CH1: The End of Ginger Town
147 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 1

Age 778 Future Timeline

Ginger Town

Freedom smelled like rotting bodies, rust, and so much blood. The world was totaled when I arrived; a dust bowl had ruined crop yields, children starved in the streets, and cannibalism was rampant. Two androids flew around, vaporizing the landscape, killing survivors, and blasting dust into the atmosphere. Days were getting colder, and the nights froze men dead.

My name was Vincent Hawk, and while I will take other names, this is the name most know me by. Written here is the unvarnished truth of my journey.

I wasn't expecting to appear in dragon ball's future timeline when the sect let us go. Oh, I expected to be fucked over, but my situation was a little much. The light of Super Saiyan Gohan glowed brighter than the moon as he fought the two demons alone.

When I got my bearings, I pulled off my helmet and gave the distant battle a good look. It took an embarrassingly long time to rationalize where I was. Cold air nearly froze my lungs with every breath, and sonic booms rocked the buildings shaking what glass remained like ripe fruit from a tree.

I checked my stats to make sure the function was still available. When I was let go, I couldn't be sure they didn't have a way to strip me of my hard-earned gains. But as far as I knew, only dungeons or dungeon-created objects could affect stats. Barring me from seeing my stats could be easier, but the sect wasn't so thorough with its cruelty.

From my time, I collected over 300 in each stat from fighting, consumables, and the grind. The average human had around 10 in each stat, making me around 30x stronger than the average guy. My hard-earned power was practically worthless on the earth I was tossed into.

It was funny, not LOL funny, but more can this situation get any worse.

That's when the super saiyan light in the distance dimmed to a smoldering gold. Gohan must be reaching the end of his stamina. Super Saiyan takes too much stamina, and his father isn't here to teach him Mastered Super Saiyan. Who was really smarter between Goku and Gohan? Gohan liked to brag that he was smarter than Piccolo, but his priorities spoke differently. In a world where planet wiping was scrub-level, training to be relevant should have been a priority.

I turned to the building's interior and got my ass moving. Doors burst open as I moved following signs to a stairwell. The interior collapsed, and there was a hundred-floor drop.

After I made sure my helmet was on nice and tight, I jumped. Stats weren't for show, and neither was my armor. Everything I wore had an effect though most of it only increased defense or boosted my stats further. The gambeson coat I wore under my chain and plate mail cushioned impacts by 20%.

Some will ask why aren't you flying most children learn when they're young? The year was age 778, and I had just arrived. While I was stronger than a normal man, flight was not one of my powers. While I had some of the repertoire I would one day be known for, I lacked the basics of ki control or experience with the energy.

Others still will ask why I did not confront the androids and attempt to use my charisma to win over the mass murderers. To those, I will say go outside and touch grass.

My gauntlets dug into the soft metal shell of the stairwell, giving me the support needed to climb down. As I walked down, carrying my heavy backpack, my fingers acted as metal hole punches.

The androids were not an unknown threat upon my arrival. As a child, I had seen an animated documentary about them and their clashes with the z fighters. They had very exploitable habits that I planned to take advantage of. For one, they enjoyed tormenting anyone who posed the slightest threat to them, like the worst kind of spoiled teenagers.

They saw themselves as God-like entities but were also creatures of habit. 18 liked nice clothes, and 17 liked messing with his sister and mindlessly destroying. They seemed to focus more on cities and residential locations.

In other words, if I can get out of the city, I will have time to bring my knowledge and resources to bear.

Halfway down the stairwell, the collapsed stair blocked the way. I was forced to pull open a door and enter the 60th floor. Lights flickered on, and a wealthy-looking man surrounded by armed bodyguards gave me a surprised look.

"Don't you look like a brick shit house with legs? Where did you come from, boy?" The man asked.

"The roof; I suggest you leave before the androids nuke the place. I would ask if the elevators are working, but they are just coffins at this point." I said.

The man laughed, and his guards laughed with him. "There is no getting out; the elevators are dead, and the stairwell collapsed. Welcome to the ginger town end-of-the-world party." The man said.

There was no dancing, only moans and the smell of sex through the door behind the man. I hadn't noticed until the man brought them to my attention.

While my senses were great

I reached into my bag and pulled out an enchanted 20lb hammer. Before leaving my job world, I snagged a decently sized bag of holding, enchanted tools, and a dungeon seed.

The guards raised their weapons until the man raised his hand.

"What are you doing with that?"

"I'm getting out of here."

I swung just as a stray blast hit the building. Everything shook, and then the building tilted. I closed my bag as a bullet bounced off my helmet. As it turned out, a helmet built to turn away the claws of dungeon beasts was bulletproof.

I snatched one of the guns from the air after one of the men dropped it. With my hammer, I stood on the wall facing the floor. One swing tore the floor open, separating the destroyed floor into blocks of usable materials.

