time, despite the small distraction. The plaza was small with some stores surrounding it. The stores kinda hugged it being in an oval shape. In the center where Aqua and Heru walked, as well as other people, the center had a large seating area, walkways and even a garden in the center of the quad. Heru puts his hands in his pockets, watching Aqua making sure they had everything, as she looks back. Rubbing the back of his neck some,

"She's happy of course. But sadly we're kinda like on call cops I guess?"

"I'm afraid I don't follow." Aqua looks to Heru puzzled. Heru looks back to her and gives a shrug of his shoulders.

"Elementals are kinda the beefier members of SWAT. We're only called when there's a much bigger danger than expected. Kinda close to Military calling but we show up before them. Ever since there's been weird black worm like beasts showing up."

"Those are the monsters that are able to tear people into droves right?" Aqua asks. Heru nods a bit and sighs as he gives another roll of his shoulders.

"You know they still give us some work at least. Like, typical cop work at times. And paperwork, that's always fun." Heru says, seemingly less than pleased about the paperwork. Sighing a bit, Aquamarine looks up to him with concern. This was a pretty big deal for their kind. No Elemental was really into doing line of work like this, let alone one of Royalty. Aqua reaches out to Heru and puts her hand atop his arm, a calming gesture for his jittery nerves. Heru simply smiles at her in response. The two of them have been friends since they were children, so at least they had that for one another. The day continues as normal. Finishing her classes early, Aqua moves on towards her work. She works in a restaurant with a bit of a questionable theme. Maids. At least the waiters dressed as butlers, the diner had a mix of Japanese and American 1950s look to it. The walls of the diner looking somewhat cute while the seats with 1950s them and same year music playing in the background of the diner. The colors of the walls were black with the rest of the decorations being a mix of 50s memorabilia and cat themes. Even Japanese 50s items as well. Aqua enters from the back, which employees are allowed to enter through, entering the changing room for women of course. The locker room looked like a high school locker room awkwardly enough. In the back were extra stocks of uniforms and such. Only managers were allowed back there. The walls were a bland creamy white with the lockers a gross baby blue color. Apparently it didn't matter on color because the locker rooms looked the same for the men as well. Though she was Royal she still likes the idea of working. Kept her busy at least. Aqua walks inside and went straight to her locker as she went past a few chatting maids, groaning at the thought of today's' activities. A bubbly girl walks over, already in uniform, hugging Aqua from behind, Aqua immediately knew who it was as her breasts were pressed against the back of her head.

"Hi Sophie.." Aqua greets calmly, to keep a calm tone as she messed with her lock.

"OH AQUA I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE HERE!" Sophie, being quite tall, had a thick shape to her body. Her hair was short and framed her face. Dark skin, bright green eyes and black hair. The uniform that all women had to wear consisted of, of course, a maid's uniform. A simple black and white dress, with frills at the bottom, that hung down to the knees. The part that made Aqua cringe internally was the top. There was a cat silhouette shaped hole on the chest. Luckily, it was more towards the collar bone; but it could be possible that the people who made the uniform hadn't thought it out as some women's breasts are bigger than others, which resulted in a bit of their breasts being clearly shown. No one seemed to mind here that much, bizarrely enough. As Aqua changed out of her clothes, Sophie continued to speak.

"Today's been so crazy! It's a Friday and everyone is panicking and worrying about getting crowded tonight, it's just a mess! And now you're here we can get things done!!" The female dances a bit as Aquamarine ties her apron on. Starring a bit at the headband they had to wear, a maid's headband with a pair of cat ears... Sighing, she sat it down as she grabbed a hair band and put it in her mouth, grabbing her long, thick locks to put, at least, in a manageable ponytail.

"Stop acting a maggot.." Aqua huffed the tie still in her mouth, "You're already tiring me out from being thick and I haven't even started to work.."

Sophie looks to the smaller female and examines her, "You know I don't understand your potato language Aqua! You Elementals have a weird language. What does all that mean?"

Aqua just stared at Sophie, putting her hands down after putting her hair up and sighed heavily pinching the bridge of her nose, "You really are thick, aren't you?"

"I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND YOU!" Sophie cries, the day continues as it would, Aquamarine greeting customers with a bright smile, handling money, saying farewell and serving with great ease. It was no wonder why her managers desired to keep her, however today was a bit different for her. For her three years working in this restaurant she never had to deal with assholes before. Well, she has dealt with upset and angry assholes, drunk assholes, since they had a bar area where the butlers handled, or just soccer moms trying to get cheaper meals. Usual assholes, but no. These assholes were the pervert kind, and sadly, it was her table; Aqua walked over and smiled sweetly to the occupants.

