51 Monster Cooking Class (1)
52 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
"Hey, is there any class you plan to go to today?" Alfred asked.
 
 
Alfred, Sayan, Jake and Ares already planned to join the warrior mage class together. They were currently at the cafeteria to eat lunch.
 
 
"C-can I have an eggless omelette please," Sayan told the kitchen staff his order.
 
 
"There's no eggless omelette," the waiter couldn't help but frowned.
 
 
"Oh you can't cook it today?" Sayan inquired since Robin had asked him to pack him lunch because he was too busy and tired due to the elective classes he attended. 
 
 
Since Sayan was living in the same Amethyst residential building, he could just drop the lunch pack at Robin's dorm.
 
 
"It's not because we can't cook it but there is no eggless omelette. It doesn't exist."
 
 
"Err why not? M-My friend said he likes it," Sayan became more confused.
 
 
"Ok student, if there is no bread for bread stick, then what's left?" The staff asked while gritting his teeth.
 
 
"The stick?"
 
 
"No yo- Please order something else student."
 
 
Ares and Alfred actually heard what Sayan said to the waiter but before Alfred managed to say anything, Ares was already hinting him to stay silent.
 
 
Sayan looked dejected and he didn't know what to order for Robin's lunch and seeing Sayan on the brink of crying Ares decided to step in.
 
 
"Just give my friend an omelette with only two egg yolks, no whites. A serving of white rice and chicken Tomyam along with it. I want a fully cooked tenderloin steak marinated with black pepper sauce, mashed potato, a bowl of vegetable salad and mixed fruit salad, for five servings. Last one is a sweet and spicy grilled chicken wings and drumsticks with a bowl of beef lasagna and grilled sweet potato. Pack all of them as takeaways," Ares gave his food order. 
 
 
The waiter immediately jotted down the order and went back into the kitchen.
 
 
"Oh i-is that how you order an eggless omelette? O-omelette with only egg yolks and no white. W-Why is it so c-complicated?" Sayan asked.
 
 
 
Alfred's face already turned red and no one knew whether it was because he was embarrassed or frustrated, "There is no eggless omelette. Omelette is an egg being stirred before you cook. You have to have an egg to cook omelette. Like fried rice. You need to have rice to cook fried rice."
 
 
"????? Y-you can't not have eggs to make omelette? B-But Robin said he likes eggless omelette."
 
 
"He was just messing with you for Goddess sake. Should I burn that Robin after I burn Raven?" Alfred muttered.
 
 
"A-Are you ok Alfred? Y-you looked like you have a fever," Sayan said seemingly concerned.
 
 
"I'm fine. Don't listen to what those devils say anymore. They are ruining your mind. Just listen to me and Ares."
 
 
Seeing that Alfred looked weird, Sayan only replied meekly, "O-ok."
 
 
Jake on the other hand remained silent even though he wanted to laugh but he refrained himself from doing so because he knew Alfred would be angrier if he did.
 
 
"I want to take a rest early and think about which elective I wanted to choose. I might choose two or three subjects but not more than that," Jake said in order to change the topic.
 
 
"Me too," Sayan chimed in.
 
 
The others are still currently attending classes or maybe already went back to their dorms. Due to their busy schedule for the past one week, none of them have time to cause trouble, especially when they saw the Vice Chief, Silver Pasha always came to check on them from time to time.
 
 
"I want to go to Monster Cooking class after this," Ares replied.
 
 
 
"Ok good luck. I heard quite a lot of female students also joined that class," Alfred said.
 
 
What Alfred said was actually an understatement. The quota for that class was the first to be filled and Ares only managed to join due the Chief Director and his sister's help.
 
 
 
After they parted ways, Ares went to find the Monster Cooking class and when he checked, it was actually outside, near the forest where the Harvest Game was held a few weeks ago.
 
 
There were already a few students waiting around the area and Ares saw someone that he almost forgot would be there, Melinda Manic.
 
 
Upon seeing him, Melinda also nodded her head slightly and didn't seem to want to greet him and Ares also did the same since their relationship was only that of a supplier and a customer and nothing more.
 
 
He had supplied demonic monsters to Melinda twice so far and he also hinted at her about the experiment she was doing to help her achieve a breakthrough faster without the help of the protagonist.
 
