Chapter 35
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days passed quickly for both men.

V, who’d been planning on showing Xiao Yi around the city had his hands full with his company and impending divorce in the aftermath of the chaos.

Xiao Yi… Corrected his sleep schedule. It may not be as important as V’s life falling apart, but it did take a good few days to finally sleep a consecutive eight hours. He also found himself playing around with world designs for Valley of Light, something he occasionally did throughout the years when he was bored with the game and wanted to do something productive.

Xiao Yi had stationed himself in the living room, facing the balcony much like his older brothers set up in their apartment. Two curved monitors stared back at him, his hands over a white custom-built mechanical keyboard and mouse as he zoomed in on his masterpiece.

Well, three masterpieces.

The first is a reworking of the ancient palaces. The next map released should have a greater focus on the culture that inspired the game, yet, it didn’t mean it had to be completely realistic. There were three separate ‘groups’ that Xiao Yi laid out.

White stone walls hid most of the structures, stretching approximately fifteen feet high but as one walked through the gate they’d be met with a secondary wall, approximately ten feet high with towers overlooking the visitors.

Once one entered the secondary wooden gate, they’d find a beautiful palace in front of them and what seemed to be the backs of buildings lined up until the palace. If they made it past the first palace for the inner courts, they’d be met with an extraordinary garden in front of another palace, with various walkways stretched to meet ten other, smaller palaces with their own courtyards and styles hidden within protective walls of their own.

If a player was walking at the base speed of a new player, they may be able to reach the last palace in a half hour of continuous walking.

The second is a seven-story pagoda with a phoenix situated on the very top of the roof. Alongside the phoenix, various other creatures stood guard on the different floors whether tethered to the outside of the walls, sitting in front of the doors, or hidden within the tower itself.

Outside of the pagoda, a vast water garden surrounded by blooming flowers… though, the gardens were not yet done, the walkways through the garden, over the waters, and gazebos had been carefully laid down.

This, unlike the palace, was meant to be hidden away outside of the main city yet didn’t have a spot.

The third is a whole sect. Xiao Yi was still working on it, as he had to map the terrain to build structures to fit the terrain. Hence, not only would V need to import a sect… He’d have to import the mountains as well.

Xiao Yi leaned back to look at his creations with a sly smile. He’d made the buildings, yet, it was up to V or his team to create the textures for most things aside from the base layer of stone. Texturing… He was far too lazy.

While he was thinking about his deceit, the door to the apartment swung open at exactly 3:04 in the afternoon and Xiao Yi spun around in his chair only to find V with his shirt halfway off his torso.

Xiao Yi blinked as V struggled to get the shirt over the rest of his head, the door still wide open behind him as he stumbled through the apartment and decisively pushed his foot off the ground, turning back to the monitor.

“Shit, is this the armhole?”

There was silence for a few moments before the footsteps continued and a door closed, only to reopen with V sporting jeans, a black t-shirt, and a mischievous smile. “Hey, it’s time to get up. We’re going to drink!”

Icy blue eyes met warm honey eyes as they stared at each other.

“Come on… I’m getting divorced, you haven’t seen the city, it’s the perfect time to go for a drink don’t you think?”

Xiao Yi couldn’t argue with him when it was himself who’d pulled out a pack of cigarettes only a few nights ago because it was the perfect time to smoke. He pushed himself off the chair and grabbed his sweater from the hooks nailed to the wall. 

1