Chapter 11
15.2k 9 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I saw the splintered wood getting blown all over the floor I am distracted yet again with another system prompt.

 

______________________________________________________________

You have gained the debuff “Before the Chopping Board”

______________________________________________________________

 

A sudden sense of weakness overruns my body. My movement is slowed down as I start feeling more lethargic. I could understand it’s very likely the effect of this debuff, which seemed to have transformed from my buff ‘Silence of the Lamb’. Despite realizing so I couldn’t pay much attention to it as I had a bigger problem appearing before me. 

 

A girl rushed into the door, she was one of the adventurers roaming around the premises of the Inn. What surprised me further that the intruder wasn’t alone, there were many others behind her too, I think I even caught a glimpse of innkeeper within them also.

 

The events were so abrupt I had a hard time processing so many questions. First and foremost I need to deal with the horde before me otherwise, things might take a turn for the worse.

 

“Alex run away! They won’t hurt me, they are after you!” Seris exclaims while in utter panic. She seemed to have predicted my thoughts before I even got to address them. Seris didn’t seem to be lying as the girls’ attention was entirely focused onto me, not even batting an eye at Seris. It was as if they were entirely obsessed with trying to reach me. 

 

Without further pondering, I dive towards the window breaking through it. The scene which came before my eyes was a ridiculous sight to behold. As I was falling I notice the numerous girls just crowding outside the Inn. The number of girls entirely filled the streets.

 

Fear, that was the only emotion capable of describing my current state. Each of their eyes piercing through my body, some even with eerie smiles on their faces. I had managed to land safely but I was already starting to get surrounded. Putting my senses to their limits I survey for the smallest of the gaps I could use to make an escape path.

 

Right when a woman was about to grab me I slip past her, almost tumbling down as I force my way through. A pair of hands try to stop my dash but I bend my body barely enough that they just brush past my skin. As I was rushing past I noticed that my strength spontaneously changed, sometimes weaker or stronger but it never reached to the point of my original capabilities. 

 

Pushing against their bodies, I managed to stray past halfway through. This was pure pandemonium, the scent coming from all those bodies confusing my senses even further. I felt nauseous, my steps grew weaker and weaker. Before I realized I was burying my head into a girl’s bosom. She looks down and pats my head, “Don’t worry I will keep you safe.”

 

Normally this would be a pleasant experience for me but at this moment it felt not even a little bit reassuring. Her breath was ragged, eyes which almost looked hollowed yet full of emotions and the wide grin on her face. Even though she was surely very beautiful, my mind was screaming to evacuate immediately. My face grew paler, barely managing to put up a resistance. I pull up my shaky arms as I try to separate myself from this girls body.

 

Each second was precious as other girls come closer and closer. With a final push, I manage to get away from her. Sweat pouring non-stop, I run as fast as I can. I tried applying some boost with my magic onto myself but my mana pool had decreased along with the sudden feebleness overwhelming my body.

 

I barely managed to put up three buffs before my mana had run out. Thankfully it had proven to be useful as I could navigate through the crowd more efficiently. I could see the women becoming more sparser as I forced my way through. Relief overwriting my body as I came closer to the end of this hell. 

 

Unfortunately, my relief was shortlived. In front of me was a person, entirely clad in silver embroidered armour. Just by being near her presence I could feel pressure emitting from her. For some reason, my stats substantially recovered while facing her. 

 

I couldn’t dare to stall for time against this person as I knew the other girls would manage to surround me yet again. It didn’t give me time to think as it lunges towards me. I avoid by shifting sideways and start sprinting towards a run again. 

 

“Ice shard” I heard a feminine voice from the armoured individual. The shard heads straight towards my legs. I leap off the ground dodging it in time, the area of impact is covered in frosty ice. Without turning my head back I sprint on and on. I could hear the steps of the armoured girl following me in hot pursuit. I make a beeline to the alleyway. My best option to escape was to from here would be to climb out of the walls of this town in secrecy. For that, I needed to first get rid of the girl following me.

 

Another shard whizzes past me, I could feel the cold air on my skin. My hairs are raised as I become more alert of the threat behind me. I doubt I could handle just running away from her. If this continues, my stamina would be drained with just dealing with my pursuer. I couldn’t outspeed her pace, and it doesn’t seem she has used all of her cards as of yet. 

 

What’s her identity anyways? I doubt any small figure could manage to get an armour set such as that. As we continue running throughout the town, all the girls were left behind. Only the armoured girl was following me persistently.

 

I put a halt to my footsteps, I was a bit tired by now. I turn around, staring at her. She similarly seemed to have stopped. Maybe I could use this opportunity to interrogate her, though I couldn’t make out her face she seemed to have a calm disposition. Some answers could help me find an idea of what was going on.

 

“What’s your name?” I ask her, there was a slight nervousness in my voice.

“Evelyne…” she replies, her voice was softer than I thought.

“Evelyne, would you mind telling me as to why everyone is after me?”

“If you come to me, I will tell you…” 

 

I remain quiet, not answering her offer. Wordlessly she starts walking towards me. In response, I get my stance ready to receive what she was going to throw at me. With each step, her pressure amplifies. It seemed she was done playing around. If I were to fight her in my normal condition I could beat her but in my current state, it was questionable.

 

“Judgement time.” She casts a spell which transforms the area around us. Our surroundings turned into an indistinct haze. Was she trying to make it so others don’t interfere or perhaps it’s a buff spell?

 

“Finally alone.” She says to herself. I felt her eyes staring at me. A pair of glowing violet eyes intently looking at my direction. I couldn’t help but shiver from that sight. Her noble air disappears as her aura starts looking more like a savage beast. 

 

I gulp down my saliva as I proceed to take out my sword.

‘This will surely be a hard fight’ I think to myself.

170