Chessboard Moves I
696 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Boa Hancock..." It was as though a light showered his brain with speckles. He couldn't fully recollect, but at least the name he could remember. Gradually, more details began to emerge, like a dark veil lifting from his memory.
"Boa Hancock, two billion bellies... she's the wife of Dark Mantle Veyron, and he even married her sisters too? One billion bellies each. What a hero. I remember now!"
The scene was set on Jack's ship, slowly departing from an embattled and devastated Dressrosa. They cared little for the country now; their previous plans were of no concern. Bigger targets awaited.
With his massive hand, he gripped the three toys.
"Release me, you bastard!" Hancock yelled in despair. She couldn't move, thanks to the 'contract' imposed by the Hobi Hobi no Mi, but she could still speak.
"If you know what's good for you-."
"What?~ Your husband will come here? Your husband doesn't even remember you, girl."
It was this detail that hurt them like a thousand needles in the chest, they'd cry if they could, but they were just toys. Once again Hancock and her sisters were placed in this position, but in this case... she couldn't even protect her sisters. 
"Nobody remembers you... no one at all. Even your own fleet has fled back home and left you here. Don't you understand? You're ours now."
"No... not again, darling."
"Darling is not coming!"
He threw the three toys harshly against the ship's basement wall. Monet and Sugar flinched at his brutality.
"What a fearsome power you have, little girl. I don't remember them at all... but the memories are coming back now, though I had forgotten them completely for a moment."
"My power can erase memories, but it can't erase reality. Given enough hints, memories can be recovered."
Sugar handed him a newspaper she had found on the ship. In it were the wanted posters of the three sisters. Jack and his crew eagerly examined them.
"I had forgotten their appearances as well. Pirate Empress, Western Cobra, Eastern Anaconda... truly a group of beautiful cougars. But in the end, roses with just as many thorns, hahaha... Do you think I'll risk it just for a bit of fun?"
The three sisters clutched, powerless, just as they had in Marie Geoise when they were slaves of those wicked bastards, this time though an even worse fate awaited them, to be bargain-ships of their husband's doom when they'd much rather end their own lives, yet unable to. 
"I'm taking all of you to Wano, but first... let me call the boss."
"We don't have much time! As I said, I can't erase reality. It won't take Dracule Veyron much time to put two and two together! He will come to Dressrosa to investigate!"
It was Dracule Veyron who Sugar and Monet feared the most, not this titan. Their fear of him was only matched by their fear of this man's boss, Kaido.
"Hmph," Jack growled, somewhat disgruntled. As much as he wanted to act haughty, he knew he wasn't among those who could face that monster. For all intents and purposes, he was a Yonko without a crown, simply because he hadn't sought to challenge Red Hair Shanks.
However, he had made sure everyone knew how ruthless he could be if someone interfered with what was his. Enies Lobby, the World Government's most critical island and the pinnacle of justice, had been obliterated with a single attack. Thousands of government officers, numerous Cipher Pol branches, and even Marine Vice Admirals had perished.
It was an attack they could never recover from, and Dracule Veyron emerged unscathed after signing a treaty with Fleet Admiral Sengoku to prevent mutual destruction. From that moment on, all of the Yonko regarded him as an equal threat and a player in this world's power struggles.
'Before I involve everyone in this, I should ask him'.
"Pero pero pero pero... Kacha~."
"Jack..."
"Boss... I have good and bad news."
Jack proceeded to explain everything to the captain of the Beast Pirates on the other end. Instead of the uncontrollable rage he expected, there was uproarious laughter so thunderous that it seemed to echo across all the countries of Wano.
"Worororororo! Damned Joker... a useless piece of sh*t! But you have done well, Jack! Bring me all of them right now. Some interesting developments are taking place in the underworld right now. Those three are going to be needed~."
"Understood, boss... What should I do with Dressrosa?"
"Leave it... since Joker didn't return the national tribute, I'm sure that area must be swarming with Marines. Get out of there before it's too late. If we don't get those three women to Onigashima, it will be a complete loss of investment!"
They had already lost a substantial amount of money and resources trying to position their pawn, 'Joker,' in the right place, all for nothing.
"Is Aokiji still in the area?"
"Most likely... but I should be able to handle him!"
"I can't rely solely on you... Let me make a few calls... if I recall correctly, that woman must have one of her sons fetching some snacks from the Mogaro Kingdom."
Jack grumbled at the fact that his captain didn't fully trust his strength but reluctantly accepted. Against an Admiral, it was always wise to have some backup.
"What about Caesar? I can't pick up that clown from Punk Hazard and make my way back at the same time."
"Leave him... we'll deal with things one step at a time. Bringing those three before me is our top priority, and bring me the two green-haired women as well, they will be useful too."
**
**
Along the northern coast of Dressrosa, a Marine warship cruised, with a man in a white tuxedo and yellow-lined tie standing at the forefront. This time, he appeared less laid-back; his name was Aokiji.
"I believe we've found our target."
"The Kingdom of Dressrosa?"
"Donquixote Doflamingo must have come here after he and Jack the Drought stole the tribute from the Beluka Kingdom on their way out."
The incident had been nothing short of catastrophic. However, it wasn't just the sheer destruction but the calculated nature of it that was unnerving.
Early in the morning, a National Tribute Celestial Dragon Ship, escorted by Aokiji, was attacked by two pirate crews—the Donquixote Pirates and the Beast Pirates, led by Jack the Drought, one of the All-Stars. The location was near the Red Line, in the New World.
Alarms rang, and Aokiji found himself fighting both Jack and Doflamingo simultaneously while the crews seized control of the Celestial Dragon Ship, slaughtering everyone on board. The result of this battle was a frozen, fragmented region of water near the Beluka Kingdom. Doflamingo fled with the vessel, leaving Jack to buy time, but it seemed that they had more strategies in play.
Another Celestial Dragon vessel, originating from Marie Geoise, was en route to Fishman Island. Aokiji's intelligence indicated that Donquixote Mjosgard was suspiciously on board this ship. Jack used this vessel as a decoy, attacking and leaving it heavily damaged to sink into Fishman Island.
With this incident, Aokiji couldn't chase after Jack immediately, but with the damaged vessel headed for Fishman Island, his options were limited.
"What about the other Celestial Dragon vessel, Admiral?"
"I've already reported it to G1. We can't attend to both matters simultaneously. Either we save Mjosgard or we save the national tribute, and personally, I don't care about either. But it's our duty to secure the joint wealth of the kingdoms."
"We've spotted Jack! He's now at the eastern end of Dressrosa, fleeing the island!"
"This is tricky. Doflamingo could still have the treasure on the island... Tch! Pursue Jack; our ship is faster. We can catch up!"
He'd rather bet that in the end the national tribute was taken by Jack and that was the reason why Doflamingo didn't show up to the exchange. A typical pirate backstab. 
Aokiji couldn't have ever imagined what the reality was. 
"They're ignoring us, Admiral!"
"Those bastards must think I'm a joke..."
Admiral Aokiji sighed.
"Borsalino and Sakazuki haven't been the only ones training, you know... There's a reason why I sleep all the time-."
WHOOOSH!

He soared into the sky, two massive ice wings emerging from his back as he pursued Jack alone.
"You pirates are just no fun anymore."

20