The World’s Balance
673 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The chaotic turmoil left Veyron in a tight spot; most of those injured by his electricity were sea kings. The Sun Pirates went out of their way to aid their crewmates who had accidentally shocked themselves while leaping into the small water trench between Veyron's bubble and Fishman Island.

After ensuring that all the sea kings were still alive, Veyron released them back into the sea. However, he couldn't help but wonder why the mermaid princess cared so much about the sea kings. After all, they were carnivorous creatures known for attacking ships and Fishmen regularly.

"Veyron... what was that...?" Shanks stammered, still recovering from the recent electrical discharge. "I don't know if I can survive another one of those!" 

Shanks' body was charred, and he could still feel the aftereffects of the powerful shock. It was an experience unlike anything he had ever faced, but he had somehow managed to survive it by sheer will. The Red-Haired Pirates rushed to his aid, with the red and white-haired girl giving Veyron a particularly scornful look.

"That...? That's the Fourth Haki. It has the power to override physical laws and even nullify them to some extent. Generating a billion-volt discharge is nearly impossible. A typical thunderbolt ranges from 200 million to 300 million volts. I can do it because of my Fourth Haki," Veyron explained, flinching under the girl's intense gaze.

"Is that what you used to sink Ennies Lobby?" asked Benn Beckman.

"No, that was a trillion volts, but I can't release those casually" Veyron replied, feeling a bit embarrassed about the preparations required for such a feat.

"A trillion...? Thank goodness" The entire Red-Haired Pirate crew collectively sighed in relief while trying to use their fingers to count how any ceroes those were.

"By the way, who is this little girl? I'm starting to feel awkward with her staring at me like that."

"I'm not a little girl! Did you have to fight to that extent, you battle freaks?!"

"Are you lost?"

SNORT!

"I'm two years older than you, Veyron!" She boldly stated, shocking Veyron that she used his name even though they hadn't introduced one another, 'Now that I see you up close, you're quite cute, and what are those, headphones?'.

"You know me?" Veyron couldn't believe the hostility between them considering they had just met.

"Who doesn't know you? Oh... Lord Lightning God," she sarcastically teased, choosing to ignore him and continue tending to the charred man who, despite his condition, seemed enthusiastic and happy.

Mihawk smirked briefly before offering her assistance.

"This is my daughter, Uta. She's our musician."

"Are you telling me this spoiled brat knows anything about music?"

"As much as you know about electricity! But after this incident I don't know anymore," Uta retorted at his shameless teasing, expecting a response.

"You little-" Veyron was about to argue but stopped himself, realizing it was futile to argue with a child, "It is beyond a god to argue with a kid".

"I'm telling you I'm two years older than you!" Uta continued her rant, but Veyron chose to ignore her. Primrose giggled and patted the girl's head trying to calm her down. As she did, a strange feeling washed over her, as if she had done this before, like a dejavu. 

"So you do have a daughter... I could have never thought. Are you two by any chance-"

Gryphon pointed at his neck, and Veyron sweated nervously.

"If you finish that sentence, I'll slice you... not everyone is like you two!" Shanks' killing intent emanated, and even Mihawk glared at Veyron's comment.

Veyron raised his hands in surrender. "I was going to ask if she's your biological daughter... nothing else I swear!"

"No, she isn't. Jimbei, where are you going?" Shanks diverted the conversation. Jimbei, from among the Sun Pirates, was seen leaving the group and heading toward the main city.

"I'm going to the palace to check up on the princess," Jimbei stated, giving Veyron an opportunity.

"Could I go with you, Jimbei...? I want to apologize to her. I don't like that a young girl, who's also the princess of this country, was affected by my outburst," Veyron explained, relieved that the lightning discharge had only been twenty million volts.

However, he was concerned about the princess, as she might have been more seriously injured than the Fishmen of the Sun Pirates' crew.

"You go with him, baby... we'll stay here. The Kuja Fleet should be arriving soon; I'll personally receive them together with Mihawk," Primrose decided and the boy delivered a swift kiss to the two of them before shooting with Jimbei. 

The shark mermaid Shyarly and Uta both blushed while the rest of the pirates around started teasing and gossiping about them... until their sliced hair started falling that is. 

