Chapter 1 – 1; In which a man dies and can’t make sense of what’s happening.
553 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a strange scene for Kane Faust to be faced with. A bleak expanse filled devoid of light save for white mist that never rose above his knees. How the mist was capable of being seen or giving off light, he couldn't tell. Honestly, he should be more concerned than he was about his predicament than he was, but for some reason, he couldn't muster up the will for it. 

 

"Let's go back and try to figure this out." 

He folded his arms and brought himself back through his memories. 

Kane frowned. He remembered coming back to his dorm after his classes let out. Flirting shamelessly with Allison, the cheerleader captain. After that, it was a round of drinks and stupid games with the lads. Then he remembered feeling sick, his stomach hurting before he got dizzy. Then everything went black. 

"Alcohol poisoning? I suppose I died, then. If this is the afterlife, then it fucking sucks." 

He said, looking around before sighing. With nothing more to do, he inspected himself. Kane was a rather tall man, slim-figured but not without his muscles. The wiry build showed off intense definition, but not amazing bulk. He had jaw-length strawberry blonde hair that he kept always swept back and two green eyes. His sun-kissed skin was not quite so dark as to hide his freckles. 

"Well, nothing seems out of place." 

He let off a sigh, and seeing nothing better than either standing around in these doldrums or walking, Kane decided to walk. 

And walk.

And walk.

And walk.

Eventually, the man got tired of walking and growled in anger and frustration. 

"What the fuck!! Is this all there is?!" He shouted, stomping his feet to strike the only surface around, that is, the ground. 

「Ding! Congratulations to the host for reincarnating! Calculating rewards based on life...」

A moment of numbness passed. Then his brain caught up. 

"Reincarnation!? Here!? What sort of life am I to live in this stupid place!" He swore at the voice that echoed in his mind, stamping his feet on the ground thrice more to get the voice to come back. 

Which, at first, provided no results save for exhausting his leg muscles.

Finally, after what felt like hours of waiting.

「Ding! Life Results calculated. Congratulations to the host for becoming a Sword Spirit. Your new powers, as well as your new world, have been randomly selected! Enjoy your new Life!」

"What? Sword spirit? Hey- Answer me, what the fuck is going on-"

He was cut off by the sudden knowledge of a new presence, he turned his head, saw a short woman with black hair and brown eyes wearing a black robe looking at him. He gulped, she was pretty! Her hair was lustrous and shiny, pulled back into a braided bun. Her lips were a darling peach color and were nice and full. Thanks to the robe, he couldn't quite get a handle on her curves. But from her arms peeking out the sleeves of her robe, he could tell she had an athlete's build. 

All in all, she was his type. 

He opened his mouth to speak, but she cut in first. 

"Hello, Great Zanpakuto Spirit. I am Aisuri Ketsueki. It is a pleasure to meet you. Let's work hard together!" 

 

...Huh?

26