Ice Cold
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aquamarine and Diamond sat quietly watching the Hand Book for some reason, a really cheesy movie about a couple who would write notes to one another in this spiral notebook and that's how they fall in love for some reason. Eating mint chocolate out of the carton together with spoons. Thanks to Diamond able to control the element of ice he was able to keep the ice cream the perfect consistency. As it nears the climax of the film Diamond turned to his sister who seemed uninterested in the film and only her ice cream. Diamond put the ice cream down and paused the movie with the remote after picking it up from the coffee table and looked to his sister. She was wrapped in her blanket, huge spoon in hand and face red and puffy from crying. Wasn't sure if it was from today's events or the movie.

Diamond sighed and began to speak, "Aquamarine you need to tell me what's wrong."

The female looked to him and sniffed, "It's just... Work hasn't really changed I'm not worried.. But school and here? It's horrible.." She said looking down, "They're doing the same thing everyone did at home."

"The humans never rejected you at home." Diamond said trying to reassure, "The other Elementals yeah but the humans didn't mind you." Aquamarine sat there a minute and sighed looking to her brother with a sad smile.

"I miss home sometimes.. I miss the breeze, the countryside, the castles, but... I don't belong there."

"That maybe so but let me tell you something; you belong here, Aquamarine. Our parents may not like it but you're so happy here. Sure there's a bunch of humans who think you have this weird disease. I have ice powers. People mock me for having them all the time. You're really smart Aquamarine. If it makes you feel comfortable I don't think anyone would judge you doing online classes for school." Aquamarine smiled to her brother and hugged him happily.

"You know what to say when I need to hear it."

"It's what I do." He chuckled and patted her back, "Now wanna make fun of this god awful ending?" He asked and Aqua rubbed her face as Diamond pressed play. The two watched it and Aqua scoffed a bit.

"For real how can two people fall in love with a spiral notebook as their only means of communication it's so silly." Diamond laughed at his sister's comment and shook his head.

"I know it's absurd!" The two laughed and seemed to enjoy their time together. Aquamarine grew up more with Diamond than their parents being around. He's been there for her for a long time and the two were without a doubt close. Once the movie ended Diamond put the remaining ice cream away and Aquamarine got the dvd out and sighed looking at the case's cover. The male noticed the other staring at the case and rose a brow before she spoke.

"It must be nice though... Falling in love?" She asked looking to Diamond. Who was a bit surprised and sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Probably. But.. We'll see.."

The following few days at work had seemed to get awkward, customers seemed to be a bit more rude to her than usual, even attempting to trip her for no reason. That following day would have been something unexpected entirely. She just came in and was preparing for her shift, changing into her uniform she had to hear Sophie's ramblings as usual but hey she at least got some kind of kindness from a human. Sophie cupped her cheeks as she sat on the bench and let out a small squeak.

"Fact you fought a monster and risked your own life that day is still so cool to me!" She cooed and slapped Aqua's hands away as she offered to tie her apron on, "I mean, sure people are afraid of you because of your powers but I think it's impressive!"

"At least someone does.." Aqua sighed a bit and smiled to Sophie, "Thank you, by the way." Sophie nodded and got up and patted Aqua's head before walking out with the other girls. Aqua sighed heavily and as she started to leave she was stopped by two other waitresses and two waiters in the doorway.

"Where do you think you're going?" One asked raising a brow. Aquamarine sighed and crossed her arms under her breasts.

"Going to work Malissa.." She stated and was pushed back by the female and they laughed, "Look I don't need you to be a holy joe I just want to go to work."

"Oh look the little potato girl thinks she can tell us what to do~" One of the waiters scoffed, "You know there's no cameras in the locker room right?" The four entered and cornered the much shorter female. Aquamarine felt her gut wretch. What were they planning on doing?! She tried to push past them gently but was shoved against the wall. She was staring in horror at the others. She knew she could take all four, she knew she could fight them. But she didn't want to. She didn't want to fight. In her panic she started to tear up and hide in the corner. The others began to laugh and as one of the females cupped her mouth one of the waiters reached into the cat shaped keyhole in her uniform to grope her, smirking to her as her eyes were wide in horror.

"No one's gonna believe you~ Even if you did you'd still be at fault." Malissa smirked and as Aqua went to push the male of and wiggle the other waitress' hand off her face the four pinned her to the wall which gave them the advantage to grope her more.

"Ya know didn't think a fat chick like her would have nice tits~" One of them purred. Aqua trembled a bit and in a last ditch attempt she clutched her fist a bit which forced one of the men groping her to freeze, freeing her leg she kicked him back and bit the other waitress' hand releasing her. She then elbowed the other male in the jaw and freeing her wrists from his grasp and ran out before doing anything to Malissa. Rushing straight to the manager in tears.