As the building fell, I ran under the sound of a man's laughter. "Can you hear them scream 18?" 17 said.

The monsters were in the city after Gohan failed to defeat them, making sport of the populous. It was the end of the world party that became a prime target.

I shot through the opening my hammer made and smashed the wall again as I charged through the building. My boots heated from the friction from my speed with each step as dust and shrapnel tore through the building.

Gohan shot behind me through the building, and I watched as 18 flew through after him. Her beautiful blue eyes turned to me, and her lips twitched slightly before she continued her game.

I reached the 20th floor near the break and busted through the wall beneath me. The lights chose that moment to cut out, leaving me in darkness. I felt a sudden pressure as my ears popped and dove into the darkness.

Above me, the building exploded, blasting bits of steel and concrete all over the city. I used the short flash of light to get my bearings and continued my descent. I found an elevator shaft and threw open the doors. The emergency brakes had stopped the elevator overhead, and the hole beneath was mostly debris-free. I put away my hammer and jumped in.

As I descended the floors, my gantlets tore into the metal wall to slow my fall. A piece of rock tore through the building and hit me in the chest knocking the air out of my lungs and dropping me the rest of the way.

I fell into a bowl of rotten flesh with fat pooled to the knees. The smell was worse on my 30x-human sense of smell, but I needed to get out. My armor was all rare quality and would self-clean, given enough time. I climbed my way up, sinking my fingers into the soft metal of the elevator shaft, and forced open the doors on the 3rd basement level.

I thoughts of using Accel Burst for the light effect, but I held back. A little light wasn't worth it. I relied on my other senses to cope with the darkness of the 3rd basement floor. I managed to train my other senses with a member of my party in the job world of Menagerie, and I didn't like what they told me. There were rats the size of dogs around me, waiting for the perfect time to ambush me.

Some had dove into the elevator shaft and started swimming in the pool of human fat. I didn't like my chances against a swarm of hundreds, even with my armor and strength. All they had to do was knock me over in the dark, and I might never get back up. My body was slick with human fat forcing me to move carefully. It might be hours before my armor's self-cleaning finished removing the rotten fat coating my body.

I felt a rat fall on my back, and my options shrank. "Accel Burst," The words left my mouth, and my movement speed doubled. The underground parking garage illuminated as my mana transformed into light. The room lit up, and I moved as the swarm attacked as one. My fists moved, dealing death with every blow; those few rats only scraped by my attacks burned moments later from my spell.

As my magic worked, I counted down the time limit. I had roughly three minutes before my spell needed 45s to cool down. My fists moved faster than I expected, the rats were slow, and I ripped through their swarm. Even the slightest glancing blow was enough to kill them as I worked.

I realized 20% through the swarm that I had made an error in my calculations. These rats, while big and dangerous looking, weren't dungeon beasts. That distinction was incredibly important. They didn't have DEF or CON stats to take bites out of my damage. A final punch ended the swarm leaving me with nearly 2 minutes of accel burst. My passive didn't activate, and my initial punches were enough to kill.

My gantlets were rare items with a damage rating that scaled with my strength. While they weren't legendary, they were lvl5 rare-grade armor. That must sound meaningless.

To my descendants, the Golden Fiber skill tree you inherited and enjoy using the incredible skills within was a bitch to upgrade in the beginning. It was only with later generations that the process was streamlined. Level 5 is the completed first-tier skill of the Golden Fiber Skill Tree. 11,111 dungeon beasts were required to bring my level from 0 to 5.

While natural dungeons could compensate for things like levels and deliver some truly great equipment, most had no desire to outfit the adventurers invading their territory with anything truly unbalanced. Acquiring the gear, I had taken the effort of an illegal 5-man party, dungeon surges, and a ridiculous number of my own captured undead mobs. Upon my first entry into the dragon world, I didn't have excess to a dungeon. There would be no meaningful upgrades to my gear for quite some time.

The last rat exploded into pulp, and their blood and guts sizzled under the burning light of my spell. I deactivated it early, cutting my cooldown time to a 3rd. I climbed the ramp and busted out of the garage to a disaster.

Looters ran rampant in the short minutes before the town was destroyed. Some stole TVs like they would get to sell or enjoy them. Rapes were common. I kicked the skull in of a man raping a child in the back alley. The sorry-looking child was dead when I checked for a pulse. Blood seeped from her crotch, and I wish she was an unusual sight. At the end of the world, men could be monsters.

I ran for it picking up speed and heading for the shortest path out of town. 18 had noticed me, and I would be damned if I caught her attention again. Even if she, for some reason, liked me, 17 was the kind of guy who would kill me without a second thought.