 
In the plot, Cedric helped Melinda when he showed her his holy power and that was when Melinda got an inspiration from and completed the final product.
 
 
How and why holy power could help in making spell cards that mainly used mana? Ares also didn't know and the more he thought about it the more he felt confused.
 
 
 
"Hey guys~ Good afternoon everyone."
 
 
A man with a huge beard suddenly appeared wearing a tight shirt that was not properly buttoned making everyone could see red marks on his tan skin.
 
 
Students started to whisper to each other since they weren't naive not to know where those marks might come from.
 
 
Following behind him was an assistant professor that had light brown hair and light green eyes. He also has perfectly sculptured facial features along with the alluring lips that were currently smiling towards the students.
 
 
He was the reason why many female students were interested in this elective class.
 
 
"It seems you guys are as energetic as ever so how about we do some exercise today. Create a group with each other and find this animal inside the forest. The one who succeeds within two hours will be given a special prize."
 
 
 
In his hand was a picture of a species of bird that looked normal and small. Obviously it wasn't a monster.
 
 
"........." The students were mostly stunned by the sudden task.
 
 
"What? You guys don't want to?" He asked.
 
 
"Ehem Sir. Do we have to bring it alive or dead?"
 
 
"No, that's not the real question but isn't this a Monster Cooking class so why should we search for this bird?" Another student said,
 
 
"Ok first, most monsters came from dungeons but what does dungeon really meant? You red head, answer me."
 
 
Ares looked around him and unfortunately there were no other students that had red hair in any shades other than him.
 
 
"Dungeons are places with limited space, containing habitats or some kind like a normal world structure inside it," Ares answered calmly.
 
 
"What if the dungeon was empty and there was only empty dark space inside it? What do you call it?"
 
 
 
"It's still a dungeon." Isn't the real dictionary meaning of dungeon is a confined space underground like a prison cell?
 
 
"Correct. Now does that mean we can only learn about dungeons when we're inside a dungeon?"
 
 
'Why does he keep asking me?'
 
 
"No, we can observe it from the outside and make comparisons with anything similar in our real world."
 
 
"Perfect answer. That means we also don't need to go inside the dungeon to start learning about monsters before we cook them but we must first learn about our surrounding area, the area you guys have been inside, the forest. A good cook is someone that knows what to do to take advantage of the place he is at."
 
 
 
".........."
 
 
"Ok now start moving. The clock is ticking tick tock tick tock."
 
 
"Ok Sir."
 
 
"Should we be in the same group?"
 
 
The students all looked half hearted but they started to be in groups except for two people, Melinda and Ares.
 
 
The former was avoided by other students because she would glare at any students that dared to even think of trying to talk to her while the latter was avoided by other students even though he did nothing to them.
 
 
"Hey, want to be in a group with me?" Melinda said something unexpected that made Ares suspect she might be a clone Melinda sent but seeing those sharp glaring eyes, Ares just nodded his head.
 
 
"Sure."
 
 
"Let's look at the map first. That bird looked small and had a unique thin and long beak," Melinda said while showing the forest map to him.
 
 
"Doesn't it look like a mutated Honeybird," Ares said since it looked really similar to the bird he once saw a few times at Heptagon Greenhouse before.
 
 
"Oh yes, its name is Long Beak Honeybird. I almost forgot about that, thus that makes it easier for us to find it," Melinda said pointing towards a point on the map.
 
 
"I'm sure the only place with the highest possibility of it being there will be here."
 
 
 
Thus without further ado, both of them quickly went to the area they suspected to be most likely where the bird they needed to catch was.
 
 
 
Seeing the last two students already gone, the huge man with a thin beard let out a breath of relief.
 
 
"Damn, it's my first day teaching the first year and why are there so many students coming here? I thought no one would be interested in this kind of elective that has no use in combat," Bernard Sarkozi said.
 
 
"Maybe it's because the two students from two Duke households are here," the slightly younger man with a bright smile said to him. He was Ciel Dunner, the teaching assistant.
 
 
"Tch, I shouldn't bring you here if I knew they would look at you like that. Who told you to be so good looking?"
 