"Hello, welcome to Cat Mula. My name is Aquamarine, what can I get you today?" She asks and the group in the booth look over and give her a smirk. This, didn't settle well with her.

"Maybe you, that'll be nice." One of the men cooed, sending a shiver down her spine.

"Can we eat you for lunch? Would love that." A female said as she made a v symbol with her hand, bringing it up to her mouth. The others laugh and Aqua attempts to as well.

"Um, I apologize but I nor any of the other workers here are 'on the menu'. But I can get you what's on there." She directs her pen to the menus, after a brief moment they give her their orders and hand her the menus, "Thank you. I'll have those all ready." She walked away from the table and turned in the order, scoffing to herself and looked to one of the cooks over the counter, "Snobbish kids are being absolutely brutal over there.." Can't believe people actually talk that way!" The chief looked over to the table Aqua was gesturing at and shrugged a bit. Taking the written paper and smirked a little.

"Maybe they think you're a catch, what's that word you use when something's attractive?" He waved his hand a bit and then pointed to Aquamarine who clearly wasn't having it. "Oh yeah savage?" He asked and Aquamarine just kind of stared at the male in a dumbfounded way and shook her head.

"No... That's not even the right context at all.. Just get a crack on my order please.." She scoffed.

The days went smoothly and routine after that. Seeing news 'bout how Elementals are bad, go to classes and have classmates mock her for being an Elemental, go to work and then go home. Rinse and repeat, that's how it's been, it's always been that way. Nothing changed for weeks. Her typical day would be as said. Harassment, school, work, home. But one day, the atmosphere felt off when she went to work that day after class that weird single class. Aquamarine was about to change into her uniform. Already having worn a comfortable tank top with shorts and high tops, her hair already up for the day as well, she bit her lip. The uneasy feeling still loomed over her. She shut her locker and went straight to the manager. The diner was quite busy today and outside was pretty foggy. Families happily chatting with the sound of old music playing under the chatter of a full diner and the sounds of dishes being moved around in the back. Aqua just looked around a bit and heard something quite large on top of the diner. Her heart was racing as she listened carefully. What was it? And why hasn't anyone noticed it yet? The memorabilia on the walls were shaking a bit and Aqua trembled slight. She jumped when her manager tapped her shoulder, he held his hands up and when Aqua held a fist up in self defense.

"Aqua why aren't you in uniform?" The manager asked sighing as he lowered his hands along with Aqua lowering hers, "Please go change."

"I'm sorry... Sir, something doesn't feel right... And no it's not because I'm not in uniform." The moment she said that a loud scream came from a few booths down, everybody turned their heads towards the direction of the scream. A large black centipede creature crawled down the window that lead outside, it had only one mouth but many eyes decorated its shell. It looked to wrap itself around the outside of the diner. The power flickered as it screeched at the people inside, everyone backed away from the window in terror covering their ears from the high pitched screeched. Before the monster could do anything, it was cut in half and the half that was cut fell to the ground revealing that it was Heru in his E-SWAT uniform as he stood there, sighing heavily, his weapon out. His Elemental weapon being gauntlets, blades sticking out the outside of his arms made out of magma rock. The heat clearly showing through the weapon itself. He saluted everyone inside and ran down the road. The people inside started to comfort one another with cries of infant and children filled the diner as some curious customers went to the windows to look outside, then a SWAT member came inside quickly, guarding the door a moment. Searching the room from where he stood before talking.

"To whomever is the manager, PLEASE keep everyone indoors. These creatures are extremely dangerous. We have the E-SWAT out right now to handle them!" Before anyone could say anything in response the man ran out, but not without Aquamarine on his tail. She shut the doors, as the manager locked said doors, he looked to Aquamarine who gave a thumbs up to him, the SWAT looked over, his jaw dropped as the female turned to him, "Get indoors! NOW!"

"I've seen these things before! Lemme help!" Aqua pleaded.

