Divine Knight, Figarland Garling
1.1k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unbeknownst to the chaos of public opinion he had engulfed the world in, Veyron had a faceoff together with Mihawk, Primrose and Hancock against one of the key individuals behind the world government. 
"What are you doing here?".
"After the commotion you two caused... how do you expect me to not be here?".
Garling and Mihawk clashed, it was more like a tentative greeting, the man was experienced and knew not to involve peasants in a powerhouse's matter. Veyron's Psychokinesis worked on taking all of the Skypeans away from the shop before things escalated... it was his first time seeing this man but he could tell he was bloody strong. Taking a strike from his mother he hadn't so much as budged. 
He was dressed in regal dark attires filled with golden garments, His hair and beard were red and together they formed the shape of a moon. His first impression was to think this man and Shanks were indeed related. 
With a brief move of his sword, the stalemate ended and he sheathed the sword back, walking towards Veyron. 
Mihawk frowned but didn't do anything... her son was already strong enough, there was nothing she could protect him from that he couldn't protect himself. Figarland may be many things but reckless wasn't one, he'd not engage in a place like this on his own.
"I remember that I saw you for the first time training in Kuraigana".
"You were spying on us" Mihawk growled. 
"I was... at that time I thought this boy was indeed your son".
"You're from the world government" Veyron stood protectively in front of Primrose and Hancock, those two were not strong enough to face this man. Figarland noticed this and laughed in open mockery. 
"World government. A charade that conceals the grandiose of us gods. There is no need to be on guard, boy... if I really wanted to cause damage today... those two would be dead already, you and Mihawk, however... that's another story. The two of you are worthy".
*RUMBLE!!!*
"Is that a threat?"
*RUMBLE!!!*
"It is a reassurance..."
Garling gripped his sword as if expecting him to make a move, but Veyron grimaced... Youbi, his trusty sword was gone. As a result their auras receded, it wouldn't be today. 
"I lowered myself to descend to this humble realm today for two matters".
'Humble... realm? this man's superiority complex is something else'.
Veyron felt disgusted just sharing the same air with this person who no doubt was one of the main instigators and supporters behind the world nobles' wicked acts, he instinctively gripped Hancock's wrist, she was shivering, it was clear she had seen this person before and it caused her unfathomable fear. 
"The first matter is to congratulate you, Dracule Veyron... welcome to the chessboard~".
*PA!*
*PA!*
*PA!*
He started clapping on his own after dropping a confusing statement that only Mihawk seemed to understand.
"Now you're officially a 'piece' like your mother and like me... a piece among those strong enough to wage war for the control of this world. There are no superior pieces or inferior pieces... at the end of the day we are all just 'pieces'... the question is: Are you a player?~".
"I am..." Veyron answered without hesitation he imagined the non-players, were individuals powerful enough to be on the chessboard but who didn't seek to control this world or wage war for it, like Rayleigh or some other pieces that were openly controlled by others, like the Fleet Admiral and the three admirals. 
"I have my own will!". 
"Hohoho~ that has yet to be decided" Garling walked up to a nearby table and sat down comfortably. 
"Is that all you came here to do? to waste our time?" Mihawk frowned.
"Naturally, not... another matter is, as your commander I order you to slaughter this boy, second knight".
"..."
"..."
Except for obtaining the deathly glare of Primrose, Mihawk and Veyron, Garling didn't achieve anything else and so, he laughed again.
"Hoho~ don't look at me like that. I'm merely following royal orders. You're free to follow them or not. At the end of the day... you two fought a deadly battle near Jaya nearly devastating the region. You, the second knight, were heavily injured. You have no idea what your son's whereabouts were after that and so... you shall endeavour to hunt him for the rest of your days until you fulfil your royal duty to the empty throne, isn't that right?"
"That's correct, I live to serve" Mihawk smirked, leaving the trio at a loss. 
Primrose and Hancock looked at one another in utter confusion, what was going on here? As for Veyron he already had a rough idea of what was going on.
"Why are you helping us? That's the only part that's not clear to me".
This entire dialogue meant that whoever was giving him orders was not privy to the man's real ulterior motives and that he was deliberately allowing them to go without disclosing any information. 
