BOOK 2 – CHAPTER 18 – FALLING INTO ANOTHER TRAP
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 18 - FALLING INTO ANOTHER TRAP

Johnny arrived in the nick of time to save the portal mage. She was on her last legs as she now failed to contain the spread from the barrier. 

The portal had turned into a void portal right as he emerged to help the portal mage. Knowing things would get bad Johnny drove right into the portal.

Orion had also come to assist with reinforcements as they dragged her out of harm's way.  He watched Johnny drive into tye portal as he arrived. Orion had few healers began treating the portal mage for the void essence in her body. 

Meanwhile, the new void portal Johnny entered with the girls in the Humvee turned out to be another trap. He found himself in the same derby bowl for one-on-one feuds. The arena thankfully was in the default setting with no pressure plate to run over this time.

Johnny had gotten a message that the derby would be a six vs six. He couldn’t see the other competitors as he was in the waiting lot. He was able to see that the other six on the roster were more clones of himself. Six more Johnny’s driving the Ballistic he was in.

How many times am I going to half face off against clones of myself. Johnny sighed with a groan. 

The girls were in a vehicle of their own as well. They were driving the same vehicle as Johnny and his clones. The new situation had them all in shock. As they tried to figure out what was going on. The girls had tried to bail out of their cars, but were pushed back by an invisible force.

Guessing the loathing one has no originality. 

He was glad he thought of the idea of teaching the girls to drive. His main fear was their lives ending in the new issue.

A message appeared for each of them. This derby is a 6 vs. 6 to the death derby. If a car is totaled the driver can join in another companion’s car or try to escape on foot. Using other abilities on other opponents has been nullified. Each car only is set the same with armor plating. The last one alive or running on their team wins. 

         A timer could be seen by each of them. it was counting down to when they would spawn into the arena to drive. This made the girls a bit more panicked.

         Johnny was glad he decided to give them lessons on driving with the simulator. Although, his experience was going to come in handy to help them get out of this. He quickly got on the radio and reassured them he would help them.

         “Okay, girls don’t freak out. Just let me handle these guys. If you do as I say. You shouldn’t have to worry about dying.” 

Johnny had to formulate a game plan fast. He first told Cleo and Lisa on the radio to get out of the way at all costs. He was worried with their lack of driving they would be the first to die if something wasn’t done.

         He next talked to Qin and Margaret. The two were absolute monsters when it came to destruction. He asked them to cause as much damage as they could at the start. If either of them were to be disabled. They would need to go to Julia or him.

         Johnny then talked to Julia. He needed her to keep herself out of trouble for the first part of the derby. He really needed her help later on. 

As Johnny finished up the game plan the time hit zero. Each one of them was teleported to the arena floor. Each driver was positioned around a circular platform that slightly rose above the ground. Their positioning was divided equally like the numbers on a clock. Johnny found himself in the twelve o'clock position with an enemy to either side of him. The same was set fot the rest of the drivers. Cleo was at the two o’clock, Qin at the four o o’clock, Julia was at the six o’clock, Lisa at the eight o’clock, and finally, Margaret at the ten o’clock position.

         Johnny focused on the lights above the platform as they turned on. The lights quickly changed from red to green. He quickly hit the brakes as Qin bolted past him.

 Qin was the first to floor it. She drove for the center ramp as one of the clones made for the same spot. Qin rammed the clone in the passenger side as she drove up the incline. It sent her airborne as she was the first to plow into a bunch of oil drums. Qin quickly bailed out as the car exploded as it made contact. The blast caught two of the clones in the middle of it. Her car kept sailing as it flew for Johnny.

         Johnny had to duck at the last second as Qin's flaming car somersaulted over him. it tore the roof off of his car as it sailed over. It kept rolling and tumbling. Not before it hit Cleo’s car before coming to a stop. The resulting hit knocked the left front out on Cleo’s car. 

“Was that really necessary, Qin? You could have decapitated me there?” Johnny scolded Qin as she jumped into his roofless car. He then drove off. 

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right as the lights turned green. Cleo and Lisa put there cars into reverse to get away. They were trying to put some distance between them and the clones. They both watched as Qin sent her car into a massive fireball as it collected two cars in the process. The explosion was so bright it temporarily blinded the two. When Cleo was able to refocus she saw a flaming missile heading her way. By then it was too late to dodge Qin’s flaming car. It slammed into Cleo’s left front bending the wheel so that he car was stuck.

         The other clones of Johnny took notice of the cripple car. Cleo was soon dog piled. Cleo cried over the radio for help as she kept getting hit. Lisa was the first to come to Cleo’s aid. She tried to reach Cleo but was chased off. Cleo had to sit there helplessly. Cleo stared around as she heard a noise coming from the air. She looked up as her eyes opened wide with horror.

One of Johnny’s clones had driven up the center ramp to get airborne. The car came crashing down hard into Cleo in a t-bone collision into the passenger side door. The force of the collision sent Cleo’s car tumbling. Her car was smashed into Qin’s burning wreck landing upside down. Cleo moaned over the radio in pain. The others watched as she struggled to get out. She had just gotten her belt buckles off when she was hit again. The hit sent her car rolling over again. This time she was ejected from her car. 

Even though her body was broken in angles it shouldn’t have been. Cleo turned her cybernetic arms into knives as she sailed through the air. She landed on the hood of one of Johnny’s clones. She then bounced off onto the engine hood. 

Cleo used the knives to pierce the engine hood to hang on for dear life. The clone was doing everything he could to throw Cleo off. The others were helpless to do anything for Cleo as she was hanging on. Eventually fatigue set in and she lost her grip as she was thrown off. She was not a sitting duck as she lay on the ground motionless. 

