BOOK 2 – CHAPTER 5 – THE FURNACE PEAKS
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 5 – THE FURNACE PEAKS

         Qin was talking to her brother Yin as they approached the furnace peaks. She would occasionally look back to check on everyone else. Johnny was still slumped unconscious riding one of Qin’s metallic summons. Julia was next to him on another summons as they flew. She kept at the same pace with Johnny as they flew to keep him from falling off. Margaret, Cleo, and Lisa took up in formation behind them.

“I had no idea you were still alive, Qin. All I remember was you plummeting towards our doomed world as the main mother ship began to break apart from an attack. I thought you had sacrificed yourself to save everyone else.” Yin said to Qin.

“The memory is fuzzy. To sum up what happened. I plummeted back towards the planets surface trapped in one of the smaller starships. I had lured all the monsters there in a last ditch effort to save everyone else. I knew the end was near when our world's guardian Tiamat, gave me an ability. She told me it could only be used when I ran out of energy. Judgement Day. Knowing I was near my limit trapped in the falling starship I gave it all I had. Before I blacked out.” Qin said to Yin who was now in tears. 

“I honestly don't recall what happened after that. I woke up thinking I was in the afterlife. That is when I met Orion and Julia. It took some convincing I wasn't dead. They had explained to me what had happened.” 

“I was at death's door when they found me. They said I was corrupted with void essence as I lay there dying. My wings, feet, and hands were beyond saving. They had to amputate my limbs to save me. They then were replaced by cybernetic parts. At first I was horrified, but was grateful I could still move. It took some time to get use too. I eventually joined there hoping I could find you guys alive hopefully one day.” Qin finished as she rubbed her eyes.

Yin sat in silence before comforting her. “Well at least we are back together again.” 

He said as Qin stared at him as she spoke.

“Right now I work with an organization called the radiant alliance. We came here to do a recon mission to set up a beacon back in the swamps with our portal mage.” Qin said to Yin as she looked back at the portal mage and the guards.

“As you saw we were attacked by that airship when we arrived a little later on. Your timing couldn't have been more perfect though. I was on my last legs. Thank goodness i didn't have to fall unconscious using judgment day.” Qin said to Yin with a grim tone.

“Anyways, we could use more allies to fight the threat we faced. I was hoping whoever you work for could join us?” Qin asked her brother with a smile.

“Unfortunately, that isn't my call we will have to talk to our factions leaders on the issue. I'll see what I can do though.” Yin replied to Qin. From then they flew in silence.

About halfway to the peaks Johnny began to wake. He almost fell off Qin’s summon. Julia was quick to catch him before he could fall to his death.

“Easy there. I don’t want you to fall to your death when I already kept you alive this far.” Julia smirked at Johnny.

Johnny only managed to get a moan out. “What exactly happened? All I remember is hitting a tree and….” Johnny lost his voice as he recalled what he had done. 

Stupidity is gonna get me killed one day. Johnny thought to himself as he recalled killing the mantis humanoid.

Johnny swallowed his throat as he spoke to Julia asking her what had happened. She quickly told him how she once again had to heal him. Qin had to assist with the healing as well. While they shielded him from the attacks from the airship.

They were almost done in for when the group of dragoniods and their summons took out the airship. One of their rescuers turned out to be one of Qin’s brothers Yin. 

Julia had told Johnny that she was able to get of hold of Orion. She had a weak signal but was able to inform them of their situation. Orion told her to she if she could talk with the counsel when they met with them. To see if they could have a beacon setup to the radiant alliance. In the meantime he would be getting a squad together to help as reinforcements.

Now they were on the way to a place called the furnace peaks.

Johnny was impressed with the size of the peaks. I wish Carly was here to see this. She would get a kick out of the volcanic landscape. Thought Johnny. Thinking of some of his family made him feel homesick. I hope Jamie is doing okay without me.

The furnace peaks were coming up into view the longer they flew. Some of the peaks stretched high into the cloud tops. One peak was bigger than the rest as it sat in the middle of all the others. The extinct volcano was four times as big as any of the others around it.

Yin spoke up as they were approaching the first of the volcanic peaks. “Alright everyone. Listen up. I need everyone to follow in formation as we head for the center peak.” Yin spoke aloud as he was pointing towards the biggest of the furnace peaks.

Johnny was impressed with the inside of the cavern they landed in. The cavern was huge. The cavern in Johnny's opinion had to be a half a mile wide in diameter. The ground of the cavern had been flattened down so no stalagmites were growing out of the floor.

There were many other dragon summons taking off from the cavern. Other dragonoids could be seen wandering around the cavern doing tasks. Some were helping loaf up summons for fights. Others for recon or message deliveries. The whole place was a hive of activity as dragons came and went.

His group was the first to land inside as the others came in behind. He watched the others land inside. The biggest dragon was carrying the prototype. The transport was in terrible shape and would need a lot of work on it. 

Johnny just sighed at the destroyed vehicle. I'm still glad the frame held up at least. 

The groups dismounted off of the dragon summons as everyone was ordered to group up.

Yin formed up as their lead guide. He ordered more guards to follow. 

“It is time we met with the elders to see what they suggest on the matter.”

0