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" Garling shrugged his shoulders, he waved his hand and a teacup manifested in his hand, he waved it again and it was filled with a hot liquid that resembled tea. 
'What sort of ridiculous power is that!?' Wondered the boy who could make islands of water levitate. 
"Does that mean... you're against the world nobles?".
"Not at all, young man... I'm not against the kingdom. I'm against the King. But as a player on this chessboard, my pieces are scarce. Wouldn't it be better for me to get acquainted with other players?~".
"..."
"You help me and I help you... and as far as I'm concerned... you already owe me a favour".
It was then that the atmosphere at the table tensed up, outside a group of guards, skypeans and shandians were already reunited to give support, being alerted by the residents that Veyron helped beforehand.
"What do you want?" Mihawk bit her lips.
"Do we really owe him!?" Veyron couldn't believe she was allowing him to have his way. He didn't seem to be understanding the situation so Garling clarified for him while sipping his tea. 
"You are a direct threat, boy... not to the knights, not to the elders... you're a threat to the one at the top. Which means we must use every single resource to hunt you down. If I were to say the word, you'd have all of the nine knights right here ready to plunder your life using whatever method was necessary... I'm the only knight that knows your existence as of now and your parental relation to the second knight".
Veyron clenched his fist and sparks of red lightning manifested together with his Haki, 'I haven't reached this far by shying away from a fight!'.
"Bring it-".
"Veyron!".
Mihawk stopped him, putting her hand on his shoulders, she shook her head several times, "Remember what I told you... listen to me this time".
"..."
She said if the two of them were to go to Marie Geoise, they'd get slaughtered... such was the power of the Nine Knights of God in which case they'd be only eight, but the result wouldn't be any less devastating. 
"What the f*ck do you want, Garling?" Veyron frowned in deep anger, he couldn't believe even after attaining this level of strength, they were still coerced to remain on the defensive. But that was only for now. 
'If a fight broke up here we could always flee, but they'd destroy Skypea and then Amazon Lily... they know my weakness... that means I must put my weakness out of their reach' He knew all he needed was time.
"Me? I don't want anything, boy... I'm merely stating why it is profitable for us to work together. As I said I came here for a few matters, none of which involve you directly, one has already been solved as I gave away the order that was demanded of me. As for the other..."
He waved his hands and some items materialised out of thin air, Veyron tried to analyse what he just did but couldn't... they appeared out of thin air!
One of them was a devil fruit purplish in colour, it looked a bit hideous, half of it looked rotten. The other one was a sword split in two. 
The devil fruit in particular looked like a spooky birthday gift, Devil Fruit were known for not being tasty, but this one in particular... one could tell right away it wasn't going to be tasty!
"Why did you bring those things here?!" Mihawk recognised them and protested. 
"It was you who slaughtered Leonidas so they naturally belong to you, Mihawk... you can do with them as you please".
"What are these things?" Hancock and Primrose picked them up. It was Mihawk who explained them.
"The paramecia Rot Rot devil fruit and also, one of the twelve legendary swords, Kokutou Twilight belonging to the fallen Dorotialis Family from Marie Geoise".
"Rot Rot Fruit? Is it strong?" Hancock picked up the fruit with two of her fingers, it was disgusting. 
"This fruit allows the user to rot anything it touches... the former second knight whom I slaughtered had this fruit awakened and he could rot virtually anything. It is a lethal devil fruit worthy of a wicked bastard as for the sword. I split it in two..."
"Why would you-" Veyron wanted to ask Garling why gave away those treasures, one of them was a powerful devil fruit, and the other although a broken sword was still an invaluable sword with a black-edged blade. 
But sadly, the man was already gone without even giving farewells, and he took his tea away with him. 
"That's just how he is... he doesn't like wasting time".
"Mom, what's his devil fruit?".
Veyron didn't know what it was. He knew it was not the fourth Haki, but the power was in itself outrageous. He could appear behind anyone and slaughter them, that person wouldn't even know how he or she died.
Mihawk picked up the two pieces of the sword, "Space, he's a space man... but leaving that aside".
She showed the sword to him, it looked as if it had been beautiful in the past, but now what remained was a shattered will. There was nothing more painful than a once beautiful sword that now lay broken, its will extinguished. 
"Youbi needs a new edge, doesn't it?~".

44