"What on earth happened?" He asked and before he could grab Aqua's shoulders noticing she was covering her chest and didn't want to be touched.

"I-I need to talk to you.. Malissa, Harold, Alex and Trish they.."

"I SAW HER ATTACK THEM!" Malissa pointed to Aquamarine and it caught the attention of the restaurant. It went silent, Aqua could feel her face pale and her heart sink as Malissa spoke her lie, "We were just getting out of the locker room and we were asking her some questions and she attacked! She used her powers against poor Howard, bit Trish's hand and elbowed Sam in the jaw." Malissa cried her fake tears. Aqua looked around in shock and looked to her manager.

"T-That's only because they were molesting me! P-Please you have to believe me.." She The only sound Aqua could hear at that moment, was Malissa's fake crying, the sound of the grill, and the soft vintage music on the radio. She shook her head and backed up, "Y-You don't believe me.."

"Maybe you shouldn't come in till this is settled.." Her manager said finally, "Go home Aqua.." Aquamarine stared in shock and they all turned to see the people mentioned, glaring at Aquamarine. Validating Malissa's claims. Begrudgingly she went back to her locker, and changed back into her casual clothing. Sophie coming to the back and hesitantly reached for Aqua who slapped her hand away.

"I don't need your help, Sophie.." She said with a scoff and Sophie jumped a bit. She saw the hurt in her co-workers eyes and Sophie sat next to Aqua as she fixed her bra.

"... They were hurting you.." Sophie said worriedly and Aqua sniffed a bit and pulled her phone out, offering it to Sophie.

"... It's unlocked can.. Can you look up Heru's number and call him for me..?" She asked and Sophie smiled softly a bit and nodded.

Heru jumped a bit as he felt a file slap the back of his head, laughing some as he looked to the other officer, it was shockingly a chill day at the office, he went back to lazily go through his paperwork. When Heru wasn't called out for SWAT or clearances he was in the police station doing paperwork in the back. Even if it wasn't his cases he was just entering data and researching other things. His own way in keeping busy. But today was pretty dang slow even the criminals were lazy today. The office was filled with few officers really working and others just hanging out or going out for patrol. He was surprised that his desk phone rang since other than the soft chatter, keyboards, writing, and paper moving around it's been pretty quiet. He of course answered and lazily sat back in his chair.

"Officer Garnet Firestone." He said calmly. Glancing through some files in hand.

"Hello? U-Um.. Hope this is him.. Hi.." The female's voice seemed sheepish, Heru of course was used to this and waited for the female, "Is it possible you can make it here at the Cat Mula? Aquamarine had asked me to call you for her since she's changing." The female finally said and Heru sat up fully and rose a brow.

"Is.. Is everything okay?" He asked as he sat his file down.

"Not really.. What..?" It was silent for a moment before the female continued, "She uh.. Said it was a royal escort out."

"I'll be there in five minutes." Heru said before he hung up the phone. Pulling his jacket on and walked out. Once he heard royal escort that wasn't a good thing. He rushed down to the restaurant after getting into his car. Stopping a moment as he parked before the place he stared a moment, why was Aqua wanting to be escorted out? She loved it here. He sighed heavily and got out of his car, shutting the door and locked it before entering the restaurant. Looking around the busy place he sighed again and gestured for a waitress. After she came over he whispered to her.

"Where's your manager? I need in the back for an escort." He informed and she pointed to the register. Where said manager was and he went over calmly. The male was surprised and tilted his head.

"Hello can I help you?" Heru pulled his badge out and sighed looking to the other male. Clearly being taller than him too.

"My name is Officer Firestone I'm here for Aquamarine Mil'Rose. I understand she called me requesting an escort off the premises." Heru explained and looked to the puzzled male, "Where is she? Just point me to where she's at."

"She's in the female locker room in the back.. B-But I don't.." Heru then started to head towards the back and the male stopped him, "Wait! Let me get her..!"

"Sir once a Royal calls for an escort regardless of gender they are required to obtain said subject and escort them out. Let me do my job." He said coldly and pushed passed the man as he went to the back. Followed by said manager he scoffed and went into the locker room. Looking around as he called out, "Your highness I'm here to escort you out.." He then stopped seeing a female comforting Aquamarine who was curled in a ball. He bit his lip, it broke his heart seeing her like this. He then went over and crouched before her, taking her hands softly causing her to jump at first. She seemed relieved to know it was him.

"Hey..." He said softly and moved her bangs out of her face, "I'm here to take you home." He said in a calming tone. Aquamarine nodded and Heru smiled to other female as Aqua slowly grabbed her bag. Clearly she cleaned out her locker, "Thank you ma'am. I'll take it from here."

"She going to be okay?" The woman asked and Aqua gave a small smile to the other female.

