2
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kasperine sat in the plush, high-end salon chair, her perfectly manicured fingers tapping on the armrest. She hummed along to the angelic background music, revealing her status as the center of attention. Not only was she a beauty without comparison, but she was also the granddaughter of one of the richest men in the country. Spoiled rotten by her doting grandfather, Kasperine had very little empathy for the less privileged and considered them no more than the dirt beneath her shoe.

As the salon's top customer, Kasperine was surrounded by a team of skilled beauticians attending to every detail of her appearance. Her long, dark hair was being expertly styled, while her nails were being meticulously painted with the latest trendy shade of purple. Just when she thought her day was perfect, the service lady accidentally bumped into her, causing her hand to shake and smudging the nail polish on her finger. A drop of purple polish also fell onto her off-white tulle dress.

The nail technician froze and looked up at Kasperine with a horrified expression. "Did... Did you just ruin my nail polish?" Kasperine took a deep breath before speaking in a hateful voice, glaring at the woman who had bumped into her. "I am so sorry, I will fix it," the technician said in a breathy voice, her face turning pale. Kasperine had a huge ego and very little patience, making her the worst kind of client, and everyone in the salon knew it. Sadly for the technician, it seemed that this was her unlucky day as she was immediately fired.

"Fix it? How do you intend to fix this dress?" Kasperine growled. "I need to speak to your manager! You ruined my favorite dress! Do you even know how much it costs?"

There was dead silence in the room, and the other clients gave the poor technician sympathetic looks. "Please don't fire me, I need this job," the girl fell to her knees, tears forming in her eyes.

"You should have thought about that before you ruined my dress," Kasperine snapped. She continued to berate the technician until the manager rushed to the scene, looking worried. "Miss Kasperine, I am so sorry for whatever happened here, and I will do whatever I can to fix your issue," she said with extreme dedication.

"What kind of staff have you hired? Look, she has ruined my dress! I had to go to a party tonight, and now everything is ruined! This pathetic..." Kasperine couldn't hold herself back from spouting the most indecent words in her vocabulary.

"Okay, I understand. We will compensate you for your loss and fire her immediately. We are very sorry! We truly are," the manager continued to apologize until Kasperine saw the technician get fired and kicked out of the salon right in front of her eyes.

After that, Kasperine didn't stay for long and walked out in a fit of anger. Everyone finally breathed a sigh of relief when they saw her leave. There were sudden murmurs that broke out in the salon, discussing her spoiled and privileged behavior. For the manager, it was bad news because Kasperine was a woman who held great power. Even her presence or absence in a place could make or break a business. For her to storm out like that meant that the salon was about to shut down for good, and she had to find herself a new job soon.

"Pick up the phone, damn it!!" Kasperine walked through the mall, holding her phone against her ear as she grumbled angrily. She peeled off the nail polish from her pinky with her thumb with agitation and minced her teeth hatefully.

"What took you so long?! Where are you?" she growled when the person on the other end finally picked up her call.

"Baby! I was at the gym, my phone was not by my side." said the man in a breathy voice, as if he really was at the gym, but for Kasperine, it was deeply unconvincing.

"I am having the worst day of my life!! And I need you to be here right now! Pick me up!" she grumbled.

"Baby, I can't do that now. I have to be at my father's place after exercise. You know the old man, he is always nagging me that I don't visit more often."

Kasperine lifted her eyebrow and felt deeply offended. "So, you are not coming? Okay then, stay at your gym," she said arrogantly and took the phone away from her ear, but she heard a low moan before the phone ended, and her face twisted. She looked at her phone screen and burnt holes in it. She redialed her boyfriend's number, but his phone was turned off this time, making her give out scoff.

"He – he dares to switch his phone off?! On me?" She breathed out fire and went to her contacts and searched for another name before calling him.

Unlike her boyfriend, the man picked up pretty quickly. "Hello?" he said.

"Where is Swen?" she asked in an agitated tone.

"At his apartment, why do you ask?" the man asked, but he was too delusional to think that Kasperine would entertain his curiosity and answer him. She ended the call and gave out a cold laugh. "You lied to me!" she grumbled and rushed to the parking lot and started the engine of her latest model car, painted in the shade of purple. It was a gift from her grandfather, who knew how much she adored that shade.

Kasperine drove roughly out of the parking lot and towards Swen's apartment, which was a two-minute drive from the salon where she was.

Within no time, she was at his apartment, standing out of the door, ringing the bell nonstop until the door opened, and a small, pale face appeared before her eyes. She had long black hair and round black eyes, curtained with her heavy eyelashes. She had a curvy figure that was visible through the thin buttoned shirt she wore, still unbuttoned from the top, revealing her delicate neckline, where she wore a slim necklace that had two initials carved into it. "RK."

"Kas? You?" Rose.

"Hah! Working out. I see," she gave out a cold laugh. She held disappointment in her eyes as if she didn't believe she was seeing this unfold before her eyes.

"Darling, who is it?" Swen's voice came from behind, and he appeared in view after a few seconds, wearing a bathrobe. The girl was unable to speak, and so was Swen, who stood there frozen. Kasperine didn't even bat a second eye to the girl and pushed her away, heading inside the apartment.

"You dare cheat on me? You dare cheat on me!!" She screamed and hit him with her bag angrily.

"Kas! Baby, let me explain! It is not how you think!" He defended his actions.

"Let me explain. How do you explain a naked girl in your house? And you're calling her a darling!!" Her anger was clearly visible as veins were popping out of her forehead. She grabbed the nearest glass she saw and threw it at him, but he dodged it. The glass shattered on the floor, making a loud crashing sound.

"It was her!! She seduced me!! You always knew that people like me didn't you?" He came closer to her and grabbed her shoulder, calming her down.

"Hah! So now it's the girl's fault? You're telling me you're so weak that you're unable to keep that thing in your pants just because a woman seduced you?" Kasperine lashed out even more.

"You'll see what I do to you." She breathed heavily and pushed him away.

"You cheated on me, with my…" She choked and turned to look at Rose, who had tears in her eyes and was kneading her fingers together with guilt. "My friend. I'll make you regret it." She took a deep breath. It seemed that more than her boyfriend's betrayal, she was shaken by her friend's action.

"What are you talking about Kas? Let's sort things out like adults. You don't have to be like this." Swen spoke and tried to approach her.

"No Swen, I am dealing with this like an adult. I'll make your father's company go bankrupt by tomorrow. And I'll see you regret deceiving me like this." She spat at him, making his face go blank. Kas walked out of the apartment and gave Rose one last glance.

Swen's expression was petrified, and his back shivered with cold after hearing Kas's threat. He knew it wasn't just empty words and he had to do something about it. He quickly followed her and saw her get into the elevator. He rushed behind her with a heavy glass decoration piece in his hand that he had picked up as he rushed behind her.

0