Chapter Six: Pathways
355 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kane took a moment to gather his thoughts as Aisuri stood before him, the holographic interface of the System's quest notification still glowing in the air. He met her gaze, uncertainty and curiosity swirling in his eyes.

"What's that?" Aisuri asked, her curiosity piqued as she gestured toward the notification.

Kane hesitated, then sighed. He had a choice to make—trust Aisuri with this information or keep it to himself. It seemed their bond was growing stronger, and he decided to be honest.

"This is related to my abilities," Kane admitted. "It's a source of power for us, a way to grow stronger."

Aisuri's eyebrows raised, a mix of surprise and interest in her expression. "Power, huh? And how does it work?"

Before Kane could answer, Aisuri's gaze shifted to the notification itself. The words caught her attention, and her eyes scanned the holographic text. "New Quest Available," she read aloud. "Complete the quest to earn rewards and strengthen your abilities. Quest: Join a squad of the Gotei 13. Rewards: Dependant on Squad joined, multiplied if an officer's seat is gained."

Joining a squad was the ultimate result of the academy anyway, so she saw no reason to refuse it.

As Aisuri absorbed the information, her mind raced with possibilities. She wasn't alone in this journey. She had her friends—the spirited Kenneth, the ever-neutral Sonya, and the gentle-hearted Homura. They had been by her side, supporting her dream.

With newfound determination, Aisuri sought out her friends to discuss the quest. She found them in their usual spot, seated beneath the shade of a massive sakura tree within the Soul Society.

Sonya glanced up from the book he had been reading, Kenneth looked up from polishing her blade, and Homura set aside the arrangement of flowers they had been working on.

Aisuri took a deep breath. "The Gotei 13 Selection ceremony is coming up, and we will have to choose our squads soon."

Kenneth scratched his head, a grin forming on his face. "I'm all in! I'm aiming for Captain Zaraki's squad."

Sonya leaned back against the tree, a nonchalant smile on her lips. "I don't have a preference. Any squad will do for me."

Homura's expression brightened. "I'd like to join a squad that focuses on the healing arts. It's what I'm passionate about."

As the trio voiced their preferences, Aisuri's mind drifted. Her Hoho techniques were her strongest suit, allowing her to move with unmatched agility. Hand-to-hand combat was a close second, honed through tireless practice. However, Kido remained her weakest link, a skill she had struggled to master.

She pondered her friends' aspirations and her skills. With determination in her heart, Aisuri knew that she would give it her all whatever squad she chose. She was ready to embrace the path ahead and seize the opportunity that lay before her.

The morning sun cast a warm glow as Aisuri walked toward the grounds where the squad assignment ceremony would take place. Her friends walked beside her, a sense of camaraderie and purpose binding them together. The chance to join a squad and serve the Soul Society was a dream they all shared, a dream that was now within their grasp.

21