The first step
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tret was watching a program on the tv mounted on the wall of an abandoned building. He slowly reaches for food when suddenly the program he was watching is suddenly interrupted and switches to news which explains sudden appearances of unknown cracks in the air around the world. This picks his interest and he continues to watch the news. The screen shows military personnel trying to get in the cracks with no progress.

He quickly gets bored and walks towards the window or the edge of the room as there are no walls in the building only pillers holding the structure. He looks down from the top of this massive 100 floor building. This building was abandoned and never completed. He suddenly feels a little sad remembering this and gets back to his sofa to continue watching the news.

The news has turned to chaos as the screen shows various types of monsters appearing from the cracks to attack the military personnels. He continues watching as the monsters pour out of the crack. This continues until the line of defence is broken and the cameraman is attacked. The camera shows the clear blue sky for some time until a green monster surrounded by black aura and red eyes looks directly into the camera and destroys it. This scares people around the world with some speculating it being the end of the world.

Tret is stunned as he looks into what looks like a pop up ad of some sorts in front of his eyes. He rubs his eyes believing it will go away but it doesn't so he tries to read the content in the window.

<You have discovered the traces of disaster class monsters. >

<You are now elegible to learn about disasters. >

He continues looking into this words but doesn't understand them and tries to touch the words to see if the have some effect and they do.

<Disaster class monsters or simply disasters are uncommon monsters who have higher potential then rest of the monsters and are monsters who feed off emotions of their victim. They posses certain aura around them that differentiates them from the rest. >

He presses the screen again and they change.

<You have been selected as the "keeper of disasters" are given several rights to exercise against such monsters. >

<Tret lv:1

Job:keeper of disasters ( Increases you attributes by 300% when facing against disasters)

Strength :10

Agility:10

Magic:10

Endurance :10

Luck:10

Skills: Pouch of disasters (lets you store disasters for a certain amount of time) 

Cage of disasters(lets you store disasters for indefinite amount of time.) 

Keeper of disasters (lets you eat on the emotions caused by disasters under you. This skill provides you buff according to the amount of emotions you feed on. Current buff:0%) >

Tret is confused by all this but understands one thing that he can fight this so class disasters more easily than others and can also store them for some reason. Tret suddenly realises something as he looks at the skill "keeper of diasaters" which increases his strength according to the amount of emotions he feeds on. So that it must have some connections with the pouch which stores these disasters. He understands this and thinks what this will mean for him but he is not ready to go out there and fight these monsters. Tret plans to stay quietly in his house for some day and see how the world reacts to this phenomenon. 

Before that he tries to use his skills. 

<"pouch of disasters" opens a black portle like dimension near him about his size. >

<"cage of disasters" sets a boundry around a certain area it can expand to edges of his flat easily. >

<"keeper of disasters" allows him to open a mouth like cavity full of teeths in his hand which he thinks is very creepy. >

Within a week of start of these phenomenon people with magical jobs start appearing and fighting these monsters. But not everything is sunshine and butterflies some monsters are invulnerable to modern weaponry and many cities are lost to the monsters. Government have started using thermal weapons in those areas while some operations were successful some thermal weapons only enraged the monsters in that areas. So the magical jobs which started appearing gained attention as their skills were effective against these monsters. Within this week alone a lot had changed in the world. Laws against purchase of weapons were forcefully abolished. Many crimes were conducted on daily basis and laws and orders were the last of concern for many people. 

Some more days passed and government and private companies have started gathering people with magical jobs and making them into their own forces. Research on various monsters and materials have started. 

This day tret's daily routine is interrupted by a notification. 

<A disaster has been discovered near your vicinity. Kill or Capture the disaster. >

Tret looks at the notification and frowns. He looks around the floor and finds nothing so he starts heading to the lower floors. After checking 50 floors one by one he finally finds the disaster or disasters as there is a group of monsters infront of him from which a pair has the characteristics of disasters. Tret looks at what appears to be a group of goblin riders. A pack of 10 goblins with their wolf partners and at the very back a pair of wolf and goblin oozing black fumes. 

As the two side notice each other one flees and another chases after picking a metal rod lying in the ground and hides behind a piller. His mind works quickly as he thinks of a way. He remembers he deals extra damage to disasters and chooses to attack that pair first. He throws caution to the air and rushes to the pair oozing black fumes. He thrusts his metal rod towards the goblin but before the rod reaches the goblin the rod bends very unnaturally like it had melted and frozen very fast. The rod looks like an umbrella now and a notification pops. 

<"disaster of metal" cannot be harmed with metal. >

He is stunned but doesn't stop he turns around quickly and runs away. The pair calls for its companions who had seperated with a whistle and starts chasing Tret. Tret thinks of a way but realises he is helpless as the only weapon he has doesnt work on the monster. When suddenly he stops turns back and faces the monsters. The goblin rider seeing this pounces at Tret and suddenly at that moment Tret opens <pouch of disasters " infront of him like a shield. The goblin rider goes in the chest and a notification rings. 

<Captured>

Tret runs to the stairs without looking back. The wolves struggle to climb quickly and Tret gets into the elevator just barely and returns to the top floor. 

0