BOOK 2 CHAPTER 15 – COMPLETING THE REQUEST
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 15 - COMPLETING THE REQUEST

The group arrived back to the Furnace Peaks right as the sun was setting. Everyone was exhausted and had some form of injury from the quest. 

Yin landed his summon in the caverns first. He quickly got off as the others came in after him. Yin approached waiting guards and asked for healers.

Julia pulled Cleo down with help from Lisa.

Johnny and Margaret were waiting for them when they landed. Margaret was the first to react as she grabbed an unconscious Qin off of Yin’s summon.

 He wanted to protest but was stopped by Julia. “Let Margaret heal her. I've been with them long enough to know Qin will be in good hands.” 

Margaret was fast at work with healer Qin. Julia would have to wait for her to repair Cleo’s cybernetic legs after.

Yin just watched on as his sister was taking forever to heal. The extra healers came to help but couldn't match what Margaret was capable of. He decided to go with the remaining two guards to report their findings of their mission.

The group was reunited but in rough spirits as Julia recounted the fight to Margaret and Johnny, plus the portal mage. Everyone listened intensely while Margaret used her radiant wing daggers to create new legs for Cleo.

They waited for Yin to get back to tell them how the meeting went. He informed the group the elder council would speak with them in the morning. The council was still undecided and needed more proof. They were concerned about their findings. 

However, the meeting would have to wait for the next morning. It was late by that point and everyone needed rest.

The others were confused why there was still a disagreement.

“I'm not sure what more proof we can give them from just are own testimonies.” Yin spoke aloud.

“Yeah, I would have actually liked to have seen the fight myself. It is too bad no one was there to record the whole interaction.” Johnny spoke up feeling disappointed not seeing the action. 

Hid comment gave Julia an idea. “Actually, I think I can help with that.” 

Julia told the others one of her trump card spells. She would use it for recording past events for the Radiant Alliance.

She explained she would show the fighting from her own perspective. She could use it on anyone but decided to go with herself. Since she was the only one who was in tge thick of it. Plus the only surviving guards weren't there fight the captain of the ship.

Yin liked her idea. They discussed orger things they needed to get the council's approval on. Eventually everyone left and went to sleep for the meeting the next day.

—-----

The next morning Yin came to get the others to talk to the council about assisting.

The group all arrived at the elder's chambers to make their report. Three of the elders were waiting patiently. While the green looked annoyed. The white dragoniod elder sat neutrally.

Yin was the first to speak.

“The mission was a success. Although I lost three of your best guards.” Yin looked at his father, who was the blue dragoniod. 

“Some victories come at a cost I suppose.” He just grumbled under his breath.

The green decided to speak up. To challenge Yin’s statement.

“Even though you have your two guards to back up your story. I still don't believe you.”

Yin spoke up again to prove a point by having Julia come forward with her case.

Julia presented her spell to the council. Every elder except the green were curious now. Julia casted the spell showing events that unfolded from her perspective. When it was done Julia fell to her knees as Johhny came over to her with the others. She told them she was fine. She was just exhausted from holding a spell that long.

With nothing else to show the council decided on a vote. It ended up being four against one. 

With the voting done. The next part of the meeting began. The green elder gor up without a word as he left. He had been out voted and wasn't going to help them in anyway.

They all watched as he left. The group had a feeling something was off. They ignored it for now as they listed their demands for help and what they could do I return.

The meeting had a lot of negotiating between the elders and Johhny’s group. Most of the demands were easily accepted from Qin’s mother and father. A few others had to be dealt with more serioudue.

The beacon for a portal was the hardest to get approved. The group had to swear allegiance to the dragonoid race so they wouldn't cross them. Johnny’s group along with just the portal mage and guards, ended up with a magical tattoo on their necks from doing so. They were told if they crossed them in any way. Anyone who did would die. 

Another agreement that came out of the deal was the alliance would give them support in fighting. The dragoniods also agreed to help vise versa against the rift eaters.

The meeting soon ended as everyone left the chamber. The elders went out one door while the others went through the main door.

The black and white dragonioda were concerned with the presence of the captain. 

—-----

Outside the elders chambers.

“Well I'm glad we were able to win the vote with the counsel. It is even better if we can set up a portal beacon here so that we have new allies.” Julie said.

“I'm concerned about the green elder though. The guy gives off uneasy vibes ” Johnny remarked with concern.

A few others agreed with Johnny including Julia. 

“I’ll guess we will have to watch our backs around him. Well i guess it is time to setup this portal for Orion to get here.” Johnny said as he looked at the portal mage and then the others.

“I'll be contacting Orion now.” Julia said as she used her armband to communicate with Orion.

0