Peace of Mind
455 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BOOOOOOMMMMM!!

CHAAAA!!!

A brilliant streak of white lightning shot through the skies, capturing the attention of Wano's citizens as it stretched far into the horizon. It was far from what they had expected.

Most of them couldn't comprehend what had just occurred. Suddenly, in the dead of night, a colossal lightning storm had ravaged their island, making Onigashima the epicenter of this fierce onslaught. The land trembled under the impact of powerful shocks and earthquakes for several hours, all originating from the notorious island.

Internally, they speculated. Perhaps Kaido had incurred the wrath of someone he shouldn't have. Divine punishment seemed to rain down upon him. Their suspicions were confirmed when two colossal goddesses descended, followed by a white pillar with tendrils of lightning that reached far into the night, transforming darkness into daylight. Confusion reigned as the people grappled with the inexplicable events unfolding in their country; tomorrow seemed uncertain.

...

"Pero pero pero pero~"

"Pero pero pero pero~"

"Pero pero pero pero~"

BAAANGGG!!!

A den den mushi was mercilessly crushed in the main palace of the Flower Capital. A man, his body adorned with purple hair and a pointed moustache, shot up abruptly, while a woman clutched her bedsheets in fear.

"What the heck is happening? Where is Kaido?!"

He seized her neck, as if expecting her to hold the answers. For hours, uncertainty had loomed, initially perceived as an unprecedented meteorological disaster. However, the truth had become starkly evident.

Someone had assaulted Wano's guardian beast, or rather, his guardian. And though he had placed his trust in the Beast Pirates' prowess, that trust shattered upon witnessing the appearance of the two goddesses. This was not Kaido's doing.

Now they found themselves back to the night when the two white pillars vanished, with no responses from Kaido, his All-Stars, or even the Tobiroppo.

"O-Orochi-sama, I don't know," the girl stammered in fear, genuinely clueless.

SLAPP!!!

A single slap sent her flying across the room, crashing into a wall made of thin wood, shattering it.

"Useless! Utterly useless! Someone tell me what the hell is happening in Onigashima!"

**

**

It had been a gruelling battle, far more challenging than I had anticipated.

I assumed that since both of them were Yonkos, Kaido would be on par with Shanks. While both possessed immense attack power, Shanks' Conqueror's Haki was superior. However, Kaido's defences were otherworldly. Two billion volts of discharge barely fazed him.

I never imagined there could be someone capable of resisting a trillion-volt discharge. If not for the boost of kinetic energy I created, neither of us would have been able to defeat the other. Perhaps I had a slight edge due to my near-infinite energy, but even I had limits. My maximum output was two billion volts, a level of power that strained my mind, made possible only through the Fourth Haki.

But now, it was over. Onigashima had been obliterated from the map. There was a minor miscalculation; Big Mom escaped with King and his group, causing a leak in my power. I could have eliminated them, but my goal was to save the girls and destroy Onigashima. Even Kaido, had he chosen to flee, I wouldn't have pursued him. But he chose death; what else could I do?

My true wrath was reserved for the Donquixote Pirates. Kaido was merely an opportunist who seized his chance. I used him as an example for the next aspiring supernova foolish enough to threaten my loved ones.

It was the second time I employed Astrape and Bronte, the Greek goddesses bearing Zeus' lightning. However, this time, I had to manipulate magnetic fields and positive and negative discharges at a fundamental level to create a trillion-volt lightning. To dispel it required an equivalent amount of energy, no longer within my grasp unless I detonated another hydrogen bomb to harness its power.

'I can't be bothered.'

I was utterly exhausted after the battle. I didn't feel like detonating another hydrogen bomb just to fix this, and the more I looked at the aftermath, the more beautiful it seemed.

'Ha... let it be.'

This wasn't the first time I had altered the landscape. The 'dreamland' near Jaya, created with my mother five years ago, and the 'White Lightning Well' in Enies Lobby were now mere recreations of this world. I suppose this would be another addition.