 
"Eyy, don't pout. I might get carried away if you continue acting this cute."
 
 
"Have a little self control please. We were almost late because of what you did to me in my office. Fortunately the office was soundproof," Bernard was frowning when he remembered he did something he shouldn't do inside his office room.
 
 
"Pfft ok I won't tease you anymore."
 
 
 
"But it's still weird why those two are interested in this class," Bernard change the topic instantly.
 
 
"Especially that red head," he continued saying when Ciel didn't respond.
 
 
Ciel's smile flatter a bit, "Who would have thought he would be here in this class out of any other classes."
 
 
 
Meanwhile inside the forest, the students scattered around the area and they didn't even stumble upon any monsters.
 
 
"Maybe the monsters were transferred elsewhere for some reason after the Harvest Game," one male student suggested.
 
 
"To be honest, I don't mind those monster if it meant I don't have to interact with that Targael," a female student said.
 
 
"He doesn't look that bad."
 
 
"Wait until he open his mask and show you a nightmare of a century."
 
 
"Is his face that ugly? His sister is so pretty though."
 
 
 
They chattered while walking around the area and they didn't even realized that two figures had just passed by them.
 
 
"Are they on a stroll? I don't want my grade to be lowered because of them," Melinda muttered.
 
 
"I don't think those two professors are that rigid. They looked too easy going," Ares said.
 
 
And that was what described in the novel. Those two were actually a male-male couple and there was no rule stating that dating is forbidden in Heptagon but many female students were devastated that Ciel Dunner already had a boyfriend since most of the reason why those female students joined this class was to see him.
 
 
Melinda glanced at Ares before she said, "It seems you already know about those two. So how deep did you investigate? Let me guess, you might even know who's the bottom and who's the top right?"
 
 
'What bottom and top?' Ares was confused for a moment before he understood what Melinda mean.
 
 
 
Not getting any response, Melinda just thought Ares really did indeed investigate that deep and accidentally know information that he didn't want to know.
 
 
"Shh," Ares suddenly stopped and signaled Melinda to also stop and be quiet.
 
 
Not far in front of them was a small blue bird with a thin beak flying around the flowers blooming in the area. Even though it was small, and looked weak, it has good agility and hard to catch.
 
 
"Good, now my turn. You just watch out for any students coming this way," Melinda said.
 
 
Ares just nodded his head because he already planned to ask Melinda to catch it since he didn't have any skill to handle such small creature.
 
 
Thin almost transparent mana strings started to float in the air following Melinda's control, slowly heading towards the bird. The strings slowly form a net and in a blink of an eye, the bird was immediately caught by the mana net before Melinda brought it back to her hands.
 
 
 
Since he already planned to take the Monster Cooking class, Ares brought a transparent lunch box with him and that was where they put the bird. The box was imbued with magic circles that allow the oxygen to get into it despite it looked like an airtight container.
 
 
 
"Let's go back," Melinda said.
 
 
 
 
However on their way back, they stumbled upon the same students they met before and the five of them were currently facing a huge bull that have flames burning its two sharp horns.
 
 
They failed to land any attacks towards the bull because it kept evading the attacks while continue trying to stab them with its horn.
 
 
"That's what you got when you lower your guard to the ground as if you're take a stroll in a park," Melinda muttered.
 
 
 
Ares didn't reply and just took out a few daggers before he throw them towards the bull. The way he throw it looked random but all of the daggers managed to stab the bull and almost immediately the bull fall to the ground and that was when the students started to frantically attack it until it died.
 
 
 
The daggers that previously stabbed the bull started to float around before it went towards the direction it came from and when they looked around, they saw two students stood not far from them, obviously watching them fighting the bull.
 
 
Before they even said anything, the two students already walked away.
 
 
"See what I told you. The Targael and the Manic aren't that bad."
 
 
"Well they are from the highest rank noble families so I don't think they want to waste time bullying commoners like us."
 
 
"He's just showing off."
 
 
"You ungrateful bastard. No matter why he did what he did, he still help us so shouldn't you feel thankful instead?"
 
 
"Calm down both of you. So should we bring this bull back? The timer already ended so we need to go back now."
 
 
"Let just bring this back. It's better than nothing."
 
 
3