"I'm okay now.. Don't worry, Sophie.." Aqua said in a hushed tone. Who Heru could assume was Sophie, nodded and stood up when Aqua did. Heru forced himself up and as Aqua put her bag over her shoulder Heru was taking his jacket off and then covered her head with it.

"Just to protect you." He assured and Aqua nodded some as the two started to leave the facility. He wrapped his arms around her as they entered the restaurant part. They both took a deep breath and walked out straight to the door. He seemed to be keeping an eye on her temperature. It rising from her anxiety, he rubbed her shoulders some as a reassurance. Noticing the glares he then called out.

"Just a routine escort, return to your food." He said in a bit of a booming voice. After they successfully exited the restaurant Heru walked her to the car and had her sit in the passenger seat, he then squat next to it and sighed pretty heavily, "I won't make you tell me what happened. But I sure as hell hope you tell me when you're ready." Aquamarine nodded and hid more in Heru's jacket hearing a voice come out of the restaurant.

"Hey Rose you leaving? Come on we got a shift." The man said and crossed his arms. He almost seemed smug about it as well.

Heru looked over to the male and without looking at Aqua he whispered to her, "Did he do something to you?" He asked calmly.

"... Yeah.. That's Alex.." Aqua said quietly. Heru got up after shutting the door and went over to Alex, clearly wounded from something and Heru put his hand on Alex's chest as he tried to approach the car.

"Back off." Alex gave Heru a look of disbelief and he held out his arms to Heru who only backed Alex up. Clearly Heru was the taller one here.

"I just want to talk to her." Alex said calmly as he shrugged, Heru shook his head and lightly pushed Alex back.

"You don't have the authorization to do so. Back. Off." Heru warned and he turned from Alex, who then rushed to the car and Heru rushed and grabbed Alex by his arm and pinned him to the hood of the car. Causing Aqua to jump from inside. Heru leaned over and growled in Alex's ear, "Now listen and listen good; I have a VERY important job here. That's protecting her. From you. And I can tell you got hot and bothered earlier. So let's make a deal: I let you go and you fuck off. You go and work. You stay away from Aquamarine or I won't hesitate burning your dick off myself and risk my badge over it, do you understand?" Alex nodded and Heru let him go as he scrambled off, "GOOD!" He watched Alex rush back inside and Heru huffed a bit as a final say and went into the car, "God the nerve of that guy."

"... Thank you.." Aqua said from the mass of Heru's thick jacket. He just smiled to her and put on his seat-belt.

"It's what friends do. Now we're gonna get you fries."

"Why?"

"I am escorting you. So I'm free all day. Wherever you wanna go I'll go with you." Heru said smiling to Aqua as he started his car. Aquamarine smiled to the other male as she removed his jacket and placed it in the back after buckling in. The two did stop by a burger place and drove up to a secluded area. Sitting on the roof of Heru's car and staring off over the high hill that looked over the city. The area was a beautiful wooded area with what would be considered a make out spot to many but more of a safe haven for the pair. Aqua looked at her fries and then to Heru, who was responding to his walkie from the car informing them of the situation that happened about an hour ago. He then sighed in relief and laid back onto the hood after putting the walkie back and smiled to Aqua. Things seemed so calm now. She was with her best friend, eating fries, looking over an amazing view after such a garbage event. She looked over to Heru again as he grabbed his own mass of fries and laid the bag down and dumped the fries onto the bag as he hummed to himself, after that he removed his vest and sat it next to him. Tilting his head looking to Aqua then to where she was staring.

"Hey.. You shouldn't let people push you around like that." Heru said before eating a few fries. Aqua looked over to him puzzled and tilted her head a bit.

"Isn't that what you're doing now?" She asked and Heru looked to her with a few fries sticking out of his mouth. She giggled a bit as he did a so-so gesture as he finished his fries he had in his mouth.

"Maybe but my point still stands." He shoved a few fries into Aqua's mouth as he continued, "You're a grown ass woman. You're a Royal. You know what's best for yourself. I know I'm probably the absolute LAST person you want to talk to 'bout these things but trust me Aqua... You're stronger than you know." Aquamarine looked to Heru baffled and tilted her head after finishing the fries in her mouth.

"When did you become a guru?" Heru laughed and laid back on the hood of the car.

"Never. I suck at things like that." Aqua rolled her eyes and sighed heavily, "I do mean what I said though." Heru stated and Aqua nodded.

"Yeah.. I know.."

Diamond walked down the hall as he fixed his hair, humming to himself as he entered a room, he had his long hair pulled back, two thick strands in braids and a small ponytail as the rest was resting on his back. He was dressed in a suit along with the others in the room. Other few Royalty he recognized, Ruby Firestone who was Heru's mother, Emerald, a dark skinned female with green eyes and hair, her hair was in almost a bob cut with a thin shape to her to little to no curves. Next to her was Jade. A sun kissed male who was a bit chubbier than the rest. And last but not least was Agate, a female with long mixture of orange and yellow hair with brown eyes with a similar hourglass shape to Ruby's. They all nodded to one another as the others sat down along with Diamond and he cleared his throat as he sat back.