I arrived at the 'Destroyer Mark IV,' or as the girls fondly called it, The Liberators' Ship, which Robin had now landed on the sea. Besides me, she was the only one capable of controlling all my vehicles. I had taught her, as she was genuinely interested. The others were more interested in getting into my pants.

TAP.

I landed on the deck, feeling a bit lightheaded, and was immediately engulfed by three pairs of arms that tackled me to the ground.

BANG!

"Darling!" (Hancock)
"Little Brother!" (Sandersonia)
"Veyron!" (Marigold)

Before I knew it, I was on the ground, with three tearful beauties on top of me. All I could do was sigh and hug them tightly, embracing them so fervently that they gasped for breath. Words couldn't describe how relieved I felt. Though the hatred in my heart hadn't completely dissipated, I could breathe a sigh of relief knowing that these three girls were back with me. I remembered them vividly.

"D-Darling... that's a little too tight..." Hancock groaned, but I didn't loosen my grip.

"You made me worry," I scolded them sternly. I now understood how Primrose must have felt when I first took them to Amazon Lily after their long period of slavery. If they had been taken away from me for five years... I didn't know what I would do. Perhaps I would have destroyed all of Wano, even if they pleaded otherwise.

"..."

They hung their heads, fully aware that a severe scolding was imminent. I took Hancock's cheeks and pinched them.

"Darling!" she cried, fake tears streaming down her face.

"I told you... if you needed help, you should have just told me, and I would have come! Why did you have to be so stubborn?" I was genuinely angry with her. It wasn't that I doubted her abilities, but there were too many variables in this world. I knew exactly what kind of place One Piece was, and I knew there were devil fruits out there with ludicrous abilities.

It didn't matter how strong you were; if you fell into any of those traps, it could spell your doom. And that's exactly what happened to them. They were far superior to Doflamingo and his crew, but within their midst was a girl named Sugar, whose power was unbelievably ridiculous, that's why they fell... if Sugar hadn't been there, the result would have been completely different.

"Little brother, please don't be upset with her..." Marigold and Sandersonia stepped in front of me, seemingly angry with me for scolding Hancock but unable to voice it as they too felt guilty.

I furrowed my brow but continued to pinch Hancock's cheeks. I loved her too much to inflict any other punishment, so cheek-pinching it was.

"That's right, brat... what kind of man are you if you make your girl cry?" Whitebeard jeered, sparks of lightning crackling between us.

"Don't interfere, old man. I'm scolding my wives."

"Guarara! Look at you, with wives and all. You shouldn't even be married yet."

I released Hancock's cheeks and squared up to him challengingly. He smiled; it seemed this was his intention all along. I despised that this old man could be brash yet wise simultaneously.

"As much as I hate to admit it, he's right... I'm just glad you're okay, girls. But expect another punishment from me for making me worry like this."

"Ho? How heartless of you! How can you punish them for this!?" Primrose crossed her arms and mimicked my voice from before. I looked at her with profound shame. Yes, I understood how she felt back then, but I wasn't going to repeat the same mistake.

I would punish them, yes, but in a gentle manner... on our bed. 

*sob*

The three girls nodded at me, and I smiled, content with that. I hugged them again, and they reciprocated the gesture. Even Primrose joined in. I was simply overjoyed that my family was reunited.

Oden (Yamato), Robin, Viola, and Gion observed us, with the princess of Dressrosa even clapping and sobbing. It seemed she had found her solace after talking with Marigold. Now, we could put this chapter behind us and focus on the future.

How would I tell Hancock that I didn't want them to sail again?

***

Did you enjoy the chapter, leave a comment! Alternatively, you can leave a review, it really helps my book get positioned on the platform.

For every 500 stones in webnovel, I’ll deliver an extra chapter. The schedule is three chapters a week (Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday) in webnovel and scribblehub. The schedule on Patreon is one chapter every day + extras!

http://pa-tre-on.com/photosphere

9