"No, from the look of you, you're a Royal. Unless part of the forces, Royals especially shouldn't be out here." The SWAT member walked away, Aqua groaned a bit and ran down the road figuring she'd tell people to stay indoors as more of the black creatures showed. She wanted to do something, at the very least! The buildings from Aqua's vision as she ran down the streets were quite tall and spaced out. She couldn't see much due to the fog, however, something didn't seem right. She ran down the road and looked over, a ginormous creature placed on the other side, destroying a building as people ran out with the sound of screams echoed in the empty streets. Aqua ran over with a few other citizens to help whomever was stuck. The block was in total terror. People running away, screaming, trying to protect themselves as more and more monsters presented themselves, lunging at people and in the fog, only the Grand Crystal would know what those beasts were doing but the sounds weren't so good to hear. Crackling and wet noises echoed with the sounds of screaming yet one caught her ear, Aqua followed the sound of a child's cry, she soon found one trying to push with all his might a piece of rubble off his mother they looked to be from the building that was just destroyed, the large black bug-like monster still nearby, Aqua rushed over and, with all her might, pushed off the large rubble off the female. Aqua hadn't expected it but the woman was stuck under quite a bit. The woman gasped as Aqua tossed the remaining bits off of her as she forced herself to get to her knees at least.

"W-Why did you save me?" She asked as her child hugged her in relief.

"Because it's the right thing to do. Can you stand?" Aqua asked as she helped the female onto her feet, Heru ran over before the stranger could answer, panting slightly.

"We're heading to the shelters, you both need to hurry." Heru said sternly, "These things aren't good."

"What are they?" The woman asked in a panic tone and her child clung to her

"They're called Shadow. They're the embodiment of a taboo element. When fused with a host they can either make them stronger or turn into these things. I'll explain more on the way we have to go." Heru said as he scooped the woman up into his arms along with the child before he began to run, Aqua joined him in heist. This wasn't good. Not at all. As they rushed through the rumbling block seeing the casualties on the ground, blood splattered and who knows what the fog was hiding the Shadow from before screeches surrounding the area along with screams of the people, the four getting a better look at the creature, having one large eye and a gaping mouth of large teeth. It looked to be some type of worm like creature. Swing it itself back it than lunged itself to the small party. It was moving too fast for anyone to realize what was happening as dust flew around them, especially harder to see in the fog. Heru guarded the woman and child from it, the child looked over his shoulder and gasped eyes wide in amazement as both the fog and dust began to dissipate.

"Mama! Look!" He yelled, Heru looked with the mother of whom gasped at the site. Aquamarine was holding the beast back with an unusually large weapon. Something not even humans, exposed to Elementals, had seen before! In her hands was a large war hammer with an ax blade on the opposite side of the hammer end. The handle was wrapped with a ribbon, flowing a bit. A symbol of life decorated the hammer's side. The most shocking thing however was... It was pulsating, it looked to have veins going through it, of which moved rhythmically. It was strong sure, but a pulse? That's not right.. The large weapon was a deep red, as in the entire weapon was such. The color of blood. Aquamarine looked to the three of whom gawked as she screamed.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! LEG IT!" Heru snapped out of his daze and ran. He hadn't seen Aqua's weapon in years. Fact she's using it now, clearly says she's serious about this.The beast pulled itself back and lunged itself at her again, but with a simple slide Aqua moved out of the way. Allowing the Shadow to hit the ground, and as hoped Heru got the two to safety. Aquamarine got up and leaped into the air and with all her strength slammed the hammer side down, onto the head of the Shadow. The beast let out a bellowing scream as it hit the ground again and it forced itself up and swung it's head around. Aqua being on top of it's head braced herself to prevent falling, having soon wrapped the red ribbon around her wrist and spun the large weapon with ease. She then slammed the ax blade into it's head after another jump, black ooze soon came out of it's wound. The beast swung it's head around yet again as Aqua continuously hit the blade into the beast's head, struggling to stay on after she landed again. She took one last leap and, with shocking ease, sliced right through it's head taking advantage of the of which she was originally cutting into. She braced herself for the impact of the ground and rolled onto the ground as the monster's body fell, causing a loud echo to sound through the city. Panting heavily, she moved her bangs out of the way, noticing a bunch of stares of the people around her. She looked to her pulsating weapon and soon allowed it to retract itself into a blob, soon retreating into her wrist and inner arm, after it turned into a liquid.

"E-Everyone please.." She started and the citizens backed up more.

"SHE'S ONE OF THOSE BEASTS!" One person cried.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" Cried another

"YOU'RE NOT AN ELEMENTAL!" They screamed at her, backing her up against the carcass of the beast she defeated, she made a mistake. She shouldn't have shown her weapon. She shouldn't have shown her abilities. They're going to cast her out. Just like everyone else at home. She covered her ears and crouched as the people screamed at her repeating that she was a beast, she just wanted to help. She just WANTED to help. Suddenly, one familiar voice echoed among the rest, catching her attention as well as they fell silent.