There was little difference between myself and the other people fleeing. I hate if that's a disappointment. The androids weren't a colony of rats in a garage; they were powerful machines of destruction, and I couldn't hope to win as I was. I had to survive to move forward and build a path to fixing the world before the omni-king wiped the world or any other world-destroying events.

The pavement cracked under my boots as I shot through the town while blasts randomly exploded sections of the city. Whole sections of the town exploded randomly; unlike in the anime, I couldn't see the attacks coming. One moment I was running; the next, buildings, people, and blocks were gone. Luck saved me more often than my senses or speed.

Shrapnel took men down but failed to pierce my armor. My plate mail was stacked on chainmail, and a gambeson coat gave me an unfair advantage. I equipped my rare gear with the armor abilities adaptation and regeneration. Over time my gear would get better if I lived that long. Dust blasted my unarmored face ripping my skin like road rash. I could feel the rocks that pierced my armor stop on chainmail while I left the city limits.

There were no other survivors. If the blasts or other survivors didn't kill, the dust storms or shrapnel did. I continued running until I hit the woods and kept moving. I didn't know if they had a means of tracking me or not. They weren't supposed to sense energy, but how reliable was my anime and manga information. I saw things in the city that didn't belong in a shonen.

Ki wasn't the answer; it was the question. I remembered Gohan teaching Videl how to access Ki. How could I train myself to reach heights beyond super saiyan? When Gohan died, he was around the power level 17 always used, and before 17 killed the hero, he claimed he only ever used half his power. I needed twice the power Gohan sure he could kill Android 17 had.

I continued moving until I found a tunnel leading to an underground cave with a natural spring running through it. A ration bar was my dinner as I slowly felt for my ki and let Gohan's teaching wash over me. The only hint to get ahold of my ki was the episodes of Gohan teaching Videl. Stats increased my intelligence and decision-making ability. Unfortunately, humans were emotional animals, almost predisposed to making dumb decisions.

My body hummed with new life as I touched the well of power hidden within me. I had expected a pitiful little flickering light but found a vast orb instead. Touching it made me feel energized like I could do anything. I was on a caffeine high, stronger than I had ever felt. My strength increased by leaps and bounds as the new energy flowed through me. Touching it had caused a massive change.

Feeling the energy extended my senses beyond their already superhuman heights. I could feel Gohan and knew I didn't come close. I was embarrassingly weak. Later I found a scouter, and I could determine my power levels in the galactic standard system through hindsight. I maxed out at a PL of 120. In other words, I was fodder. My stats helped out; a PL of 120 was nothing to scoff at for a normal human, but I didn't equal a 3-year-old Gohan.

After eating humble pie, I came to terms with the fact that Gohan had more potential than me as a toddler and let it go. Since no androids or overly curious Saiyan half-breeds came to bust down my door, l took stock of the tools I had.

Double Helix was a legendary rank spear with 5 weapon abilities and tons of delicious piercing damage. It was a reliable weapon, and I needed time to learn how to infuse my ki within it.

I had around 100 legendary shards, 20,000 rare shards, 120,000 uncommon shards, and nearly a million common shards in my backpack. Shards are dungeon-created resources capable of increasing stats. They had a hard cap at 100 for shards under legendary and a soft cap of legendary shards for their rarity.

There were some old camping supplies that I planned to take full advantage of, and the most important ingredient.

Covered in red amber, a dungeon seed hovered off the ground, ready to absorb the mana needed to sprout. It was one of the precious resources I managed to smuggle out of my job world, and it could help me continue my path as an adventurer. It would be the only dungeon seed on the planet with plenty of room to grow.

Unfortunately, developing would take time, and anything could happen then. It would naturally connect to the local multiverse and open doors for power-hungry adventurers to find. As it gained power from the deaths and emotions of adventurers, it would gain power and tools to use. It would take time, but I could use the dungeon's natural time dilation to gain more training time.

From what I could tell, I had 2 years before Gohan lost his life to the androids. From what I could tell, 3 years later, Trunks would go back in time. I had to surpass Super Saiyan Gohan's strength in two years to beat 17.

I had a plan though it wasn't great. Wherever I planted my dungeon, I couldn't move it. I could only abandon it to another world. Once I did that, my stat growth and gains would end, and I could only rely on ki to get stronger.

My plan was simple. I pointed my fingertips at the dungeon seed. I had a grand total of 2 spells, Accel Burst and Capture. Golden chains wrapped around the dungeon core, capturing it before it could ever develop resistance against me.

Once it was fully captured, I didn't activate it. Once it was active, it needed time, and an underground cave near a city wasn't viable. I needed to go where the androids wouldn't want to go. While Ki could protect from the elements, even Goku didn't like the cold. That gave me an idea, I would place my dungeon seed in the Arctic and use its inner chambers to grow everything I needed to survive and train.

 

Check Out Death World Menagerie Nightmare

8