**

**

The New World, near the Tottoland Archipelago.

CLAAANGGG!!!

Aokiji was having a tough day; things were only getting worse by the second. Before him were at least three massive ships from one of the Yonko Fleets. And it wasn't the Beast Pirates.

He landed on the frozen sea after his attack was thwarted by the combined forces of two powerful Yonko commanders. They were none other than Big Mom's children, accompanied by over a hundred biscuit guards. The Marine warship had just arrived, and its crew, upon seeing the formidable army, prepared to engage but with trembling legs.

The man in armour with a long, pointed sword spoke, and a tall woman with long legs and silver hair, also wielding a sword, chimed in.

"Listen, Aokiji. The Beast Pirates didn't take your national tribute. The Kuja Pirates did," he stated with an unusual smirk that indicated he wasn't taking Aokiji seriously.

"If you return to Dressrosa, you'll find that the Donquixote Pirates have been eliminated, and Doflamingo is dead. Your national tribute ship is filled with gold and treasures your government shamelessly plundered from associated kingdoms. Jack's ship wasn't large enough to carry it all, so why do you persist?" his sister added, concluding her brother's statement.

"Charlotte Cracker and Charlotte Smoothie," Aokiji muttered, struggling to comprehend the situation. "I don't care if what you're saying is true or not. Two Yonkos working together can't be good!"

It was the first time he had seen two Yonkos collaborating since his appointment as Admiral. While Yonkos respected each other's territories, this level of cooperation was null.

Jack had fled to Wano, and Aokiji had caught up near Tottoland. Cracker and Smoothie had appeared to block his path, likely after collecting Big Mom's tributes from a nearby kingdom. They allowed Jack to escape but stalled Aokiji, leaving him suspicious of their motives.

"So what's your plan? Chase us all the way to Tottoland?" Cracker taunted. "Do you have the guts, Aokiji?"

Aokiji felt challenged. He could continue the fight, possibly even defeat them, but by the time he finished, Jack would be long gone and Big Mom would be sending the rest of her fleet here.

"Admiral, it's best if we retreat for now. There's nothing we can do here, and we're just a few miles away from Tottoland. Big Mom could send more forces any minute," his subordinates advised from the ship.

Jack's frozen ship was far on the horizon, heading towards Wano, they had fled.

"I have to report this..." Aokiji sighed in annoyance, it would be a long-*ss report to make.

"Report everything you want... but we're not lying to you. Hehe~ If I know Mom as I know her, this may actually benefit you~."

"Ah?"

"We're not moving against the World Government. We're moving against another Yonko!"

With the fight concluded, both Cracker and Smoothie retreated. Even Marine Admirals didn't dare to carelessly trespass into Yonko territory.

'Another Yonko? Whitebeard or Red Hair Shanks?'

** 

**

The Grand Line, Paradise, Marineford (G1).

In the office of the Fleet Admiral, two individuals were present: the Fleet Admiral himself and his trusted confidant, Vice Admiral Garp.

The Den Den Mushi rang, interrupting Sengoku's paperwork. It was Admiral Aokiji delivering a highly detailed report of his recent "adventure" in the New World, one that threatened to unleash Sengoku's anger:

Two Yonkos, Big Mom and Kaido, had joined forces to aid one of the All-Stars to escape from the devastated Kingdom of Dressrosa.

Jack the Drought had fled, possibly without the national tribute but with something equally important, leading the two former Rocks Pirates members to reunite.

Charlotte Cracker and Charlotte Smoothie had declared their intention to confront another Yonko, possibly either Whitebeard or Shanks. Sengoku cared little if they fought amongst themselves, but the collateral damage from such battles involving Yonkos was always a concern.

The National Tribute, a top priority, might no longer be in the hands of the Donquixote Pirates. Instead, it was possible that the recently prominent Kuja Fleet was responsible.

...

"The National tribute was taken by the Kuja Pirates? The last information we have about them was from the Kingdom of Prodence in the Southwest of Dressrosa. The timing and locations do match. What do you think, Garp?"