"KNOCK THIS OFF! ALL OF YOU!" It was none other then the queen of fire herself, Ruby Firestone. She was Heru's mother as well. She strided over and motioned for Aqua to stand on her feet. Ruby was around the same height as Heru and had an obvious hourglass figure. Her short, wavy hair and shimmering, red eyes adorned her olive colored skin, a detail of which originated from her Greek roots. The queen looked to the mob after forcing Aqua to stand on her feet, clearly disappointed, "After taking down a beast, you decide to verbally attack a poor girl, especially after she risked her life for you, during an emergency?! All of you head to the shelters. NOW!" The mob rushed to the sidewalks, after hearing the queen's strong words. Ruby walked down the street along with Aquamarine, the short female rubbed her arm as she let her gaze fall to the ground, feeling only regret and guilt. The emotions filled her being, she wasn't sure what to do at that moment. She never liked showing her powers for these same reasons but she knew she had to do something! As the two headed past the mob, to city hall which luckily wasn't far. They entered the hall and after a bit of a walk into the lobby, the walls were white with portraits of the history and politicians of the city. Their footsteps echoed in the lobby with the two females being the the only ones at that moment in time, Ruby turned to Aquamarine while crossing her arms under her breasts, looking quite disappointed. The blue haired female was still staring at the ground, shaking slightly. She could feel Ruby's disappointment which caused the poor girl to tear up. The part of the city she lived in was notorious for spreading news by simply word of mouth. Her weapon is unnatural, and fact it's as alive as she is... It was a clear concern.

Ruby sighed before she spoke, "Aquamarine you know you can't be using your powers. At all. You know how dangerous that is, right?"

"I know.. But they would have gotten hurt if I didn't do something.." Aquamarine said with a tone of defeat. Ruby noticed this and let out a heavy sigh, putting her hand on Aquamarine's shoulder, Aqua looked and she still was quite nervous.

"We still need to speak with your parents though.." Aqua cringed at Ruby's words. Oh boy, her parents are definitely gonna be a pain. The two went past the lobby into another part of city hall as Ruby patted the shorter female's back. Inside a lot of politicians were panicking, of course, about the Shadow outside. They almost didn't notice Ruby and Aqua trying to sneak by. The room was filled with people, masses of paperwork and tons of people on phones. It was quite loud inside. At least till a loud booming voice echoed throughout the room. The two females looked over to a giant barley man, who had pale blue hair and eyes and his skin was sunkissed, standing angrily; he crossed his arms, his beard was quite long and his hair was short itself, while his brows were thick. Aqua grew quite embarrassed, a female with topaz colored hair and eyes with pale skin stood by the man and rose a thin brow.

"Aquamarine Mae Mil'Rose; what did you do?" The woman asked before Aqua sheepishly walked over to the obviously, much taller couple.

"Hello mother... Hello father.." Aquamarine said while rubbing her arm. Without another word, the man laid his hand on her shoulder and escorted her to a nearby office as the people's chatter began again.. Aquamarine's skin was already quite fair as it was, but she looked as if she saw a ghost, all color had gone from her face due to how scared she was. She looked to Ruby who was talking with a few men in suits looking at some paperwork she was handed. Once inside the office, which looked like any other office, yet no windows accept for the one facing the city, she saw her brother, Diamond sitting on the desk. He had as fair skin as she did, but his hair and eyes were white as snow. He just watched her walk by as she sheepishly sat in a chair that was before the desk. The room was dark except for the lighting outside. Which was it's only light. Her parents were clearly disappointed in her recent actions, Aquamarine played with her hair and stared down at her hands. Man, she was scared of this, why was she so scared? Oh yeah her dad has such a booming voice it's intimidating. She wasn't sure what to do or say. It seemed as though a lot of time had passed till the large man, her father, spoke.

"Aqua, why were you acting a maggot? You could have gotten yourself killed." The man scoffed, Aquamarine looked up again, huffing a bit.

"Father I couldn't just let this happen. You didn't see what was happening!" Aqua spoke in defense looking to him.

"Aye I did see it." Her father said, leaning forward to look Aqua in the eye, "And you could have gotten yourself knackered and died.": He scolded.

