Chapter 28
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xiao Yi had been waiting patiently for five minutes. It was enough time for all his skills to reset.

He could have killed his target, but he wanted to have a fair fight.

It wasn't often that an assassination request for another assassin was posted, especially not one that he could be considered on par with.

Most of the time, he felt like he was just being a bully when he picked up assassination targets.

He leaned back and took a sip of Pepsi that was… well, not cold anymore and stared at the person in front of him with excitement.

Black name.

Assassination guild leader.

Blood Elf.

Assassin rank 2.

He couldn't wait for the fight. He was just happy that no one else would be able to snag this target as long as neither of them was killed.

In another apartment, a man had just walked away from his computer for a few minutes to make coffee. While his teammates were fast asleep, he hadn't been able to sleep, so he opted to stay in the game on his alt.

He walked around the desk with his cup pressed to his mouth and nearly spit out his coffee in surprise. There were shining red eyes staring through his screen.

Nightmare: … Why did I move into first-person view?

He sat down and put his character into third person view and looked at his situation.

There was a blood elf in front of him with a black nameplate. It was likely an assassination attempt.

The blood elf was slightly shorter than his character, had long black hair with a red tint to it, ruby eyes, a black mask like his, a ripped uniform that showed a dragon tattoo, and a unique name. Sleepy.

He clicked to view Sleepy's character information. The man didn't join a guild, nor did he have a past guild. Other than that, he couldn't see any of the other information.

He rubbed his chin and chuckled at the irony of their names. Nightmare and Sleepy.

There was no one else around, only two assassins, and the person who came to assassinate him was waiting obediently and patiently. He took a sip of coffee and then moved his character to signify he was there and pulled out his sword.

Sleepy gracefully hopped away onto the ground below the ruins and flicked a throwing star at Nightmare playfully in mid-air before bouncing away. Nightmare dodged and followed behind Sleepy, jumping on every spot that Sleepy did.

Sleepy stopped in the middle of the ruins and turned to meet his target.

He pulled out his long sword and clicked a few keys, disappearing in a flash and arriving behind Nightmare. He had enough time to slash, but he decided not to. Nightmare turned while holding his own sword and they playfully exchanged blows, mirroring each others' attacks back and forth.

Nightmare had a light in his eyes while they exchanged blows while thinking: This Sleepy is pretty good.

He didn't recognize this young assassin, but he felt familiar with his movements. It was rare to find an assassin on par with him. He thought that this little assassin had a lot of tricks up his sleeves.

Sleepy decided to get serious. He stopped using base skills and started using unique skills that relied on hand movements and skill. His fingers glided over the keyboard and he moved his mouse to build momentum.

He jumped up into the air and behind him appeared 10 throwing stars floating in the air, circling around him with red particles. He aimed them carefully at Nightmare, estimated where he would run off to, and sent them flying, it happened in the span of only a few seconds.

Nightmare dodged 9 of them, but one of them appeared out of nowhere and hit his character's arm. He rolled on the ground and looked at Sleepy who had landed a few feet away.

The man on the other side of the screen grinned.

It was rare to see players in general that could use skills other than the base-level ones. Especially, to see players who could make it to rank 10 with their skills.

The skill that Xiao Yi used was called throwing shurikens. It was a basic name, but the base skill was entirely different from the last level of the skill. Skills were divided into different ranks, and the base level of throwing shurikens was 5 shurikens that would randomly shoot out simultaneously.

It was still a strong skill if a player wanted to use the base skill. But the difference in ranks would make the skill stronger, and more precise, allowing the player to aim and control each shuriken separately. Level 10 meant that Sleepy executed the steps perfectly, and that was seen in the shuriken control as well as the shurikens floating in a circle.

Nightmare smirked and sat up straight. He couldn't take the assassin lightly anymore. He copied the move and 10 shurikens appeared behind him. He aimed them all at Sleepy, and before he even shot them out, Sleepy seemed to disappear.

Nightmare: …

He aimed the shurikens at different places and shot them out.

None of them hit Sleepy.

Sleepy wasn't even invisible, he only flashed to the top of a ruin.

He looked down and scoffed at the assassin leader he was watching, thinking: What an idiot.

His fingers hit the keys nimbly, and it began to lightly rain. A hundred throwing knives appeared from the raindrops and rained down around Nightmare.

Nightmare flashed out of the storm but he couldn't avoid getting hit a few times. He was half health, while Sleepy was full health.

He looked around and found Sleepy on top of the ruins. Sleepy had sat down and he threw a throwing knife lazily. It hit the ground in front of Nightmare as if to say he was there.

Nightmare flashed toward Sleepy as Sleepy got up and flashed towards him, meeting his sword with his newly drawn duo blades in the middle. He nimbly avoided Nightmares attacks, making his character lean back or jump around while he poked at Nightmares' unprotected sides.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, exchanging blows, dodging, and matching each other's pace.

2