Departure II
1.8k 3 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a lot of chatter, it was time for the Red Head Pirates to sail. Mihawk walked up to the still-talking group and took Veyron by his shoulders.

"Hey, girls..." She addressed the trio.

!!!

The three Boa sisters perked up to hear what she had to say to them. By now they knew the strongest individual in this grove was likely her with even the legendary Silvers Rayleigh admitting that he wouldn't have a chance against her as he is now but they'd have to have a duel to check that up (he didn't want to).

Mihawk glared at the three sweating girls until Veyron told her to stop scaring them off.

"Take care of this brat while I'm away. If something happened to him, I don't know what I'd do".

'I don't think we're strong enough to take care of him!' Hancock thought, a little downcast to be given such a 'responsibility' but at the same time she felt motivated to become stronger.

Mihawk's hands clenched up on his shoulders, It may have been her senses or a premonition, but she was wise enough to know that now that he had revealed his face and powers to the world, things wouldn't be easy for him.

In the end, she also smiled to herself, feeling relieved that he was capable of protecting himself. This was truly the moment in which she couldn't teach him anything else... he was on his own.

Shakky giggled, 'She's completely off her heels. Just wait for him to grow up, missy. No need to be anxious'.

If only she knew that these two had already gone beyond kissing and broke almost every possible taboo that could be broken.

"Aaaaa…" Shanks groaned in annoyance and stepped over; approaching Veyron.

"…"

Both regarded one another for a second, Veyron felt acknowledgement from Shanks' gaze. He was no longer being looked at as 'the brat that Mihawk picked up', instead he was being looked at as 'the monster that Mihawk picked up'. Which wasn't much different in literature as it was in implications.

"You're powerful, kiddo. What are you going to be when you grow up?"

"Huh?" Veyron tilted his head, that was a rather childish question to ask someone, it wasn't until Shanks explained further that he realised the importance of the question.

"Pirate, marine, revolutionary… a civilian. What do you want to be?"

All eyes and ears perked up, waiting. Whatever rank he chose to join would end up gaining a massive powerhouse that could not be overlooked.

"I don't know yet. I'd like to be a pirate... but I feel what I want to achieve won't be achieved with that. I'd like to be a marine, but their justice is flawed and they're puppets of the government. As for being a revolutionary... I don't like following someone else's ideals".

"…"

Jaws dropped, Is that the answer a seven-year-old kid would say? but then again... a normal seven-year-old kid wouldn't be this powerful.

They never expected an answer this deep.

"So, neither of them?"

"Neither. I'll stick to my own principles and my own strength, like my mom here" He pointed at Mihawk who smiled in return, prideful of his choice.

She was a pirate although not by choice, it just happened that being a pirate aligned with her objectives. The moment being a pirate stopped being 'profitable' she'd stop. Even now, after defeating Leonidas, she no longer had any need to sail with Shanks if not for a word promise she made to him, promising to help him find that devil fruit, a task that was more troublesome than what she originally signed for.

...

"You know that soon your wanted poster is going to come out in the newspapers, labelling you as a pirate whether you want it or not. If you're not with the government, you're against them, Veyron" Shanks' voice was serious.

"I know. But if it came to the point where I decide to openly confront the government, I'll create my own faction instead of joining one".

"Ho?~"

"I'll call it the liberators" The boy smiled, it wasn't his type or Mihawk's type to be led by anyone.

'So that's your choice'.

Shanks ruffled his hair and laughed, "Doesn't sound bad, kid" he took something out of his pocket, it was a vibrecard.

"Here, If you ever need me, you know where to find me".

"Shanks…thank you, I'll keep it safe".

They had their ups and downs, mostly due to chasing the same woman, but to him, Shanks was still a respectable individual, even if he was an enigma.

Shanks then extended his hand forward, intending to receive something. Mihawk intercepted it.

She took a sheet of paper out of her hat, "This is your paper of life, I made it for you secretly after taking one of your fingernails. Give pieces of it to those you consider important and want them to know your location, I assume you already know how it works".

The boy scratched his head awkwardly and gave the surprised Yassop his vibrecard back, the man had been so drunk that even to this point he didn't notice it was missing.

'So that's how she found me back then'.

Mihawk had already torn a piece for herself. Veyron looked at Shanks and tore a piece of his vibrecard, both of them shook their left hands and Veyron sighed, this was the arm he was going to lose in the future.

"Take care of your arm".

"Huh?"

"Just saying...".

Shanks walked away, a bit irked by his comment and thought about the choice he had to make soon enough whenever he got that fruit. He'd have to choose who to give it to, and that action alone would set in motion a course of events that would determine who won this war between good and evil.

On one side was the will of whom he considered his father and teacher, Gol D. Roger... who after leaving behind his straw hat, told him to give to the one that shall inherit the will of Joyboy. It was his mission to find this person.

On the other side, there was his biological father, the leader of the Knights of God, Figarland Garling who had presented to him one day, telling him who he really was and what his mission was. To infiltrate the D's and plunder away the 'Gomu Gomu' no Mi that would instinctively seek the members of this clan, once he got the fruit, give it to him for 'safe keeping'.

He feared the day that fruit would present itself in front of him. Only then would he have to make a choice and bear the responsibility for whatever happened next.

...

Mihawk's coat waved, looking at her son one last time for years. It has been a journey she'd repeat with pleasure, raising a son... especially if the one she had to raise next would be hers and his.

She thought it was good that he followed her instead of remaining in Rusukaina, 'There will be consequences, but you're strong enough'.

"If you defeat me I'll join your faction" She stated suddenly much to his shock as he thought of her for someone who would always determinedly stay out of politics.

"Hehe~ that's a promise" Veyron knew that day was far away, but it would eventually happen. And when that happened he didn't intend to give her a position any lower than his.

Mihawk turned around and waved her hands backwards one last time.

"I love you, Veyron".

!!!

'I can't wait for you to grow up into a fine, handsome and wonderful young man. Until then, I'll save the husband spot for you'.

The way she said it and how she didn't call him son, made it evident to him what sort of love she was talking about, it wasn't the motherly one although that one was more than evident. And this was the first time she voiced it out loudly.

"M-Me too!" He yelled back at her and with that, she departed... the redhead pirate ship sank into the sea, heading to the fishman island and into the new world. The next time he saw her, it would be in the newspapers... knowing the astonishing achievements of his beloved mother, the strongest swordswoman.

***

For every 300 stones in webnovel, I’ll deliver an extra chapter. The schedule is one chapter a day during the week and if ya’all lucky then I’ll post during the weekend as well.
Feel free to look for my http://pa-tre-on.com/photosphere for advanced chapter tiers: (5 x 2$), (15 x 13$) and (30x 23$)

78