"Opal, don't be too harsh on her." The woman spoke, Opal looked over and waved his hand as he paced around the room.

"She's fragile Topaz, you know how she is. She can't handle her powers." Opal argued. His wife sighed and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I know darling, but we got to give her a chance." The couple turned to Aquamarine, who seemed ashamed and scared. She was physically shaking as well as she looked at her lap. Opal sighed heavily and before he could speak, Diamond stepped forward hopping off the desk and began to speak, interrupting him as he crouched before Aquamarine.

"You must be careful, Aquamarine. You know your body can't always handle your abilities." Aquamarine cringed at her brother's words. He wasn't wrong, she was just uncomfortable knowing that what she did wasn't right. Or was it? She honestly couldn't tell at this point. The feeling of regret just riddled her stomach. She continued to play with her hair as she sat awkwardly.

"I'm old enough to live on my own and have a job, why can't I fight?" She asked looking up. She was afraid she already knew the answer as the three stared at her a moment as she nodded and got back up. She has to lay low, not talk to anyone for days. She was a monster and her powers were too dangerous for anyone, as the humans said. She had to disappear from the world. She felt like such a failure, an embarrassment to her race. As she walked out of the City Hall, she felt something hit her in the face, she rubbed her cheek as she looked down, seeing it was an empty soda can. Then a rock, then more garbage, and then more rocks. She turned towards whom was throwing the items, to which she saw the same angry mob from before outside of the hall. Holding her arms up to shield herself she ran past the mob, quite scared for herself, understandably so as they screamed insults at her. Once Aquamarine got to her apartment; she rested her back against the door letting out a heavy sigh before changing out of her clothes as she headed towards her bedroom, being stained with Shadow blood and dirt, of course. Maybe a shower would be nice. Deciding to do so she did just that. After said shower she put on a hoodie, a t-shirt underneath and sweatpants, she then sat on the couch turning the tv on as she brushed her long drying hair, she found her brush suddenly getting stuck, unable to move the brush further down her knotted locks, she finally decides to leave the brush as it hung at the ends of her hair. Once she heard the door, she let out a loud annoyed groan.

"Can this day get any worse?" She asked herself as she walked over to the door in belligerence, stopping a moment before hearing muffled talking on the other side. Gently, she pushed her ear to the door to hear what was being said. However, before she could make out what they were saying she heard a loud knock on the door. She was, understandably, startled by this and soon opened the door enough for her to poke her head out. Three men in black suits were surveying her, staring her down, kinda understandably so because she was short for her age. One happened to notice the brush stuck in her hair as it dangled out the doorway and attempted to ignore it.

With an annoyed huff, Aqua spoke, "Can I help you lads?" She asked with an irritated tone. The man in the middle smiled and reached into his chest pocket, handing her a card, a business card it seemed. Aqua didn't take it but she did glance at it, E.E.D.H huh?

"Hello, I'm with the E.E.D.H. Or more commonly known as Elemental Ethical Department of Health. We were informed that an Aquamarine Mae Mil'Rose lives here?" The man was clearly being very flirtatious towards Aqua. She's seen these kinds of cad people before. She opened the door in full and leaned against the door frame crossing her arms under her breasts before gesturing him to continue. She was in no mood to speak and the three quickly caught on.

"We were informed that you have elemental abilities. We searched you in our system and you're not in our systems whatsoever. Did you not register when you were supposed to or at the time you didn't discover your abilities?" The third man spoke, looking down at a few files that he had brought with him. Aquamarine noticed this and gave a small shrug.

"I didn't know of them yet." She lied, she knew full on that she had them since she was a child, gaining them around the same time as everyone else. There was NO WAY she was going to tell these guys the truth. Again, she looked young enough to use that excuse. The men, shockingly enough, fell for the lie. The cad, however, smiled again and rose his brows slightly.

"May we come in Miss Rose? We would like to discuss the importance of your registration. You ARE aware that all Elementals have to be registered." The Caddy Man wasn't being subtle at all. Was this harassment or something? Regardless, Aqua agreed and stepped aside to let the others in. The moment she had her back to them, she felt her arm being grabbed and pinned behind her back, then a cloth cover her nose and mouth. With her free hand she clawed at the man's arm but why did she start feeling weak all of a sudden? With her free hand she then tried to hit the man, but it was too late. Why was everything becoming so blurry? Why was she becoming limp?

With a distorted voice the cad spoke, "Now all we need you to do now is to rest." And as soon as he said that, everything faded to black.

0