An Otherworldly Being
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What do you think about living as a God or Goddess?

Humanity always depicts them as a powerful, omnipotent being that oversees everything. Nothing can escape their sight and grab, no matter how hidden and far it is. Every law of the living world is not applied to them. Their words are laws of life itself, and their hand is a blessing. While their anger is a curse and their other hands are punishment.

A powerful concept which able to triumph against everything. Depends on the value human could perceive, one can be categorized by a righteous God or Demon God. Even one could be both God and Goddess at the same time since gender has no meaning.

 

There’s a story about a mere mortal who able to reach the realm of Gods. The silly thing is, the natives of the said realms can still be overpowered by those who are not supposed to lay their feet on this holy place. If that were the case, doesn’t it makes God and Goddesses no longer an omnipotent concept? Instead, they’re just a mere creature now—a celestial organism that is really different from those who live on the land.

 

Let me rephrase that. Even some of the Gods themselves are still living on the land of humans and other creatures. I must admit that it’s the quickest way to gather our natural source of power: faith.

 

Those thoughts of humans are weirdly gathering in one place. And us, Gods, able to absorb those unseen concepts and makes us exist. There’s a big secret that humans better not knowing. Us, powerful beings called Gods can’t possibly alive until a few millennia later if there’s no one believes us anymore. That’s why there’s a case that a few Gods are disappearing as I speak because of that.

 

Because of that, our numbers are quite limited. I guess it’s a good thing if those mighty beings should not exist in a considerable amount or the ecosystem and the food chains are on the mess. As if there’s something that controls us and the world to keep the balance.

Then, what should we call the higher beings which control even us, the Gods and Goddesses?

We’ll leave it for now because there’s something concerning me that is about to come in any second.

 

“O, Milla, the Greatest Goddess of this Sanctuary. Please grant us our pray!”

 

I grant their sight sense to able to see me. I give those men my appearance based on their most beautiful and graceful values. And female gender as the base, since they’re calling me a Goddess.

Basically, I’m a lady with shining hair and a big circle ornament floating behind my back. I’m twice bigger than the average size of a human. A carefully-carved silver spear is my weapon and my prestige. I could say this form is heavily influenced by their prayers, wishes, and thoughts, so I adjust to suit their taste. My previous body has no relevance any longer now.

There’s no need for them to know that I’m used to being human, just like them in the past, right?

 

“I heard your utmost wish, mortal. But speak. Let me hear your desire. Materialize them as your feeble plea!”

 

Only on arm swing as I try to show off my silky transparent shawl, and the air around us is moving quickly. Really, this kind of feat is impossible for me when I was a human.

Nevertheless, I can’t do this kind of thing if their faith in me decreasing significantly. Even as a Goddess now, I still have to maintain this status to stay alive. Goodness, who would’ve thought that Gods and Goddesses are actually fragile beings once no human worships them?

 

“Please defeat the wicked abomination in our south city! That thing already defeated our best troops! There’s no other force who able to purge it except you, our Goddess!”

“Your plea shall be heard. Rejoice, puny humans. Your suffering is no more. Be proud and pious as I, Milla, are here to protect the mere mortal like you. You all are under my mercy.”

“O, our great Goddess!”

 

Nope. It’s nothing like that. Basically, this is just a business. I really need their faith conception to stay alive.

As I ascend upon the sky, I make sure to give them a little wind to show off. Humans really like to stay under a mighty power, right?

 

Because I’m a Goddess, I can arrive just in a second in the southern city of these humans. Probably the concept of space also irrelevant to us.

I point my spear towards the enemy. It’s an undead Goliath, which is too much for these poor people who tried to do their job. Pity, pity. What a pity.

But probably the Gods whose job description is governing deaths are just busier? I guess it’ll give them more overtime?

 

The giant creature in front of me is right intimidating. For mortals, of course. Looking at the energy, their melting flesh which emits a foul stench, and a terrible roar enough to make children fainted. I can say that this is Belledri’s doing.

The foul creature screams because it is aware of my presence. Classic as it may be, it is throwing its limbs onto me. Due to the Divine Wisdom I’ve got in the moment I’ve ascended into a higher being, I know that I don’t need to move.

 

“Goddes Milla! Watch out!”

“O, heavens! Please grant our Goddess an absolute victory!”

 

Who do you think you’re praying for? You just need to worship me, not another irresponsible God whose being lazy in the sky realm. Direct your faith on me, you fool.

 

“Grah!”

“You should know better when I’ve descended upon this land, cretin.”

 

Its limb suddenly melts away along with a flame on its edge. The creature steps back and screams in confusion. This shows how different our level is.

 

“This is it! It’s the holy flame of the Goddess!”

“Hurray, hurray!”

 

Their excitement gives me a few unconscious faith energy. This is good. The sensation I’m feeling right now is very different from a standard praying I’ve received every day. Better, even! This euphoria is one of my favorite moments, actually. We should do this often if I say.

With only a single thrust, my spears abnormally getting bigger and more extended to pierce that abomination’s vital away. That creature don’t have any moment to process what happened as it’s looking at me with massive disbelief. Not so long after, it is disintegrating into a cloud of green dust.

 

“Victory for our glorious Goddess, Milla!”

“Our Goddess of Victory. O, please protect us from any of abominable treats.”

 

I chuckle as I absorb their faith. This concept is truly what makes me alive, in a literal sense.

 

“I cast my mercy upon you, o mere mortal. Dedicate all of your life to me, and I can assure you a safe haven.”

 

Again, I need to make everything grand as I teleport away, leaving people in joy. They keep calling my name even if there’s a big breeze hits them because of my sudden movement.

 

Not so long after, in the middle of different planes of existence. There’s a table in red along with a tea set on it. There’s nothing to be seen until I get closer to that said table. The moment I put my arse there, the lamp from the nothingness comes out and shines around me.

 

I carefully serve my own tea, pours it down as my favorite aroma quickly entering my mind. The color is beautiful today, a light brown tea which makes me relax as I taste for a bit.

 

“Well, are you enjoying yourself, Milla?”

 

Someone, or rather, some being appeared in front of me, by the end of the table. She is wearing an absurd hat that is bigger than her head, combined with a one-piece dark garment. She smiles mischievously as she pours down the tea on her own cup. It’s a purple-ish color.

 

“Yes, I can say so. Especially when you give me some gifts out of nowhere, Belledri. Probably I should issue a war order towards your territory in exchange?”

“My, you’re giving me too many credits. War is just too much, you see. Just sent some spy from your part, and I’ll take care of it.”

“That’s a good suggestion. I’m sure your follower will worship you even more.”

“No problem, Milla. We have this mutualism treaty for the Gods, so it’s common sense to follow them. Thank you for the patronage!”

“Likewise.”

 

We both enjoy our chit-chat more while waiting for the other Gods and Goddess if they’re not busy. But my wisdom said that there will be no one who will join us.

 

I guess that concludes my daily life as a Goddess.

1