"I am here as attendance of the lead water Elementals and my parents. My name is Diamond the third son of Opal the second and Topaz the third Mil'Rose from Ireland." He explained as the others watched him.

"I am here as attendance as the leader of the fire Elementals. My name is Ruby the fourth daughter of Garnet the fifth and Spinel the third Firestone from Greece." Ruby stated and Emerald leaned over the table a bit.

"Do we have to do this?" She asked and the others rose a brow to her, "We all know who we.."

"We do it for records reason since this is being recorded, now just go on with it." Agate stated sternly and Emerald scoffed a bit.

"Fine.. I am here as attendance as the leader of the earth Elementals. My name is Emerald the fourth. Daughter of Nephrite the second and Aventurine the third from Scotland." She looked to Jade next to her, "Oh and this is my fiance Jade the fifth he's here due to association." Jade just waved as Ruby and Diamond looked to one another confused.

"And I am as attendance of the air Elementals. My name is Agate the second daughter of Amber and Jasper the first from England. Now that we got the appropriate introductions out of the way we can discuss the matter at hand. Aquamarine is it?" Agate asked looking to Diamond, "Your sister I assume."

"Yes.. If this is about the Shadow incident what does it have to do with now?" Diamond asked as he leaned over the table himself as his hair moved over his shoulders, "My sister did no wrong and she only did what she felt was right."

"Yes but at the same time due to her being out of battle it could have hurt other people, Diamond." Ruby stated as she rested her elbows on the table, "I mean that in no offense but Aqua has... Gained a few pounds sense the war centuries ago. And her being the first of her line her powers have been changing since. It's to the point if she pushes herself she can seriously get herself or others hurt." Diamond bit his lip as he listened to Ruby's words. He knew she meant goodwill towards him and her words were in good faith but a part of his chest hurt. They don't understand Aqua do they. Emerald sat back comfortably and shrugged.

"I say we lock her in the labs for testing or something. From what I saw from the SWAT records this morning Garnet the sixth was summoned, or Heru his nickname is?" Emerald asked and Ruby nodded before she continued, "Something about a Royal escort. From what was reported Aquamarine had called in requesting an exclusive Royal escort off of some cat cafe. Why she was there we'll never know but as far as we're aware and he's reported back Aquamarine claimed to be assaulted and wanted off the premmense. My men are looking into the report now."

"She was what?!" Diamond stood up as he slammed his hands on the table, catching the attention of the others, Emerald waved her hand a bit dismissively and crossed her arms as she sat back again.

"Relax prince she's fine. An hour ago Heru called in and reported that he was going to escort her for the rest of the day and make sure she's safe. That's part of his job after all. Plus didn't they grow up together?" Emerald asked as Diamond sat himself down. Sighing heavily and Ruby leaned over and patted his hand softly.

"It's going to be okay." She said soothingly and Diamond smiled a bit to her. Agate cleared her throat as she stood up and looked to Diamond, who stared at her back with white eyes to her brown.

"We still need to make an agreement with Aquamarine. Diamond, as her brother I'd advise you to get her under control. Humans already distrust us as it is we don't need some taboo creature with unnatural power running around the way she is." Diamond looked to Agate with disgust and stood up again and glared at her. The room felt cold and Ruby definitely felt it. A small patch of ice around Diamond's hands grew as mist came out of his nose. The others could see their breath as they looked to Diamond. Whose eyes didn't leave Agate's. Agate chuckled a bit and leaned forward.

"Careful young prince, the Queen of Fire can catch her death here." Diamond looked over to Ruby who was blowing some fire into her hands to keep herself warm. Diamond scoffed a bit and a small shattering noise came from his hands as he lifted them up, breaking the ice over them and stormed out of the room. The cold air leaving and the small patch of ice left from where he stood, Agate smiled to Ruby, Emerald, and Jade, "He's still quite young isn't he? Never was really a prince was he? I'll discuss this matter further with his parents. They'll have better insight in what to do instead of having a.. Melt down shall we say?"

Ruby looked to Agate before standing up herself and rubbed her arms a bit, "Diamond might be too young to take place as king but he has a good heart.. He's just not ready yet."

"Maybe so.. But a heart like that can get others hurt. A lot like his sister, he has no control of his thoughts." Agate patted Ruby's cheek and started to the door, "Oh and Emerald. Congratulations on your engagement. Hope you and Jade have a happy marriage and healthy children."

"Oh! Thank you." Jade said and smiled with Emerald sheepishly looking away. With that Agate left the room and Ruby scoffed a bit. Reaching over and turning off the recording device in the middle. She then turned to the couple.

"She's such a bitch.."

0