Chapter 52: Worries (2)
294 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max continued with his meditation until Lumi was able to appear in front of him. Unfortunately, she could not communicate with Max like when she was inside the dagger. Max wanted to try using the dagger with Lumi however, he was reminded of what her mother told him. If it was seen by other people, he can make an excuse saying it was his light magic. But there was a large difference between the effect of his dagger compared to normal light magic.

While Max was thinking, Lyla slowly approached Max's back and hugged him from behind.

"What's wrong?" Max asked as he felt the slight trembling of Lyla's body. He touched the hand that wrapped around his body.

"Don't do something that reckless anymore," Lyla said one can hear the sobbing sounds echoing in the silent room.

"I did all I could by considering the options I had at the moment. Am I not fine?" Max slowly faced Lyla while wiping away the tears in her eyes. He gave her a warm smile looking as if everything is okay.

"But what you did is dangerous. You might have gotten yourself hurt or worse killed." Lyla continued to sob while Max wrapped her under his embrace.

"There, there…" Max said while trying to calm Lyla's feeling. He did not want to apologize as he thought he did nothing wrong. He did not want to say that if the time comes he would not do something that dangerous again. He was sure that he would do the same thing in the future if it was the best option to get the best result. All he could do was console the young girl who was afraid of losing the person she loves.

Lyla understood from Max's answer, she could only bit her lip from resentment of not being able to help in dire situations. It was the worst feeling, waiting in despair not knowing if the person who left will ever come back. She was filled with worry, but there was nothing she could do. Deep down inside she wanted to stop Max and continue their peaceful life like always. However, times are changing and they are starting to discover that this kingdom is suffering from internal and external strife. Their peaceful days are over, they could not pretend to be naïve little kids who want to stay in a safe haven in order to protect themselves from the scary world outside.

Lyla felt safe in Max's embrace, her breathing calmed and she was able to look at Max sincerely in the eyes.

Max felt the piercing jet black eyes of Lyla looking at him. It was full of love and sincerity. He approached her face while touching her chin and gave her a light kiss on the lips. He smiled while looking at the beautiful face of Lyla.

Lyla's cheek turned red from embarrassment, her body turned hot from just a single kiss and she wanted more from this young man who was in front of her. However, she knew that this was the succubus part of her that was succumbing to the inherent desires of the flesh. After what happened with Max, she was afraid of approaching him. She was afraid of what other powers she might have, that can hurt Max. They were lucky that Max did not suffer any detrimental effects from her powers, but she did not want the same thing to happen once she loses control of herself.

Her body flinched and became stiff while having those thoughts. Max felt how tense Lyla's body was, he decided to give her space and pat her head instead.

"It will be a long day tomorrow so we should rest. I want you to start training your footwork. Evasion, speed, and agility are important when it comes to combat. Proficiency with attacks with the right footwork can be key to one's success in combat." Max said seriously at Lyla.

He stood up and went out of the bedroom. It took all his willpower to leave behind the extremely enticing half succubus girl who was sitting on his bed. Lyla unknowingly released her pheromones as they kissed. This has happened in the past couple of days as well. Max did not mind but it seems Lyla was suffering and worrying about what happened to him. All he could do was wait it out until she feels confident and accepts her succubus heritage.

Max thought to himself that he needs to find a way for Lyla to control her powers or else this young body will not be able to survive.

Max had a wry smile on his face as he walked away, he did not think that he can't pluck away the juicy fruit that was in front of him no matter how he wanted it. His thoughts were simple, it was better to not have a taste rather than tasting it once and not being able to taste it to one's desire. He was a virgin in his past life, and this was the first time he had experienced being intimate with a girl. His body that was going through puberty was not being helpful at all. Max hurried himself to the bathroom to take a cold shower.

2