*Loud snoring old fart noises*

Garp, the trusted confidant, was nowhere to be seen, lost in a deep slumber. Sengoku expressed his frustration by slamming the table, but even that didn't rouse the old man.

"Damn you! This is a serious matter, Garp!"

Sengoku tried to wake Garp by slapping a newspaper on his head, but it had no effect. Frustrated and realizing that his friend was of no use at the moment, Sengoku decided to take matters into his own hands without seeking advice. He hung up the call with Aokiji, who reported that he would visit the Kingdom of Dressrosa first to assess the situation.

"Pero pero pero pero, Kacha~."

"Shironeko."

"Yes, Fleet Admiral."

On the other end of the line was the newly appointed Admiral from a year ago, Admiral Shironeko Gion. There was no strict rule limiting the number of Admirals, and there had been instances with more or fewer than three Admirals. The positions within the Marines were flexible and dependent on the world's balance. Currently, with the unpredictable presence of Dracule Veyron and his associates, that balance was disrupted.

Tsuru had recommended Gion for the position, citing Momousagi's efforts to establish friendly relations with Shandora, Amazon Lily, and Rusukaina. Even the young Marines respected her. Gion met the requirement for strength, demonstrated by her Mythical Zoan abilities, granting her control over divine fire and lightning. Sparring matches with Sakazuki, her rival, had confirmed her readiness for the role.

There were also vacant Warlord positions. Sengoku had chosen to allow two new Admirals, with Gion being one of them. The second spot had yet to be filled.

"Do you have any assignments? Where are you located?" Sengoku inquired.

"I'm currently in Paradise after transferring prisoners to Impel Down. No specific assignments," Shironeko replied, her irritation evident. She yearned for more action but was restricted by the assignments designated for her rank. Vice Admirals and Rear Admirals had their missions, but as an Admiral, she couldn't partake in them, considering herself 'too much for the job'.

This constraint was absent during her time as a Vice Admiral when she could freely intervene in matters involving Marine Captains and Rear Admirals.

"There are two matters at hand appropriate for your rank," Sengoku explained. "One involves a civil war in Alabasta, with Warlord Sir Crocodile being implicated. We cannot intervene unless King Nefertari Cobra makes a public accusation. This hasn't happened yet."

"Sir Crocodile is involved in a civil war?" Shironeko sounded surprised.

"Yes, but the Warlord system prohibits us from actively investigating unless Cobra makes an accusation. As of now, he hasn't."

"What is the other matter?"

"Aokiji's intel suggests that the Kuja Pirates may have stolen the New World's National Tribute from the Donquixote Pirates."

The mention of the 'Kuja Fleet' made Shironeko apprehensive; she knew it would likely be related to a certain troublesome individual she wasn't eager to encounter. A man she simultaneously loved and loathed, and whom she hadn't met in months. Every encounter with him, or his women, required her to clean up their mess.

"They should be en route to Fishman Island. I want you to intervene. You understand why I'm sending you instead of Akainu or Kizaru."

Sengoku had chosen her for this task due to her unique qualifications. Dracule Veyron was a significant variable, operating primarily in Paradise, where the Marines had more control. Despite his freedom, his headquarters were in Rusukaina, seemingly taunting them with their inability to apprehend him. Additionally, the treaty he had signed afforded him even more liberties than a Warlord.

His wife, Dracule Mihawk, held the Warlord title, though she used it as it suited her. She would attend summons and accept hunting requests at her leisure, giving her immense freedom. Sengoku knew that if she so desired, she could willingly hunt those designated by the Marines or reject them, purely for her amusement.

Sengoku's life was complicated, but Gion's role in overseeing this matter was even more challenging.

"Ugh, I'll try..."

When dealing with troublemakers like those involved in this case, Gion could only 'try'.

***

Announcement: This volume is already finished in Patreon with over 50 chapters!
The new volume: Against the Devils, has begun!

Did you enjoy the chapter, leave a comment! Alternatively, you can leave a review, it really helps my book get positioned on the platform.

For every 500 stones in webnovel, I’ll deliver an extra chapter. The schedule is three chapters a week (Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday) in webnovel and scribblehub. The schedule on Patreon is one chapter every day + extras!

http://pa-tre-on.com/photosphere

15