Chapter 10: Origination (5)
105 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Previously

Arthur's hand hovered over the screen, ready to accept his new status as a Demi-God. But just as he was about to tap the confirmation button, a flicker of doubt caught his attention. He turned his gaze to the corner of his eyes and realized something was amiss—the wheel still stood there, beckoning him with its infinite possibilities.

Arthur fell onto his bed, finger trembling as he pointed at the screen. “No. .fucking. .way.”

He could spin the wheel again.

A trace of greed crept into Arthur's heart, mingling with his growing sense of curiosity. Could it be possible that, for once in his life, things were finally aligning in his favor? The notion danced tantalizingly in his mind as he pondered the wheel's existence, seemingly unaffected by his previous spin.

A wave of excitement surged through him, fueled by the prospect of reshaping his destiny. The thought took hold of his imagination like wildfire, igniting the spark of possibility. What if he could spin the wheel again and again until he obtained what he truly desired? What if this was his chance to defy the odds and attain the status of a god?


 

His mind raced with theories and calculations, attempting to decipher the inner workings of the system. Was there a loophole, an opportunity to manipulate his fate? A plan began to take shape, rooted in a delicate balance of hope and audacity.

With a newfound determination, Arthur pressed his finger against the screen once more, setting the wheel into motion. The anxiety that had plagued him in the previous spin was replaced by a sense of cautious anticipation. He held onto the belief that this time, perhaps, luck would be on his side.

As the wheel spun, Arthur's gaze remained fixed upon it, his heart pounding within his chest. Each revolution seemed to stretch time, elongating the suspenseful moment. The wheel slowed down, teetering on the edge of revelation.

And then, the result manifested before him. The system notification flashed, delivering its verdict.

Ding!

<<System Notification>>

[Congratulations, Alex! You have been designated as a God.]

“. . . .”

“. . . .”

Arthur just sat there, unable to believe the words highlighted in blue before his eyes. A surge of triumph coursed through his veins, mingled with disbelief. He had done it. Against all odds, he had achieved what he had dared to hope for—a status befitting a god. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he savored the realization that he had finally broken free from the constraints of his previous existence.

Arthur's heart skipped a beat as he read the words that revealed his new designation: God [Baal - The First & Last Demon].

Right then and there, the world laid bare for him. Exactly at that moment, he could finally, for once, see himself to be something more than just Arthur, to be something - or better yet, someone who could finally be the older brother that Lily deserved. If he clicked on the button to accept it, he would be reborn as a god, and while as a Christian, he didn’t want to accept something like a demon, he wasn’t sure if his luck would be this good again.

Arthur's eyes fixed upon the spinning wheel, its presence refusing to fade away. He had achieved the status of a god, yet an insatiable curiosity gnawed at the edges of his mind.

But then what if the remaining 25 minutes simply run out without him being able to pull another god-rank? So, he should accept Baal quickly before the time went out, or someone realized that a glitch had happened in his system wheel. That’s what someone logical would do.

. . .But, Arthur has had enough of being logical.

"Who knows," Arthur muttered under his breath, his voice laced with a mix of anticipation and trepidation. "I might be the only one experiencing this glitch in the system. Perhaps, there's a hidden path yet to be discovered, a rank beyond even that of a god."

Glancing at the time displayed on the screen, Arthur's heart quickened. Only twenty minutes remained before the wheel closed permanently, sealing his fate and potentially closing the door on any undiscovered possibilities. The advantages and disadvantages weighed heavily on his mind, creating a delicate balance of temptation and caution.

However, doubts surfaced amidst his excitement. Was it worth the risk? Would he be able to achieve a higher legend status even if he spun the wheel a few more times? The uncertainty clouded his judgment, casting a shadow over his decision.

The disadvantages loomed with equal weight. Time was running out, and with it, the opportunity to solidify his current position as a god. What if he failed to secure a desirable outcome in subsequent spins? The unknown consequences of gambling his newfound status taunted him, whispering tales of regret and missed opportunities.

Deep in thought, Arthur weighed his options. On one hand, the allure of unlocking a hidden rank, a legendary class, stirred his adventurous spirit. On the other, the risk of losing what he had already obtained, his status as a god, left him hesitating on the precipice of decision.

But then, the thought of unearthing an unprecedented secret class, reserved only for the audacious and fortunate, sparked a fire within him. The potential rewards outweighed the risks in his mind, and he was willing to gamble his current status as Baal, the God of Thunder, for the chance to ascend further.

Before he made his decision, Arthur reiterated what he’d thought before.

He’s had enough of being the logical one, to make the logical decisions so that everyone else can have their lives a little easier. He’s had enough of being the one in the shadows, the one in the background, simply watching everyone grow past him because he had to take care of Lily.

And, it was then that Arthur realized why he’d always felt incomplete and stale, despite doing everything he could to make Lily safe, and well-fed.

So, he made his decision.

“Sorry, Lily, but I’m going to be a little selfish for now,” Arthur said, and for the first time since his parents died, he gave the world a wide smile. “After all, when life gives you lemons, you always make them lemonades.”

“It’s my turn now.”

Without hesitation, Arthur reached out and spun the wheel once more.

The familiar whirl filled the air, intensifying the suspense that gripped his heart. His body leaned forward, his breath held in bated anticipation. The outcome remained uncertain, yet his determination burned brighter than ever.

As the wheel gradually slowed down, Arthur's eyes were fixated on the rapidly approaching result. Every second felt like an eternity, as if the entire world had been reduced to the spinning wheel and the possibilities it held. The glimmer of hope in his eyes clashed with the nagging doubts that lurked in the depths of his mind.

As the wheel gradually slowed down, Arthur's heart raced with anticipation. The outcome remained uncertain, and a mixture of hope and anxiety coursed through his veins. With every passing second, the possibilities seemed to intertwine, creating a tapestry of dreams and doubts.

Finally, the wheel came to a halt, and a message materialized before Arthur's eyes. The system's interface flickered, displaying a series of glowing icons before finally settling on the result.

 

 


Let me hear your thoughts in the comments below! It really helps me keep this series going. While the special sale may have ended, please make sure to keep your eyes peeled for any future offers on my patreon!

Check it out here at my patreon -----> http://patreon.com/user?u=94155299

3