The same driver turned around to make the kill. They never could get close to her as the others came to her aid. Margaret drove her car at full speed slamming into the other driver causing the car to flip. The momentum carried Margaret as she plowed into Cleo’s car next. It caused the front axle to come off. 

Margaret quickly bailed out of her wrecked car as she ran to Cleo. Margaret grabbed her and fled before the other clones could make work of them both. She ran with Cleo to Julia’s car. Margaret was frantically trying to heal Cleo’s internal injuries. Cleo was soon stable after a quick heal over.

         By this point it was now 3 against 3. Lisa ended up being the next target. She was quickly taken out. With the other drivers focusing on her. Julia and Johnny took advantage of the chaos to knock out a fourth car. Julia lored the others away while Lisa slipped away to jump into Johnny’s car.

         It was now down to two on two. Johnny’s car was crippled but still able to drive at half speed. The hood had been torn off with the trunk completely smashed in. Julia’s car was pretty much undamaged thanks to Johnny’s efforts of getting the others off her. He was the real threat. One rival was barely moving. While the other had minor damage. Johnny had a dangerous plan in mind to finish this. He first had Qin run with Lisa to Julia as he talked out his plan.

         Johnny had Julia lore the uncrippled car near a wall for Johnny to follow. The car followed Julia as Johnny pursued. Before they reached the wall, Julia made a slight left as she clipped a destroyed car that was burning. Her car went up on two wheels as she rode the wall.

         “That girl’s got talent.” Remarked Johnny behind her as he watched Julia grinding the wall with the right side on the wall. She brought the car back on all fours as she drove off.

         Johnny now acted on his part at the same time Julia pulled away. He floored it behind the intact vehicle who was chasing Julia. Johnny rammed his car into the back of the other, sending it into the burning wreck. The car rolled over on its side as it slid from the hit. The car slid at an angle on the passenger side of the car. The car hit the wall with the engine first with the rest of the car sliding in after with the roof pinned on the wall.

         Johnny was still at full speed as he slammed into the underside of the car. The impact knocked the wind out of Johnny as his car finally died. The front end of his car was mangled and smoking. His opponent’s car didn’t fare so well. The roof had caved in from the hit. The collision also severed the fuel line on the overturned car. Gas was now spilling out of the wreck. The spilling fuel soon ignited.

         Johnny was trying to refire his car even though his car was totalled. He needed to get away from the burning fuel. He kept turning the key hoping the car would restart. 

Come on, come on. Julia needs my help. Thought Johnny with frustration. Finally, he was able to get the car restarted after the fifth try. He tried to put the car in reverse and turned the wheel to the right. He was so focused on getting back to helping Julia he didn’t see the other driver until it was too late.

         The last of Johnny’s clones t-boned Johnny in the driver side door. The hit knocked the wind out of Johnny as he was knocked right into the underside of the other crushed car. This time Johnny’s car finally died. The last remaining car reversed it and then rammed into Johnny again. He frantically tried to get out of his seat before he could be hit again. The hit came faster than Johnny could manage to get free. This time he was pinned. He screamed in agony from the hit. Something must have broken. Johnny thought as he cried in pain. The left side of his body was in terrible pain. The door had caught on his left leg.

Meanwhile, his car started to catch fire. Johnny began to cough from the smoke. Johnny had a good idea this was the end. To think I’d survived all the Banzai Bangers derbies only to succum to myself. How ironic. He thought to himself, spitting up blood. He closed his eyes as he waited for his fate. He listened to his opponent reversed again. 

Johnny took in a deep breath as he waited for the hit to finish him. It never came as he heard a loud crash. He opened his eyes to see the car had been t-boned by Julia. The car was now disabled like his. His remaining clone climbed out and started to run from the wreck. Lisa chased after the clone. Julia, Qin, and Margaret on the other hand, came running over to him. I’m glad she could do it. Thought Johnny. He was helpless as the flames were now beginning to consume his car. Johnny saw the frantic look on their faces.

Julia pulled something out of a belt. “You should probably drink this. It is a sleeping potion. With those injuries I don’t want to further injure you when we pull you out.” She told Johnny. He just nodded. As Julia poured it down his throat. Johnny’s eyes became heavy as he dozed off…

Johnny woke up feeling stiff in his body. He was staring up at the girls who sighed with relief. “What happened?” Asked Johnny as he tried to sit up but was sore.He found they were in some sort of prison cell. He wondered why they were locked up. He decided to ask Julia about that with her story.

Julia was the first to respond. “Your dangerous plan worked. Although I hope we don’t have to ever do that again. Seriously, how many times are you going to almost get yourself killed trying to save us?” Julia sighed in frustration.

“I can’t help it, I like to be in the middle of danger.” Johnny shrugged with a grin.

Johnny looked around and saw Cleo wasn’t with them. “Where is Cleo.” He asked with a concerned tone.

“She is resting. Margaret was able to heal here after her near face with death. The others took her to the medical ward to be looked at.” Julia responded. 

Johnny let a sigh out of relief.

“Anyways, Qin pulled you out from the wreckage. Just mere moments before your car ended up exploding with the other car. Margaret and I then spent the time healing your internal injuries. Qin stood on guard just in case. Lisa was able to finish off the remaining clone with no issue. After the last one was killed, we were warped out of the portal. The void core also fell into your lap when we returned. I gave it to Albert to hide it in that vehicle of yours.” Replied Julia with some concern in her tone.

“So why are we all locked up? I wasn’t expecting this…” Johnny complained. 

“A few on the council think we are responsible for the whole mess. Orion and his allies are trying to get us free. For now we honestly shouldn’t try to cause any trouble.” Julia finished with frustration in her voice. 

With nothing better to do Johnny dozed off while the others did their own things.

0